Shoutbox

Author Topic: Hamachi, Tunngle, Garena, Evolve....other?  (Read 8047 times)

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
Hamachi, Tunngle, Garena, Evolve....other?
« on: 30 April 2013, 01:34:08 »
Just curious if anyone has any opinions on these or any similar program. Not sure if they are all the same and just present superficial benefits or if one program or another can actually offer better mp stability somehow
First time I've ever searched for a hamachi alternative and was surprised with all the programs I found :P

Edit: Well from the listed programs I think tunngle has the best features. Also checked out their forum and the devs are extremely active and helpful. When I went on Garena's site moderators were informing people to send emails to one specific person and people had yet to get a response after waiting for a week. So that says a lot about a company.

So Tunngle right now seems to be my first choice. Would definitely be interested in everyone elses feedback especially if anyone has any technical insight on all these programs and their efficiency.
I keep reading about how hamachi turns thousand dollar gaming rigs into a hundred dollar piece of crap. Is this still true? Do these other programs offer better efficiency or is there a better way to MP that I have not mentioned and am not aware of?

Thanks for your input guys!
« Last Edit: 30 April 2013, 03:49:07 by McCoy! »

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
Re: Hamachi, Tunngle, Garena, Evolve....other?
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2013, 17:50:34 »
I use Hamachi most of the time, but Hamachi can't make Class C networks which are needed for some games.
Tunngle has many features (Class C networks for example :D), but is very overloaded with them. Took me ages to build up a network.

Never tried anything else (except of real VPNs of course).

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
Re: Hamachi, Tunngle, Garena, Evolve....other?
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2013, 22:19:25 »
Hmm one more question. I keep reading on forums that hamachi can make $1000 machines work like $100 pieces of crap. My issue is I dont understand what they mean. Do you have to set up hamachi or tunngle a certain way to make them more efficient? Or am I just reading a generic statement from people who dont really know what they're talking about :P

quarterly