Shoutbox

Author Topic: [REL] Levels & Abilities MOD  (Read 7794 times)

Offline slojo

• Reputation Power:
  • I see awe you see?
Re: [REL] Levels & Abilities MOD
« Reply #15 on: 04 April 2015, 23:18:10 »
That would be nice, but i fear this could simple be random behavior ... why should they see the crimes with 5000 SA?
As I said, I can't say conclusively, but I think the reason I was accused (even though I had 5000 Stealth/SA, was because I did something that stealth had no effect on.

This is because you ALWAYS get evidence if someone attacks you etc. But you don't always get an evidence by witnessing such crimes. This is where SA HOPEFULLY comes into play.
Case in point... So 5000 Stealth/SA has NO effect on the above, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have an effect elsewhere. 

I always hoped ['Grow Long Beard' and 'Face of Innocence'] work. maybe this needs some in depth testing/ bug search.

Any Rogue forum user's want to throw in some personal experience?

The outlaw thing is not related to Shadow Arts afaik. But it IS kinda bugged. We tried to fix this in the next patch, hopefully it does work now.
Great, though it would be kinda cool if Shadow-Arts WERE related to the outlaw thing.

If you murder everyone, who shall accuse you? :D
I thought of that... so I murdered people right in front of guards, I murdered the spouses of high-office holders, but left the politicians alive. I even fought the guards, but Teleported (using iCheat by xPressive Dan) away... so they were still alive and not killed... but they never accused me either for a murder. Again, I'm not saying that Shadow Arts of 5000 does do anything at all, but I think some Rogue forum user might want to step up to the plate and do some more testing for us???

>>You can attack somebody five times in a row, bringing them within an inch of their digital lives each time... and they still might
>>have a 1/4 of a blue favor bar for you.
This is strange, because, as you can see in the MemoryEvent.dbt, you should gain -50 favor for an attack.
I think I see a more general feature/bug in terms of favor... You can bribe somebody a couple of times, but after that... generally they still accept your money, and the floating numbers show a favor increase... but there is NO favor increase on the blue-bar. [On the other hand, bribes always seem to work well on politicians] I think there might be some kind of mathematical curve hard-coded (or such) that determines how effective at altering favor a bribe or attack or a compliment is... and -50 for an attack is just the default, but is altered by that mathematical curve? Just a guess... but it's pretty easy to test and see that you can bribe some unemployed serf 10 times in a row, but their favour never increases beyond a certain point for you (via the blue-bar -- even after refreshing).

>>Deny a bribe twice in a row (even if you are already committed by another bribe to vote for someone else) and they treat you
>>like slime. It's rather ironic and unintuitive. [that a bribe can be more detrimental to the blue favour bar more than 'attack'.]
If this is really the case you are right ...
Fajeth, do you know how much points a person has on their favour bar? Does everyone have the same number of points (ie, is it universal), or is it rather like Health-Points', and the higher experience level (or level of office or title) you have, the greater number of points exist on your favour bar? Is there a way to find out 'in-game' how much favour points a character has?

Btw: it's Fajeth, without the "l" :D
Correction noted... and I like the name -- to me it almost sounds Arabic.

Offline slojo

• Reputation Power:
  • I see awe you see?
« Reply #16 on: 04 April 2015, 23:30:51 »
As to 'Long Beard Growth' working...

Code: [Select]
//Jail-Breaker (Strong Hair Growth?)         --  Scroll to RIGHT to view the (parenthetical list) --------->>>>
11           "Ausbrecher"                    4                  0               5                    1                  19               0                0                 1                0                               (0         50      ) |

Here's the code for 'Strong Hair Growth'... it is supposed to give you a 50% chance of being released.

As you can see this seems a bit strange, for it seems like the '50' [in the parenthetical list at the end]  should be on the left... but as 50 just so happens to be the ID number for the list... maybe the initial coders got confused... or maybe the above is correct, and '0' somehow equates to '50%' chance of getting released. I thought I'd ask your opinion before I go testing this out (by sitting around rotting in jail for 10 years to see how modding the above influences things).

'Face of Innocence' seems to look Ok, but I am almost certain it didn't work for me. It should be easier to check/test though.

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #17 on: 05 April 2015, 11:01:37 »
Do you know the Script Documentation?

It's stated there, that favor reaches from 0 to 100 :)

As for the Long Beard thing i'm sorry, i don't know how that works/ is supposed to work ... Maybe if you find the right script (in the measures-folder i guess) you could look it up.

Offline slojo

• Reputation Power:
  • I see awe you see?
« Reply #18 on: 09 April 2015, 08:45:03 »
Yes, Script-Doku is very helpful - http://www.runeforge-games.net/downloads/ScriptDocumentation_latest.html#SimGetFavourableCourtingAction

There is no measure (pretty extensive file-content search through the Renaissance Folders) that points to 'Strong Hair Growth' or 'Ausbrecher' or even 'abilities - ID 11' that I could find (other than abilities.dbt and text.dbt).

I changed the parenthetical values from (0   50)  to  (100   50)... and still couldn't see an obvious effect at midnight... however I was released in exactly 24 hours though... so maybe it works with the new value? [Sorry I have no idea how long I was actually sentenced for, and it too forever to get sentenced to dungeon (what with the pillory or title-loss or execution or 'not-guilty')... I'll leave it at that setting for a while and if I notice anything in the future I will update with a status-report (and possible bug-fix (if indeed there is a bug)).

Now for a fun question... do you think we could modify the blue-favor-bar to contain more than 100 points?

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #19 on: 13 April 2015, 09:38:48 »
hi, i just learned you can test the prison thing via CityAddPenalty("City","Sim",PENALTY_PRISON, HoursInPrison )

you might wanna try it? :)

Offline slojo

• Reputation Power:
  • I see awe you see?
« Reply #20 on: 13 April 2015, 14:44:32 »
Awesome :)
That'll save many hours of test-time. I hadn't thought of anything like that. Perhaps I can just add something like this to a consumable item... and then be thrown in jail? I should be able to figure it it out. I'll be glad to play around with it as soon a I can manage :)
Thanks
« Last Edit: 13 April 2015, 14:46:04 by slojo »

Offline kimimaro15

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #21 on: 13 August 2016, 20:07:35 »
Can you update the links please

Offline vuechangz

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #22 on: 23 May 2017, 09:43:02 »
This is interesting and the links are gone... i wanted to compare mine