Shoutbox

Author Topic: [REL] Levels & Abilities MOD  (Read 7857 times)

Offline slojo

• Reputation Power:
  • I see awe you see?
[REL] Levels & Abilities MOD
« on: 31 March 2015, 06:09:04 »
Guild 2 Renaissance:   Character Levels, Skills, and Abilities MOD  v0.1

I've just created/released a Mod that stretches out the character levels (for longer game play)... and also that modifies the list of abilities in various simple ways... adding some new primitive abilities that level-up each and every Skill.  Here's a paraphrase of the readme...

-------------------------------------------------
Description:

Character Levels: This makes the character levels stretched out for long game play, prettified (rounded off numbers), and mathematically spaced out (triangular numbers). I think this character level number series (if you like slow level-ups that maximal use of the available xp (4500... close to the max of 47,325 XP... and much fuller than the 1500 vanilla XP)) is
quite well spaced out... giving a near optimal progression.

Abilities: I've inserted 10 new Abilities, which are nothing more than Skill bonuses. Some of them redundant, and over-kill, but if you are able to add this MOD to your Guild 2 Renaissance game, then you are probably able to modify the abilities.dbt list-values... ie, the value surrounded by (parentheses)... [and just the first number of each parenthetical set]... to adjust the game to your own liking. I didn't make this as a cheat... but wanted to show the max/optimal usable values. As noted in the abilities.dbt file, I set the dexterity to 40 (+ 10 through normal level-ups = 50)... as anything much faster produces some navigation problems and other game glitches. Rhetoric is pretty muched maxed at 500, and so I provided 5 abilities of Rhetoric at 100-levels each. I didn't spend a whole lot of time testing, but it seems to work pretty well. If you have any problems, post/reply on the
rune-forge guild-2-renaissance forums (see links below).  [By max/optimal -- I mean, to me it seems pointless to raise certain values higher -- but one could always set them lower. You might disagree with my decision to keep the constitution-bonus so low... if so, change it.]

Abilities: I've (thanks to Valentine82, etc) included the ability to gather MOST (but not quite all) abilities. I wanted to optimize this further, but ran out of time. Personally I like valuating, or making decisions that allow for variation and challenge... but if you don't, you can change this to add all abilities... if you take the time to add the simple code.

Abilities: I've also included a Experimental Ability... which is truly that, an experiment. I don't think it does anything... but you can edit the MOD, and maybe find a value that DOES work. Re-Post if you do! Otherwise, just ignore that option.  [It's an attempt to get other Modders interested in adding to this Mod]

Character Levels + Abilities: I tried to distribute and spread the abilities somewhat evenly throughout the various levels (I even inserted abilities at levels 3,5,6,8,and9)... so that they aren't all clumped up. It's not the best, maybe you can come up with something better.

As a bonus, I translated from german the abilities.dbt -- and added some explanations of the numbers. It could be improved further, but it is a start.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation:
In an explorer window, navigate to ...\The Guild 2 - Renaissance\DB\

Now make a backup of the following files.
abilities.dbt
abilitypoints.dbt
CharLevels.dbt
text.dbt

Now, you are probably fine to simply overwrite the original abilities.dbt, abiitypoints.dbt, and CharLevels.dbt files with the ones I've included in the zip. Else, merge them, either manually (as they are fairly short) or with a program like WinMerge or such.

[If you just want the CharLevels.dbt mod, then just replace the original with this, and fully RESTART the game] [If you don't want CharLevels.dbt mod, then omit that, and continue.]

Then open up in Notepad the file text.dbt -- now at the bottom of that file [or, before line 364 if you want to keep the related sections together]... insert the contents of the archived file 'Text.dbt INSERTIONS.txt' -- just open that file, copy the contents, and then paste them into the text.dbt file in your guild2renaissance directory. Then save the file.

Now, CLOSE Guild2Renaissance, and RE-OPEN it to play (ie, you can't just exit to the game's start-menu, you have to fully close out first).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to Modify this MOD in anyway you like, but give -Slojo- some credit please, it helps when people want to search for related Mods.

