Shoutbox

Author Topic: Various Gameplay Questions  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Xaser

• Reputation Power:
Various Gameplay Questions
« on: 26 December 2014, 17:09:19 »
Hi there,

first of all a great thank you to the devs who still continue to write patches and keep the game going :) The Guild has always been one of my favorite game-series and I'm also very looking forward to Guild 3.

I'm currently playing a MP game with my Brother and there are quite a few things that left me wondering, maybe some people here can answer them:

1. when you buy stuff at greater quantities, a red price tag appears below. what does it mean, it seems almost random?

2. How is the "production cost" of a product calculated? does it include salary and current material cost? what market value is used?

3. Can I run for office in a different town / build a home there or have a business there?

4. Is it possible to run churches of both confessions?

5. There are probably many answers to this one: I'm having extreme trouble gaining influence with high office people. What can I do which doesn't  cost me a fortune.

6. Using the Free Trade Skill, I sold some high quality items for above the base price but also alot below market sell price of the local Market. Is this a bug?

Also some bugs I found:
Quick Save randomly stops / starts working.
I ran for an office, was in the City Hall but somehow I wasn't up for vote???
Animation for people going to their seats in the City Hall is bugged.

Thanks for all input :)

Offline xpressive_dan

• Reputation Power:
    • Xpressive Studio Design Facebook
Re: Various Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1 on: 26 December 2014, 17:25:14 »
Hi wellcome,

Q1. when you buy stuff at greater quantities, a red price tag appears below. what does it mean, it seems almost random?
A1.  When you see the red price it means that the item you wanted have limited stock bellow 3 items so the price will grow, thisalso  it depends of sales taxes how will the town ruller will set. Also the cost of production is affected by the quantity which manufactured item it require.

Q3. Can I run for office in a different town / build a home there or have a business there?
A3. Not really you can't get office in different town only if you have others members in your dinasty moved there also this apply for bulding home and business ;

Q4. Is it possible to run churches of both confessions?
A4. Yes you can if you have 2 scholars members in your dinasty family but with diferent religion for exemple one is converted to catholic and one to Protestant faith.

Also some bugs I found:

How much memory ram you ? This game often have memory leak, can crash alot when do a quick, autosave or manual save, it have the most problematic think in the game....
As for animation indded is bugged, hope they will fix in the next patch.....
« Last Edit: 26 December 2014, 17:35:20 by xpressive_dan »

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #2 on: 26 December 2014, 17:31:30 »
Hi there,

Hi ^^

first of all a great thank you to the devs who still continue to write patches and keep the game going :) The Guild has always been one of my favorite game-series and I'm also very looking forward to Guild 3.

I'm currently playing a MP game with my Brother and there are quite a few things that left me wondering, maybe some people here can answer them:

Lets see

1. when you buy stuff at greater quantities, a red price tag appears below. what does it mean, it seems almost random?

Prices are live-calculated. So it doesnt matter, if you buy 20 times 1 item or 1 time 20 items. The less products on the market are stockpiled, the more you have to pay for them. So if you buy items, you have to pay more, if the market is about to run out of these goods (and vice versa with selling items) Red means: Bad price for you, green is good for you (compared to base price)

2. How is the "production cost" of a product calculated? does it include salary and current material cost? what market value is used?
As far as i know it depends on base prices, but in my experience this value is highly bugged. I never use it, just ignore it and write down your own calculations

3. Can I run for office in a different town / build a home there or have a business there?

Yes. You can buy a home in a different city and "assign" it to your character as a new homebuilding (you have to enter it with that character).
You can run for an office in that town, but only if you have a home assigned. You can only have 1 home at a time.

4. Is it possible to run churches of both confessions?
Not sure. Try it. You probably can own both, but only work in one of them, not sure though.

5. There are probably many answers to this one: I'm having extreme trouble gaining influence with high office people. What can I do which doesn't  cost me a fortune.

Flirt/Compliment them if you can. Use Perfume/ Accessoires (guild hall: alderman chain. or rings. or clothes)
Make presents. Use poems/ cakes. If the relations are really really bad and you are a noble, you can force a duell. After the duell you will be friends.

There are tons of other possibilites but these are the common ones.

6. Using the Free Trade Skill, I sold some high quality items for above the base price but also alot below market sell price of the local Market. Is this a bug?

No. You will sell it for more if you raise your bargaining talent. The price is calculated on base price + Bonus*Bargaining. so not on the current sell price. You have to look, if its more profitable to sell it with free trade or on the market :)

Also some bugs I found:
Not sure what that means?

In the first rounds there is still a little bug that resets some applicants at 14 oclock. You have to apply again if this kicks you out, but this shouldnt happen in higher rounds.
If this was not the case, you have to describe more ...

We know, but sometimes the AI doesn't find there seats. Currently we don't know how to fix that. Its either that or even more bugs ... So it's not pretty,but should work properly?

thank YOU for your input,

i hope this helps. Have a lot of fun :)

Offline Xaser

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 27 December 2014, 17:16:23 »
Prices are live-calculated. So it doesnt matter, if you buy 20 times 1 item or 1 time 20 items. The less products on the market are stockpiled, the more you have to pay for them. So if you buy items, you have to pay more, if the market is about to run out of these goods (and vice versa with selling items) Red means: Bad price for you, green is good for you (compared to base price)

Well this seems bugged then as well. e.g. I bought some "altar bread" (?) from the sales warehouse of a different church (real good way to make money btw.) it was set at 13G. At a counter of 1, the red price tag said 28G. It stayed at 28G up to 10 units then jumped to 62. Yet when I bought 10 units, I only paid 130G.

So these live market tags seem.. random.

Also some bugs I found:

Not sure what that means?

Sometimes I press Q and nothing happens. I have so save manually. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.
In fact this seems to be a bug with the whole hotkey system. If the quicksave button doesn't work, then no other hotkey (speed +-) doesn't work either.

Some more questions:

- If the church tax is 6%, does that mean I have to pay 6% of my gold each round? where does the money go? do I profit somehow if I own churches in town?
- Is it possible to show the balance sheet of the last round?
- The Charisma of my oldest Character is  1, even though it was skilled up to 10.. what might cause this?

Some more bugs:
- The Avatars of carts randomly changed to random persons one time
- During an election, the HUD said that the AI would vote for me (100% affection), yet he randomly changed his mind.. this happened multiple times.

PS: Sorry if the terminology isn't quite right, I'm playing the german version.

EDIT: Very important bug: if you are in one team with another player in a MP session, and for some reason you become enemies (e.g. the other player gets involved in a crime fight) there is no way to make peace.
« Last Edit: 28 December 2014, 00:43:49 by Xaser »

quarterly
quarterly