Shoutbox

Author Topic: From raw material to products  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Scandal

• Runeforge Game Studio
  • Reputation Power:
From raw material to products
« on: 23 October 2014, 17:23:12 »
The lumberyard - essential for the carpenter, but also important for other craftsmen.

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
Re: From raw material to products
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2014, 19:05:14 »
Very nice.  I wonder if we will see actual trees being cut in this one, or if characters will still just hack away at an infinite pile of logs.  If you had actual logging/lumberjacking, then you could also have a forester profession to repopulate trees.  Either way, cool models. 

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #2 on: 23 October 2014, 20:31:16 »
oh, memories of The Settlers 2 inc. :D

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2014, 22:19:40 »
oh, memories of The Settlers 2 inc. :D

Haha.  Yes, exactly.  I played The Settlers (my copy was called Serf City) more hours than I can count.  The guild has some elements of The Settlers in it, but has replaced it in my hall of fame at this point. 

Offline Scandal

• Runeforge Game Studio
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #4 on: 06 November 2014, 17:32:30 »
The Mine - for the smith the primary raw material manufacturer.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
« Reply #5 on: 06 November 2014, 19:47:32 »
Any comment about the history of railroads posted on FB? lol
Is the start date gonna be later? or are you going with the "not historically" accurate stance...

Personally I don't care except if the state date will be later...this might make for a disappointing game :P
^^Make the start date early and then you can make expansions for later dates lol

Offline Napi96

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power:
  • Before asking: www.google.com
« Reply #6 on: 06 November 2014, 21:39:37 »
Any comment about the history of railroads posted on FB? lol
Is the start date gonna be later? or are you going with the "not historically" accurate stance...

Personally I don't care except if the state date will be later...this might make for a disappointing game :P
^^Make the start date early and then you can make expansions for later dates lol

was already posted on fb^^

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #7 on: 06 November 2014, 22:03:30 »
Not that Wikipedia is a peer reviewed source or anything, but in its minecart article there is an illustration dating from 1556:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecart

I don't know if they actually rolled on the type of rails shown in this rendering though - I think probably on just one rail.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #8 on: 06 November 2014, 22:25:09 »
Not that Wikipedia is a peer reviewed source or anything, but in its minecart article there is an illustration dating from 1556:

I don't know if they actually rolled on the type of rails shown in this rendering though - I think probably on just one rail.
They already responded as napi96 said :)
Wooden rails yes, iron rails no.
But from the comment we are not going to have a 1800's start date thankfully...that was all I was worried about. Whether they change the rendering I really don't care ;)

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #9 on: 07 November 2014, 00:35:12 »

But from the comment we are not going to have a 1800's start date thankfully...that was all I was worried about. Whether they change the rendering I really don't care ;)

Damn.  Somehow I missed that facebook response, probably because I have the facebook aptitude of a 90 year old.  Anyway, that's good news.  I too would dislike anything but a medieval setting, at least for the base game. 

Offline Scandal

• Runeforge Game Studio
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #10 on: 07 November 2014, 09:58:42 »

:)

Offline Napi96

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power:
  • Before asking: www.google.com
« Reply #11 on: 07 November 2014, 14:12:28 »

As far as I know, you can change the date in a scenario editor. At least it was mentioned at a German website. :D

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #12 on: 07 November 2014, 16:26:48 »

As far as I know, you can change the date in a scenario editor. At least it was mentioned at a German website. :D
Will changing the date actually change the time period on the map? If not then there isn't much point. If it does though I'm going back to the dark ages :)

quarterly