In fact I would like you to make some positive modifications to this... someone created the immortal-mod from playing around with abilities... and their are many other ideas and potential creations for the adventurous! Have fun with this MOD, enjoy the longer game-play (which is more worth it when you have the ability to level your rhetoric up to 500!

Slojo

PS - I didn't know if this qualifies as a [REL] or just a [WIP]... there's still room to improve the code, both by extending it and by cleaning it up... but I thought it should qualify as a RELease because it has no obvious/significant bugs... and because the   CharLevels.dbt  file/mod is final.  In other words, it's stable, if ugly and unfinished. If the moderators wish to alter the title, that's fine... or if a moderator would include it in the sticky 'List of Mods for The Guild 2 Renaissance' (started by DarkLiz) thread then I would be glad for that!

EDIT - I re-uploaded a new Mod-Launcher version... sorry to anyone who downloaded the first ModLauncher version, I was just learning to use it... it now properly restores all the original files. 
« Last Edit: 31 March 2015, 20:26:23 by slojo »

Offline slojo

• Reputation Power:
  • I see awe you see?
Re: [REL] Levels & Abilities MOD
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2015, 06:20:40 »
Follow-up... If you just want the Character Level Mod (which distributes the levels for greatest possible length of gameplay)... then here is the code:  [open up guild2ren/db/CharLevels.dbt and overwrite or merge with the below]

Code: [Select]
//Table File, Version 1.02 (c) 2004 4head studios
//Exported

Table Description:
"id" INT -1 |"level" INT  0 |"xp" INT  0 |

Data:
0            1               0          |     // This line doesn't mean anything or do anything... 1 becomes 0, and as 0 < 1, it is ignored. (500)
1            2               1000         |     // This 2 becomes 1, and hence is the level you start at... you must gain 1100 xp before you advance to next level.  see? (1100)
2            3               3000         |     // (1800)
3            4               6000         |     // (2700)
4            5               10000        |     // (3800)
5            6               15000        |     // (5100)
6            7               21000        |     // (6500)
7            8               28000        |     // (8200)
8            9               36000        |     // (10,000)
9            10              45000        |     // (15,000)
//10           11              46000        |   // This is an idea that fails to work... it would be nice to have more then 10 levels...
//11           12              47325        |   // It was suggested that we could make level attainment slower (up the xp values here), give more abilities per gain... to compensate

The CharLevels.dbt file has a kind of weird behaviour, as hinted at above... but this can generally be ignored.  You can see the pretty whole numbers in the list above, and their additively incremental (but multiplicatively decreasing) rate of progression in the above code.  I like, and hope you appreciate it to.

[Note: This doesn't alter the attributes in any way (other than taking more time to reach the levels to acquire new abilities]

Enjoy!  --  Slojo

Offline slojo

• Reputation Power:
  • I see awe you see?
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2015, 06:27:41 »
Follow-up... Here's the code to insert into   text.dbt   just in case anyone had problems or confusions with the download instructions and package...  [open up in notepad   /guild2ren/db/text.db   and append the following code at the bottom or such of the contents of that file.  There's NO need to do this IF you already did it once via the downloadable Mod. Here you go:]

