Shoutbox

Author Topic: Population bug maybe? (4.20)  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Skau

• Reputation Power:
Population bug maybe? (4.20)
« on: 18 January 2015, 20:27:09 »
Hey guys, I'm kinda stuck. One of my family members is a city mayor, and I'm trying to buy new city rights, as we are far behind the other cities. We have like 7 available positions, because we still only have city rights, while the others have like 12 slots..they have a king etc.
But when I try to buy new rights, I get a message that says "You do not fulfill the necessary requirements (%4i Citizens).
What does that mean? My family has "taken over" the city, and have 5 out of 7 family members in politics and 13 of 16 businesses in the city.
I tried downloading the repopulate mod, because maybe if I could add some random people to the city it would solve the problem. But it doesn't look like the mod is compatible with patch 4.20.
Reason I was thinking of adding more people is that because I have monopoly over basically the whole city, it's very hard for anyone to establish there. There are also no other dynasties is the city, they are all in one of the 3 others.
Any tips?
« Last Edit: 18 January 2015, 20:30:37 by Skau »

Offline Glycerius

• Reputation Power:
Re: Population bug maybe? (4.20)
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2015, 20:55:52 »
I have that issue too. I was able to upgrade Danzig once once when I played with an old save from before the latest patch. This game is very recent. Maybe there is a figure, as the population is only 240. Maybe it is 300, but that should show.
« Last Edit: 18 January 2015, 21:05:13 by Glycerius »

Offline Nekuratu

• Reputation Power:
  • I'll be back!
« Reply #2 on: 18 January 2015, 21:13:43 »
I have that issue too. I was able to upgrade Danzig once once when I played with an old save from before the latest patch. This game is very recent. Maybe there is a figure, as the population is only 240. Maybe it is 300, but that should show.

function GetValue(Level)
   if Level==2 then
      return {0, 80}
   elseif Level==3 then
      return {90, 130}
   elseif Level==4 then
      return {140, 200}
   elseif Level==5 then
      return {200, 300}
   elseif Level==6 then
      return {260, 99999}
   end
end

Green - Upgrade at xxx
Red - Downgrade at xxx ???

My opinion !!!
The best thing to do is to create a script that make shadow dynasties have babies and in that way the late game is secured even when it comes to office holders tree. This script will solve many, many problems.

BTW try to alter the values, make them smaller and see if the city upgrades. You will find this code in \The Guild 2 - Renaissance\Scripts\City\CityLevel.lua
« Last Edit: 18 January 2015, 21:27:58 by Nekuratu »
EN: I robbed landowners wholesale, until I reached the top ten. | RO: Am jefuit boieri cu toptanul pana am ajuns in top ten.

Offline Skau

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 18 January 2015, 23:20:25 »

function GetValue(Level)
   if Level==2 then
      return {0, 80}
   elseif Level==3 then
      return {90, 130}
   elseif Level==4 then
      return {140, 200}
   elseif Level==5 then
      return {200, 300}
   elseif Level==6 then
      return {260, 99999}
   end
end

Green - Upgrade at xxx

My opinion !!!
The best thing to do is to create a script that make shadow dynasties have babies and in that way the late game is secured even when it comes to office holders tree. This script will solve many, many problems.

BTW try to alter the values, make them smaller and see if the city upgrades. You will find this code in \The Guild 2 - Renaissance\Scripts\City\CityLevel.lua

I'm fairly new to this whole thing.. Will this enable me to increase the population in my city or just lower the requirements to upgrade the city?
I have never created a script before  :-[
« Last Edit: 18 January 2015, 23:39:09 by Skau »

Offline Nekuratu

• Reputation Power:
  • I'll be back!
« Reply #4 on: 18 January 2015, 23:42:40 »
So far, from what I know only a script will be able to increase your population or to accelerate the population process of increasing.
In my mind:
AI dynasties child restriction changed to... let's say 10 and like that they will make child after child (heroine mother ???).
AI shadow able to reproduce themselves (let them have many babies and the skill Kamasutra Master LOL :))).

And about what have you posted above if you make the numbers lower then you will upgrade your city level faster.
« Last Edit: 18 January 2015, 23:52:06 by Nekuratu »
EN: I robbed landowners wholesale, until I reached the top ten. | RO: Am jefuit boieri cu toptanul pana am ajuns in top ten.

Offline Skau

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #5 on: 18 January 2015, 23:50:09 »
Hmm. Are there any scripts out there already? Because I have no idea how to create a script that makes the shadow dynasties procreate more frequently.

Offline Nekuratu

• Reputation Power:
  • I'll be back!
« Reply #6 on: 19 January 2015, 00:03:27 »
Read and maybe this will help you a little if you known how to extract and merge that with the current version 4.2b !
* Repopulate - AI Helper
http://forum.runeforge-games.net/index.php/topic,5794.msg14581.html#msg14581
« Last Edit: 19 January 2015, 00:13:04 by Nekuratu »

Offline Skau

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #7 on: 19 January 2015, 00:09:32 »
I tried installing that repopulate mod.  Didn't work, seems like you need patch 4.17 or something? When you click the AI Helper button that pops up in-game nothing happens.
I may need to edit a few lines of text, but I have no experience with this.

Offline Glycerius

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #8 on: 19 January 2015, 03:43:37 »

function GetValue(Level)
   if Level==2 then
      return {0, 80}
   elseif Level==3 then
      return {90, 130}
   elseif Level==4 then
      return {140, 200}
   elseif Level==5 then
      return {200, 300}
   elseif Level==6 then
      return {260, 99999}
   end
end

Green - Upgrade at xxx

My opinion !!!

That suggested I've enough for the Sovereign ruled city. I'll edit tomorrow evening and see what happens.

I notice too that I was able to make an accusation against a child from another family, although he never turned up for trial and was away at university long enough for outlawry not to matter. I had to murder the magistrate later, as he tried to run for mayor.

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #9 on: 19 January 2015, 13:13:38 »
you can have only 1 main city on the map (so only 1 king)

Offline Skau

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #10 on: 19 January 2015, 19:42:13 »

Hmm ok. Do you know of any scripts which can help the shadow dynasties "blossom"? End-game feels a bit empty.

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #11 on: 20 January 2015, 20:14:41 »
we will change something for 4.21

Offline Glycerius

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #12 on: 22 January 2015, 14:32:31 »

One of my games, started under 4.20 and played under subsequent updates has sovereigns in both Hamburg and Danzig. My City Mayor in Danzig purchased new rights. It also doesn't strain history for both London and another city to have a Sovereign, as they were capitals of different territories.

quarterly
quarterly