Shoutbox

Author Topic: [Legacy Mod] Early game Assassination and Excommunication  (Read 4267 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Reputation Power:
[Legacy Mod] Early game Assassination and Excommunication
« on: 27 September 2014, 18:28:28 »
Greetings!

Today I played 2 games, the first one ended rather abruptly after year 6, because I was either assassinated by an unattackable Thug (dark fog and stuff) or, after several reloads and attempts to avoid the fate, burned at the stake the same year. I had NO enemies whatsoever. Everyone was neutral. And no one actually TOOK me to the stake. my character was just suddenly becoming uncontrollable and walked there by himself.

Additionally, the year before, my wife suddenly returned to her old dynasty, removing my control over her. No idea why, I was a great husband. Gifts and everything. I hope this is a bug.

Second game:

Year 1409, Sovereign and Pope are from the same dynasty, they suddenly turn from 80% affection to about 5%, immediatly excommunicating me, and well...you can imagine the rest. I'm currently hiding in my smithy. I had no message telling me of some discord or anything. The Emperor of course ordered my incarceration. Happens the second I leave the smithy.

I attempted killing the Pope to no avail (my own hirelings did that), I am still excommunicated. A coop friend of mine rose to the position of Pope, he however cannot ... "incommunicate" me. At least he doesn't know how.

I request aid in this matter. How do I remove excommunication? It is rather weird to have everyone hating me without any reason. Makes the game...rather hard.

Thx in advance for any tips :D

[Edit: Using Legacy 1.15]

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
Re: [Legacy Mod] Early game Assassination and Excommunication
« Reply #1 on: 28 September 2014, 14:31:02 »
Burnt at the stake without an enemy is not possible. When the code initiated you did have an enemy. Perhaps he suffered a similar fate as you, only quicker ;)

Excommunication is possible to avoid. You either keep a very high relation with the pope or keep a very high faith. I have not tested the faith stockpile but someone mentioned the game allows you to have a 300% faith. 95% is all that is required to prevent being burnt.

To shut these features off play on easy, or click on any council building and turn off the AI helper. (if it doesn't work you will just need to Uninstall and wait for next version. There was a bug trying to shut off the AI helper, so I am not sure if I already released the fix or if it will be in 1.16)

Offline Zakalwe

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2014, 14:48:06 »
Hi, and thanks for answering! :D

I can see him being killed faster than me. Quite true. Still, it is weird that I am not in custody or being led to be burned, my character just walked there by himself while looking like being handcuffed. No symbol there though. Or guard.

Anyhow, I can see that I can avoid being excommunicated, but how to I REVOKE it? Gain faith again by going to church? Can try to sneak past the guards to do that, don't think it'll work though :)

Also, I was on EXCELLENT terms with the pope and sovereign, but they SUDDENLY started hating me. I have not received any message or event that would lead to such behavior. My coop partner was also hated by them a few minutes after they targeted me. Again, no event or anything. Killing the pope led to him getting the title, yet I am still excommunicated :(

If there's no fix for my situation, the next game I will STAY in the friggin church and pray to all gods available. Thrice. With bonus kneeling. And a holy tortoise for the Great God Om, in case he's looking.

[Edit:] Is it possible for my friend to use thesis papers on me to increase my faith?

I think it is Karma. Playing 30 times as a thief with varying degrees of wickedness, the now peaceful smith is to be punished. A hindu-christian game, if I may say so.

Offline Kagus

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 06 October 2014, 14:45:16 »
Howdy.  Registered just to make this post, as I feel it's something that should probably be made note of.

The reason for your sudden, inexplicable excommunication/imprisonment (potentially also the assassination attempt, but that's more difficult to nail down) is because of a funny little chain reaction introduced by the mod.

What happens is that the people in the positions of Sovereign, Monarch and Emperor all have the ability to embezzle public funds.  Before, this used to just be an instant-success cash grab, but this has since been somewhat balanced by the community by introducing a stealth check each time you embezzle.  Failing the check will not put you in jail, but it will cause a significant drop in relations with pretty much every single person in the entire city.

Here's where things get funny.  Favor values are mutual, if one person experiences an increase or decrease in their opinion of someone, the other person immediately reflects that change in their stance as well.  Furthermore, favor values are shared among all members of a dynasty...  If you make friends (or, more likely, enemies) with one dynasty member, their opinion will be shared by the rest of their family.

Thanks to the AI tweaks, NPC office holders will use their political abilities all the time.  This includes embezzlement.  Generally speaking, they're also pretty crappy at stealth, so they almost always fail the check.  This drastically (about 40% of the bar each time) reduces your opinion of them, which is then mirrored by how they feel about you.  This is then shared among all their dynasty members.

So, basically, what was happening was that the sovereign was stealing money and got upset with you because he stole the money.  Then he told the pope about what a dick you were for letting him steal the money, and then they both decided to gang up on you to teach you a lesson for your completely neutral stance in the whole affair.

Personally...  I feel it could use a couple more tweaks.  Funny, yes, but also insanely irritating thanks to the other mechanics in place (assassination being a particular peeve of mine).

Offline Zakalwe

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #4 on: 09 October 2014, 14:03:43 »
Oh my god. Most epic explanation ever.

Thank you for this!

Wisdom +1 for me! :D

Offline jojobe

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2015, 23:57:31 »
the thugs are to OP. immune to damage. I avoided the fate of assassination by running out the building I had to move because the assassin has not left LOL. In meetings im the only family alive aside from the Generic dynasties. this mod need some work its a game killer.

Offline Nekuratu

• Reputation Power:
  • I'll be back!
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2015, 01:29:41 »
Legacy Mod is DEAD  :)
EN: I robbed landowners wholesale, until I reached the top ten. | RO: Am jefuit boieri cu toptanul pana am ajuns in top ten.

quarterly