45000       "_ABILITIES_Constitution_NAME_+0"    "Constitution"   |
45001       "_ABILITIES_Constitution_DESCRIPTION_+0"    "Gain a few levels of Constitution -- increases HP but not storage slots."   |
45002       "_ABILITIES_Dexterity_NAME_+0"    "Dexterity"   |
45003       "_ABILITIES_Dexterity_DESCRIPTION_+0"    "Run like a jack-rabbit!"    |
45004       "_ABILITIES_Charisma_NAME_+0"    "Charisma"   |
45005       "_ABILITIES_Charisma_DESCRIPTION_+0"    "Be suave with the opposite-sex :)"   |
45006       "_ABILITIES_Martial_Arts_NAME_+0"    "Martial Arts"   |
45007       "_ABILITIES_Martial_Arts_DESCRIPTION_+0"    "Ki-Ya!"   |
45008       "_ABILITIES_Handicraft_NAME_+0"    "Handicrafts"   |
45009       "_ABILITIES_Handicraft_DESCRIPTION_+0"    "Produce faster than you can sell!."   |
45010       "_ABILITIES_Stealth_NAME_+0"    "Stealth"   |
45011       "_ABILITIES_Stealth_DESCRIPTION_+0"    "Slip into the recesses and shadows."   |
45012       "_ABILITIES_Rhetoric_NAME_+0"    "Rhetoric"   |
45013       "_ABILITIES_Rhetoric_DESCRIPTION_+0"    "To be or not to be... and the craft of eloquence."   |
45014       "_ABILITIES_Empathy_NAME_+0"    "Empathy"   |
45015       "_ABILITIES_Empathy_DESCRIPTION_+0"    "Gain a few levels of Empathy, or discernment."   |
45016       "_ABILITIES_Bargaining_NAME_+0"    "Bargaining"   |
45017       "_ABILITIES_Bargaining_DESCRIPTION_+0"    "Gain a few levels of Bargaining."   |
45018       "_ABILITIES_Arcane_Knowledge_NAME_+0"    "Arcane Knowledge"   |
45019       "_ABILITIES_Arcane_Knowledge_DESCRIPTION_+0"    "Master the objects in your possession."   |
45020       "_ABILITIES_Test_Function_NAME_+0"    "Experimental"   |
45021       "_ABILITIES_Test_Function_DESCRIPTION_+0"  "This may work and may not... & I don't know what it does yet. Probably then a waist of an attribute, but just perhaps?!"  |
45368       "_ABILITIES_LEVEL_3_+0"   "$C[225,214,158]Level 3:$C[255,255,255]"   |
45369       "_ABILITIES_LEVEL_5_+0"   "$C[225,214,158]Level 5:$C[255,255,255]"   |
45370       "_ABILITIES_LEVEL_6_+0"   "$C[225,214,158]Level 6:$C[255,255,255]"   |
45371       "_ABILITIES_LEVEL_8_+0"   "$C[225,214,158]Level 8:$C[255,255,255]"   |
45372       "_ABILITIES_LEVEL_9_+0"   "$C[225,214,158]Level 9:$C[255,255,255]"   |
45373       "_ABILITIES_LEVEL_11_+0"   "$C[225,214,158]Level 11:$C[255,255,255]"   |

-- Slojo

Offline slojo

• Reputation Power:
  • I see awe you see?
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2015, 06:59:48 »
Finally... I wanted to say, if anyone knows where (if it isn't hardcoded) the script/dbt for  -- zodiac signs-- are located, then perhaps we can allow for the -unlimited- gain of Skill Levels (not Character/Ability Levels) in a more natural, or incremental, way.

At the beginning of the game, you can choose, for example Aquarius or Cancer or Gemini... So if you choose Taurus, then you get an extra Skill Level of Rhetoric in a way that doesn't count toward your limit. Normally there is a hard limit of 10 (excluding Ability Bonuses). But with the Zodiac, you can climb higher than 10.

Um, on second thought that might not work... it's probably just an ability bonus in disguise. [On the other hand, it could somehow modify the actual hard-limit of 10?]

However, here's another (even more awesome) thought -- If we could embed Ability Bonuses (and thus Skill Levels) in OBJECTS in game... like, for example, the Shadow-Cloak TEMPORARILY increases your stealth-skill... what if we could somehow make that a PERMANENT modification?  [even once the object is consumed?]

Watch out Hallu Cookies, here I come!!

--Slojo

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2015, 08:11:58 »
Hi!

The most interesting thing about this, at least for me, is the experiment with new abilities
I'd love to see new abilities which are not only boni.

For your questions:
Zodiac boni are simple impacts without runtime.

You can always add boni (via items) that give permanent boni by setting the duration to -1 iirc.

If you do a mod manager version of this, i might take a quick look and others might like that too (easy installation and delete)

Cheers

Offline slojo

• Reputation Power:
  • I see awe you see?
« Reply #5 on: 31 March 2015, 12:21:20 »
Ok, I uploaded the ModLauncher version and included it in the topmost, or first, post above. I didn't really know what I was doing... and so I think I deformed the text.xml file. At any rate, when Applying it in the ModLauncher it triggered a warning dialogue, but I chose to continue rather than quit, and it applied correctly.

