Shoutbox

Author Topic: 4.2 Glitch that causes animations to keep restarting (without finishing them)  (Read 1683 times)

Offline orcam3

• Reputation Power:
Good day:

My problem is that i cannot use the ''Embezzle public money'' option, my character starts the animation (moving towards the treasury door with her hands) but does not finish it, instead she restarts the animation.

I don't know if this is a related issue but when i open the 'chat' menu, it will just stay open for 2 seconds and then close.

I use the 4.2 final patch, i only play singleplayer.
I use windows 7.

I hope anyone can help me because i love the game

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
if you want, you can upload your savegame to a file hoster and i will take a look

Offline orcam3

• Reputation Power:
Here is the file

http://www.filedropper.com/usersave0003

I also discovered that this error only occurs on my female character. (Yvonne Newark)
She cannot perform any actions because everything resets every 2 seconds for her (if i click ''compliment someone'' the cursor will change back to normal within 2 seconds)

Edit:
Is there some way to reset her using a command prompt or something?
« Last Edit: 19 February 2015, 10:39:42 by orcam3 »

Offline orcam3

• Reputation Power:
It happened again in a different game (different map, different class (rogue)), it's really ruining my fun  :'(

Breakthrough?: i threw her out of group, then added her again > BUG STILL THERE > I left the townhall > BUG WENT AWAY > Entered the Town hall again > BUG STILL AWAY

Interesting note: In both different bug savegames, the settlement level was TOWN (instead of e.g. imperial capital)
« Last Edit: 25 February 2015, 18:21:15 by orcam3 »

Offline Napi96

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power:
  • Before asking: www.google.com
@Fajeth: I edited a file (look in SVN), I hope it works^^

Offline sublogic

• Reputation Power:
I am probably not experienced enough to be sure, but this seems like something repeatedly trying to start measures?
And given the kind of frequency, I am suspecting it is a state script, which may be caused by bad state management (e.g. set state but did not unset it properly)

Just to check, did you add any custom mod, edit, hack etc?

Offline Napi96

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power:
  • Before asking: www.google.com
I am probably not experienced enough to be sure, but this seems like something repeatedly trying to start measures?
And given the kind of frequency, I am suspecting it is a state script, which may be caused by bad state management (e.g. set state but did not unset it properly)

Just to check, did you add any custom mod, edit, hack etc?

It is a db bug (in my opinion)... the script doesn't call for any state^^

quarterly