Shoutbox

Author Topic: Kickstarter  (Read 6703 times)

Offline Wakko

• Reputation Power:
Kickstarter
« on: 03 February 2013, 18:02:46 »
Any plans on having this project kickstarted? I really want to see a new "The Guild" - alike game!

Offline tranisodis

• Reputation Power:
Re: Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2013, 00:01:15 »
Same I want another guild game -_-

Offline Euly

• Betatester
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2013, 00:39:31 »
Agreed.
Kickstarter has gained a lot of popularity in the past year. A lot of people browse the site looking for projects to fund. Maybe Runeforge would be a success, who knows?
« Last Edit: 08 March 2013, 00:56:34 by Euly »

Offline JFCM88

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 10 March 2013, 16:35:06 »
This has been one of the recurring questions ever since Kontor was announced.  I believe they have strongly considered kickstarter - but they want to wait until they have something more substantial to bring to it.

Using kickstarter means immediately setting up deadlines and goals that have to be met whereas their current situation means they can work on it as a side project while maintaining whatever is actually paying their pay cheques.

Also, (off-topic to Kontor but still on-topic to kickstarter) to put out a kickstarter campaign to help fund development of a game that is already released (TG2:R) seems very shady and will most likely not fly very well.  It seems better to just utilise the contributions page to help them along with that.
This is my signature - there are many other signatures like it, but this one is mine.

Offline H.-P.

• Community Manager
  • Reputation Power:
    • blackshuck.de
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2013, 16:55:28 »
This has been one of the recurring questions ever since Kontor was announced.  I believe they have strongly considered kickstarter - but they want to wait until they have something more substantial to bring to it.

Using kickstarter means immediately setting up deadlines and goals that have to be met whereas their current situation means they can work on it as a side project while maintaining whatever is actually paying their pay cheques.

Also, (off-topic to Kontor but still on-topic to kickstarter) to put out a kickstarter campaign to help fund development of a game that is already released (TG2:R) seems very shady and will most likely not fly very well.  It seems better to just utilise the contributions page to help them along with that.

Thats exactly the point  ;)

Offline Dracullia

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2013, 13:34:45 »
So where can I find this infamous contribution page, that is not Kickstarter?? =)

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
« Reply #6 on: 24 June 2013, 23:34:28 »
That would be HERE
^^I would note that the idea for Kontor has been around for quite a few years and there really hasn't been any updates showing that anything has been accomplished.
Basically saying there is no guarantee Kontor is being worked on or will be finished so your donation is essentially a gamble. You may win or you may lose but you should be content with either outcome before making the contribution.

Offline Aoyagi

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #7 on: 16 July 2013, 10:18:46 »
I would certainly pledge to that having more than 100 hours in TG2R. Then again, it's been a while since I've seen any kind of activity from Rune Forge :(

Offline weirdwayne15

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #8 on: 16 October 2013, 22:12:16 »
If funding is the only issue and they can get it on kickstarter than why would they not do kickstarter. Many other developers have. They never know they could make more than they'd imagine. If they really want to see this game happen set a financial goal that you all feel happy about then go for it and see where the dice fall. It's not right to you developers who have this dream to not go for it and it's not right to the people (who have been anticipating this far longer than I have) to be kept in a limbo.

Offline fl1guy2

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #9 on: 19 October 2013, 13:34:30 »
They said that they were going to finish when it's done and that they're financing it by themselves. But they never even tried kickstarter. They said on one post I read that they were hoping for a mid 2013 release. But nothing lately at all.

Heck if Star Citizen the new mmo version of X-wing can get $22 million from kickstarter I guarantee they could get plenty to finish this project completely by people looking for a new Guild style game.

I liked how a game called The Dead Linger did it. They used kickstarter from an idea and a small team and they received enough to get the core game done enough to release a public Alpha release on Steam.

You guys could attempt getting it on Kickstarter get some money get the game to be playable and go to Steam for Greenlight and do a basic Alpha release to lower the cost of beta testers and charge like $10-$15 to play the Alpha/Beta stages of game while original backers will get it for free. That would get the game enough funding to finish it. Then give a discount/free copies to the people that backed the project on Kickstarter or paid on the Alpha release.

And on top of that you get it on Steam and that's free advertising to one of the largest game retailers this side of the Amazon and Gamestop.

But then again I've all ways been told that you never know unless you try.

quarterly
quarterly