Anyone want to shoot me a link to a ModLauncher tutorial that explains the function of the text.xml file?
I found http://www.theguild3.info/showthread.php/6245-HowTo-Merging-two-mods-amp-Install-them-via-ModLauncher but it doesn't help for the problem I have. Hopefully Nekuratu or someone will post/PM some of their informed advice.

Also, Fajeth... as to the experimental ability... from a simple way of looking at it... its trying to see if we can find and revive a VESTIGAL, or once there but then removed, ability called 'DISCOVERER'... or entdecker in german. Here's the original description... "You are a born discoverer, and your sharp eyesight reaches far across the landscape: your visual radius is twice as high as normal."
My guess was that it was but a level-2 ability. At any rate, I think we can cook up some other abilities, that are not skill bonuses, but would be a bonus to something, such as a favor bonus, or armour bonus, etc.

Perhaps you could make a bonus that allows you to use certain, otherwise unusable, items? Clarify further if you wish.

Hope that helps.     -- Slojo
« Last Edit: 31 March 2015, 12:47:58 by slojo »

Offline slojo

• Reputation Power:
  • I see awe you see?
« Reply #6 on: 31 March 2015, 12:31:47 »
Ok, some things to note for those who want to watch for bugs:

Caution 1: Don't set the Dexterity too high, as over 50 there becomes obvious pathfinding bugs.
Caution 2: Bargaining has a potential conflict with Bribe-Logic... guild2ren/scripts/measures/ms_041_BribeCharacter.lua   has within it:

local Skill = GetSkillValue("",BARGAINING)/100
local Choice1 = (0.02 * Money)*(1-Skill*2)
local Choice2 = (0.06 * Money)*(1-Skill*2)
local Choice3 = (0.12 * Money)*(1-Skill*2)

Does this mean that if one had a Bargaining skill over 50-levels high (say 100)... that Bribes will go awry, because now they are getting a negative number, where before they were expecting a positive number?

I was simultaneously (with this Level & Ability MOD) working on a Bribe MOD (to expediate them).. and thought that the two MODs were unrelated... and that my Quick-Bribe MOD was the cause for the anomalous bribe results...  Now I'm not so certain.

One other thing... if when Bribing someone you actually bribe with negative money (ie, you MAKE money on the bribe)... does that mean that the AI will be less likely to agree to the deal, as they are now having to PAY you money to become your friend???

Caution 3: There's probably other potential hazards and conflicts from setting these values to high.

Minor Bug: Though the new ability-levels (3,5,6,8, and 9) correctly apply any abilities you select at those levels... they don't show up in the lower-right pane of the 'Dyanasty' popup/menu.  I'm not sure how to add them there, but it gets so crowded so quickly, I typically ignore that pane anyway.

Also one question while I'm at it... does the AI get access to ability-level talents as well? 
« Last Edit: 31 March 2015, 12:34:33 by slojo »

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #7 on: 31 March 2015, 13:19:36 »
Hi, you find a tutorial for the modlauncher in the launcher itself :)

Bribery: yes, if you have too high skills, this will be bugged - and unbalanced anyway, as for most skill checks which were balanced around max values of 10-15

Offline slojo

• Reputation Power:
  • I see awe you see?
« Reply #8 on: 31 March 2015, 20:41:32 »
if you have too high skills, this will be [...] unbalanced anyway, as for most skill checks which were balanced around max values of 10-15

I mildly disagree with the above numbers. As several posts  (to name a few) mention...
http://www.citybuildergames.com/index.php?topic=469.0;wap2
http://forum.nordicgames.at/threads/173431-The-Bargaining-Trait

As many posts mention... Some of the skills such as stealth and bargaining seem to do very little, while others like rhetoric are all important. That's not to say that my mod achieves a realistic balance... but it does try to show that the skill of stealth CAN actually work at really high levels (or at least that was my experience)... and that maybe we should reconsider what a proper balance to these skill levels are.

Otherwise you wouldn't hear people saying it's a waste of experience to invest in some skill before another [in general (rather than class specific)].

