Shoutbox

Author Topic: Changes in script files are ignored  (Read 675 times)

Offline KubaF

• Reputation Power:
Changes in script files are ignored
« on: 18 December 2015, 17:06:04 »
Hi i corrected a bug in a script file, but it did not work on a loaded game.
Then i tried changing the second-last line in Scripts\Measures\ms_ShowCityLaws.lua (just to see if it works) from
Code: [Select]
"@L_GENERAL_MEASURES_SHOW_CITYLAWS_+1",GetID("city"),tax,tithe,sol)to
Code: [Select]
"@L_GENERAL_MEASURES_SHOW_CITYLAWS_+1",GetID("city"),100,100,sol)but didnt see 100% tax or tithe in a new game.

What do i need to do so the game uses the edited scripts?
First i thought that they are just exported scripts for viewing only, or that there should be an Override older like in Elder Scrolls games.. but it seems you guys just edit the scripts.. Maybe i need to use the mod manager to reset changes and it will reload the script fiels?

Maybe my question has the same solution as this one: http://forum.runeforge-games.net/index.php/topic,3081.0.html?
« Last Edit: 18 December 2015, 17:07:41 by KubaF »

Offline KubaF

• Reputation Power:
Re: Changes in script files are ignored
« Reply #1 on: 19 December 2015, 11:10:02 »
Nevermind probably some random Guild script behavior again. Commented some lines in Scripts\Hud\CharacterCreationHud.lua and it worked, so as the mentioned question says i just need to start a new game.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
Re: Changes in script files are ignored
« Reply #2 on: 19 December 2015, 16:57:21 »
Nevermind probably some random Guild script behavior again. Commented some lines in Scripts\Hud\CharacterCreationHud.lua and it worked, so as the mentioned question says i just need to start a new game.
Yep! Just start a new game and you're good!

quarterly