PS - I RE-uploaded a modlauncher version of my mod as the first version didn't properly restore all the original files. Sorry for that, hopefully nobody lost anything [CharLevels.dbt and more importantly text.dbt were not restoring]. I was just learning to use the Mod Launcher... and still don't feel very comfortable with some aspects of it.  Like... um, is the purpose/function of the  text.xml  file just a way of inserting text into the  text.dbt  file without replacing the whole  text.dbt  file?
« Last Edit: 31 March 2015, 20:46:31 by slojo »

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #9 on: 31 March 2015, 21:13:35 »
I think you misunderstood what i tried to say ^^

Yes, bargaining especially was very weak because the sale bonus is kinda random/bugged/ cant be modded.  That is the reason we added some extra features to it. Like a bonus on bribery. This is all new in patch 4.2. But this works with a normal skill like 10-15. Not if you suddenly have 51 points in bargaining. (Then, yes, you actually GET money for bribes ...)
Instead of making these high stats, you should search for files/ measures which use the abilites and raise their impact ... or add whole new impacts. I did that with my modpack and did it in the last patch, we might add even more uses in the next patch, who knows.

All scripts which use talents are balanced around values from 1 to 10/15. If you have a much higher stat you might get unexpected results/ bugs.

For the Modlauncher:

Yes, the text.xml helps to modify the text.dbt. This was done because of localizations (and to keep the file smaller). So you DON'T overwrite the text.dbt, the launcher edits the original file itself.

Any more questions? Did you find the tutorial?

Offline slojo

• Reputation Power:
  • I see awe you see?
« Reply #10 on: 02 April 2015, 03:43:21 »
I have read what you have to say above about XP balance, and also read your helpful comments and the discussion of such over at http://forum.runeforge-games.net/index.php/topic,2122.0.html which I found very detailed.

I think we are speaking from slightly different angles. I agree that raising the XP to high levels will cause bugs... I also agree that your all's design strategy is doing a nice job of EXTENDING the outlets for the various skills to have an effect or impact in.

But I am speaking from the angle that -- from the outset, renaissance already HAS a BUG (with bargaining, with stealth, etc)... and while adding ASSISTING functions (or allowing that skill to manifest in new/extra roles) is well, it doesn't actually/directly address the INHERENT bug or failures of Renaissance...

So I gladly support your efforts to EXTEND the roles the abilities have in the Guild world, and I do agree that raising the XP values to high levels introduces bugs... (so I'm not suggesting it as a ready-made fix)

I wish to show... as with stealth being raised to 500 (and then finally becoming useful)... this ORIGINAL (& persistent) bug CAN be solved -- if not in the most aesthetic or compatible way... at least in some way. And so perhaps there should be more thought on how to correct the broken ORIGINAL INTENDED FUNCTIONS of these skills so they work as they were first designed to.

On the other hand... No matter how high you raise Bargaining skill, it doesn't make AI-managed carts gain bonuses during sales.

And the reason I raised Martial Arts so high was to simply illustrate what fighting COULD be like. Not suggesting it should be like that... but it was kind of fun for me to play around with such figures... just to see the limits of the game. When setting Dexterity to 9999 your sim can run like LIGHTNING!!! but she only runs around in circles!!!
So partly, it was an attempt to show the limits of certain Skill-levels.

So, I do hope some thought is put into considering whether the primary/intended function of stealth can ever be salvaged...
But I also applaud the goal of extending, for example, bargaining into bribe-calculations!
And I do note the need for caution, and for consistency, and for compatability.

However, as to balance... I WONDER... IF the skills actually from the get-go WORKED as first intended... if the game, in regards to SKILLS, would have been balanced -- or no?

PS -- I found the simple ModLauncher tutorial... and as to questions... can I leave out <italian> or <german> if I don't know that... just delete those lines (including the <tags>)? Also, is there an easier way to edit XML files than using notepad (or some text editor)? Like, I know there are WYSIWYG html editors... is something like https://www.oxygenxml.com/ overkill for XML editing? I'm not to fond of 'coding' mark-up languages. Not too pressing of questions, just thought I'd ask.

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #11 on: 02 April 2015, 08:43:13 »
Hi!

I totally agree with you, that fixing the already implemented features would be the best.

As for shadow arts i don't know its behavior, it is probably also hardcoded. What are your observations with this skill?

Bargaining is broken, it is simple and sad as that ... Until we find a solution for broken/ useless skills, adding more utility is the best we can do imo.

Xml: the files are pretty simple, so for myself i didnt see any need to use some special editor ... You can always give it a tr though

Cheers :)

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #12 on: 02 April 2015, 08:45:57 »
Ps: you can just add the english tag and leave out german italian ...

Offline slojo

• Reputation Power:
  • I see awe you see?
« Reply #13 on: 03 April 2015, 07:25:20 »
Observations on Stealth and on Martial Arts.

The highest you can set any skill is 9999... anything greater and it bugs out and resets to 1 (ie, the default). I've never played rogue before except for in passing, and haven't overly enjoyed the slaughtering of 100's of peoples for the sake of Mod-Testing... but after 2 days of it....

My impression is that increasing Stealth to high levels (even 100 seems to help) does decrease the likely-hood you get accused.
With stealth at 5... I typically get accused in the first year or two. With stealth at 5000 it takes about 10 years on average.
Is that true for other players on these forums???  that if you commit say five successive high-level crimes (attacks/burnings/captures/kidnappings/murders) you normally get accused within a year or two?

Things to note:
1) attack someone and leave them alive... if they are not scared out of their wits and seeking to make non-aggressive alliances with you... then it seems that every time they CAN and WILL accuse you. No amount of stealth takes that out of their memory. That's not to say you'll get convicted though.
2) Stealth doesn't help in court???  I'm not sure... it probably does help to lower the evidence that gets submitted to court, so in a way perhaps it does... but again, probably not so much for a personal survivor of an attack.
3) due to not knowing what qualifies as evidence... I couldn't properly test this out. It seems ironic that murdering 10 people gets you less likely to be arrested than battering one person. I tested this WAY more than I wanted to, so sorry for no Conclusive Evidence... but it certainly seems to be working to some degree.
4) I spent many a year in jail... and the Abilities  'Grow Long Beard'  didn't set me free any sooner... nor did Face of Innocence prevent me from going to trial and getting a verdict. But there IS one thing that does seem to work..............
5) Stealth certainly seems to help in making obsolete a 'outlaw' verdict... its no problem to stroll around town afterwards and even create more mischief.  But I'm not sure an 'outlaw' verdict had any force without a high stealth either?
6) Stealth does NOT help in you alluding the mountains of balliffs that can topple onto you at the merest offense.

[I have gone quite a dozen years and killed 100's of balliff's and burned down every burnable building (and crippled every jail/armoury/guild-hall and murdered many civilians and high-office holders... I finally got accused by a measly survivor of an attack.  ---

On martial-arts:

You can attack somebody five times in a row, bringing them within an inch of their digital lives each time... and they still might have a 1/4 of a blue favor bar for you. Deny a bribe twice in a row (even if you are already committed by another bribe to vote for someone else) and they treat you like slime. It's rather ironic and unintuitive.

1) with such high Martial Arts you can attack (not sabotage) a building and have it go red-line with one throw of the torch. It will never go DOWN in one assault though... it always stops your attacks... and makes you click attack again, to make sure you wish to demolish it (versus capture it).
2) This allows the JAIL to go red-line (and not FALL), and then REFUSE any more attacks. Otherwise you could demolish the jail (freeing any prisoners) in ONE THROW. (ok, maybe three, I forget).
3) With martial arts this high, its much more successful to not use armour or weaponry (as it slows down your dexterity)... a fist fighter can take down 20 balliffs (if high enough constitution) eventually... but an axe-man can only take down three. However, two plate-armored axeman can kill 100's of balliffs.
4) If only you could take down the workers huts, you could stop the respawn of balliffs I think... but just wait till Guild2Ren v4.21!

Related:
Bugs: Attacking/Burning building seems buggy... sometimes you can't throw a torch at a building... though it is a torch-able building.
Bugs: During fighting/burning, I often lose the ability to click or use a character... I usually have to enter then exit a building or something before I can click on and focus or use ANY character.
Bugs: Sometimes my character freezes in a crumbling building... like how carts get stuck in path-finding collisions with buildings? I dunno, but I found I can remove that person from my group... then re-group them after they come back 'alive'.

Thanks for the conversation and interest Faljeth...
« Last Edit: 03 April 2015, 07:32:42 by slojo »

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #14 on: 03 April 2015, 10:26:28 »

My impression is that increasing Stealth to high levels (even 100 seems to help) does decrease the likely-hood you get accused.
With stealth at 5... I typically get accused in the first year or two. With stealth at 5000 it takes about 10 years on average.
Is that true for other players on these forums???  that if you commit say five successive high-level crimes (attacks/burnings/captures/kidnappings/murders) you normally get accused within a year or two?

That would be nice, but i fear this could simple be random behavior ... why should they see the crimes with 5000 SA? I always hoped its some kind of percentage-thing ...
Probably not.

Things to note:
1) attack someone and leave them alive... if they are not scared out of their wits and seeking to make non-aggressive alliances with you... then it seems that every time they CAN and WILL accuse you. No amount of stealth takes that out of their memory. That's not to say you'll get convicted though.
This is because you ALWAYS get evidence if someone attacks you etc. But you don't always get an evidence by witnessing such crimes. This is where SA HOPEFULLY comes into play.

2) Stealth doesn't help in court???  I'm not sure... it probably does help to lower the evidence that gets submitted to court, so in a way perhaps it does... but again, probably not so much for a personal survivor of an attack.
In court only rhetoric and empathy (and charisma to some degree) help you.

3) due to not knowing what qualifies as evidence... I couldn't properly test this out. It seems ironic that murdering 10 people gets you less likely to be arrested than battering one person. I tested this WAY more than I wanted to, so sorry for no Conclusive Evidence... but it certainly seems to be working to some degree.
You find the crimes in memoryevent.dbt

4) I spent many a year in jail... and the Abilities  'Grow Long Beard'  didn't set me free any sooner... nor did Face of Innocence prevent me from going to trial and getting a verdict. But there IS one thing that does seem to work..............
Really? Damn I always hoped they work. maybe this needs some in depth testing/ bug search.

5) Stealth certainly seems to help in making obsolete a 'outlaw' verdict... its no problem to stroll around town afterwards and even create more mischief.  But I'm not sure an 'outlaw' verdict had any force without a high stealth either?
The outlaw thing is not related to Shadow Arts afaik. But it IS kinda bugged. We tried to fix this in the next patch, hopefully it does work now.

6) Stealth does NOT help in you alluding the mountains of balliffs that can topple onto you at the merest offense.
True ;)

[I have gone quite a dozen years and killed 100's of balliff's and burned down every burnable building (and crippled every jail/armoury/guild-hall and murdered many civilians and high-office holders... I finally got accused by a measly survivor of an attack.  ---

If you murder everyone, who shall accuse you? :D

On martial-arts:

You can attack somebody five times in a row, bringing them within an inch of their digital lives each time... and they still might have a 1/4 of a blue favor bar for you.

This is strange, because, as you can see in the MemoryEvent.dbt, you should gain -50 favor for an attack.

Deny a bribe twice in a row (even if you are already committed by another bribe to vote for someone else) and they treat you like slime. It's rather ironic and unintuitive.

If this is really the case you are right ...

4) If only you could take down the workers huts, you could stop the respawn of balliffs I think... but just wait till Guild2Ren v4.21!
The game needs the huts, this is why we (=Runeforge) did some effort to protect them from fire etc ;)

Related:
Bugs: Attacking/Burning building seems buggy... sometimes you can't throw a torch at a building... though it is a torch-able building.
Bugs: During fighting/burning, I often lose the ability to click or use a character... I usually have to enter then exit a building or something before I can click on and focus or use ANY character.
Bugs: Sometimes my character freezes in a crumbling building... like how carts get stuck in path-finding collisions with buildings? I dunno, but I found I can remove that person from my group... then re-group them after they come back 'alive'.

The pathfinding and collision in this game is AWEFUL. Unfortunenatly we can not fix this (it's mainly the whole outdated engine), only some slight map changes (if the crappy map editor doesn't prevent us from doing it) ...

Thanks for the conversation and interest Faljeth...

You are welcome, I like your input, too ;)

Btw: it's Fajeth, without the "l" :D