Shoutbox

Author Topic: [REL][Ported-4.211] Legacy ModPack Install Thread  (Read 419002 times)

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
[REL][Ported-4.211] Legacy ModPack Install Thread
« on: 21 July 2013, 04:09:15 »
Languages supported: English, German, Spanish & French

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Legacy Mod Has Moved To A New Home Base
Please click on "Install Thread" link at the top of the page to be redirected to the new download site
If you would like to know the reasons behind the move please click HERE

Thanks guys! I will still be active on this site but the download links have all moved to one central location where hopefully we can iron out the bugs & develop a decent MP community :)
« Last Edit: 07 February 2016, 01:13:46 by McCoy! »

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
Re: [REL][Beta] Legacy ModPack (Three Versions)
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2013, 15:03:09 »
Congratulations McCoy!  You have worked incredibly hard on this.  I'll be playing a lot and reporting back with my findings.

Offline SauronSLO

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2013, 18:20:31 »
I have installed Legacy ModPack + MapPack + Fajeth MegaModPack. I started new game on map Castrum Novaesioum.

There are few things I notice.

- I had some troubles to find where you put the new list of Unemployed Workers, but I find it. But I'm really missing the list of Unemployed Workers sorted by age. This was in Fajeth MegaModPack but it is not here anymore.

- I notice that some buildings, like workers houses and market buildings have purchase button. This button was removed in Fajeth MegaModPack v0.31 Hotfix, so I presume you used v0.3 in this mod pack?

- Don't know how describe this, that Pluses (+), which skill is modified, next to character avatar on top left corner, now have German descriptions. When I was using Fajeth MegaModPack 0.31 HotFix this text was translated to English.
Family members which are not under my direct control have some control options, like run, follow, bribe someone or attack. But those text is also not translated to English anymore.

Offline Kingoneal3

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2013, 19:04:28 »
I have installed Legacy ModPack + MapPack + Fajeth MegaModPack. I started new game on map Castrum Novaesioum.

There are few things I notice.

- I had some troubles to find where you put the new list of Unemployed Workers, but I find it. But I'm really missing the list of Unemployed Workers sorted by age. This was in Fajeth MegaModPack but it is not here anymore.

- I notice that some buildings, like workers houses and market buildings have purchase button. This button was removed in Fajeth MegaModPack v0.31 Hotfix, so I presume you used v0.3 in this mod pack?

- Don't know how describe this, that Pluses (+), which skill is modified, next to character avatar on top left corner, now have German descriptions. When I was using Fajeth MegaModPack 0.31 HotFix this text was translated to English.
Family members which are not under my direct control have some control options, like run, follow, bribe someone or attack. But those text is also not translated to English anymore.

I also see these. Minor problems to me, I would be ok if you did not fix them.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2013, 19:07:51 »
^^Really? :P
I might not be able to apply a hotfix for this...Will have to re-do the whole installer :(
Also his list was just an oversight. It was supposed to be in there...I have the framework for it all setup just the lua file is missing :P

Thanks again....I added your name to the credits. You have been the most active in identifying real bugs so far. Last modpack I had -Patron- this time its you (Sauron) :)

Offline GeorgiaBoy

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #5 on: 21 July 2013, 20:11:05 »
Fixed text.dbt in Legacy mod with mappack and Fajeth's mod (VERY minor fix in map selection screen):

Code: [Select]
20348   "_NETWORK_MAP_NAME_bingenheim_+0"   "Shire of Bingenheim"   "Shire of Bingenheim"|
20349   "_NETWORK_MAP_DESC_bingenheim_+0"   "The shire of Bingenheim is famed as a powerful trading city and pursues a brisk trade relation with its neighboring shires. The shire contains three cities and two Overseas Trade Offices."   "The shire of Bingenheim is famed as a powerful trading city and pursues a brisk trade relation with its neighboring shires. The shire contains three cities and two Overseas Trade Offices."   |

Corrected Map Name error above.
Changed 'Council of Cardinals' to College of Cardinals'.
Changed 'Papal Advisor' to 'Papal Chamberlin'
Shortened the first and last names of people and titles so they do not crowd the politics/offices display.
Replaced the Kingdom of Italy with the Republic of Venice.
Corrected the titles added by the politik mod to display their English translation. Tried to increase legibility.
Changed the office of 'Sovereign' to 'Lord Mayor' (change it back McCoy!)
Various grammar corrections.
Changes the 'Schoolmaster' to 'Spy'
Changed language display from German to English for the ability (rhetoric, charisma, etc) modification (the + sign) next to the portrait on the main screen.
[WIP] Attempting to track down fr0st's _SCENARIO_LORD_ text errors.

Please back up your text.dbt file...your mileage may vary.

« Last Edit: 22 July 2013, 04:50:23 by GeorgiaBoy »

Offline Kingoneal3

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2013, 20:53:08 »
Some of the Bugs I've noticed: (Singleplayer)
-The map Bingenheim (not sure of its real name) is named _NETWORK_MAP_NAME_bingenheim. Its description is also _NETWORK_MAP_DESC_bingenheim

-I crash to my desktop (the game closes and nothing pops up saying it crashed) when playing on The Archduke of Tirol. Has happened twice so far, but only when i pulled up the detailed list and tried to court someone that was a lot higher title rank than my own.
    -It just now crashed when i went to hug the person i was courting.

-When i went to use Talk to someone, i got the whole "i hate your face dont talk to me" reaction text above their head but is was in German i do believe.
    -I also noticed alot of, if not all,text bubbles are in German

Ill keep looking after lunch.

^Just saw the post you put up, ill check if anything changed in a lil
« Last Edit: 21 July 2013, 20:55:09 by Kingoneal3 »

Offline GeorgiaBoy

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #7 on: 21 July 2013, 21:02:50 »
Some of the Bugs I've noticed: (Singleplayer)
-The map Bingenheim (not sure of its real name) is named _NETWORK_MAP_NAME_bingenheim. Its description is also _NETWORK_MAP_DESC_bingenheim

Try the text.dbt file I uploaded...
« Last Edit: 22 July 2013, 04:33:12 by GeorgiaBoy »

Offline Atrox

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #8 on: 21 July 2013, 22:31:51 »
Thanks for crediting me, glad things have finally came together! Apologies about not contributing much but I'm a complete noob when it comes to scripting. Once I get my pay, I'll give you a contribution as a thank you as this is something I have been waiting for to make the game a lot more diverse!

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #9 on: 22 July 2013, 04:46:39 »
Couple of things I've found so far:

The village Mayor is supposed to be elected by mediator and bailiff but in my game they don't vote; it's always determined by draw.

A colored dynasty person is an outlaw but she seems to be walking around town without provoking anything from the guards.  I've tested this with my character becoming an outlaw and know they attack me, so maybe something is turned off for the AI that needs to be turned on?  http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577869232829071946/FE5F1551760982BF551825878CB32032DE3BC4C8/

A colored dynasty person got stuck outside the town hall and is perpetually "attending a trial."  I think this might have something to do with people not being able to enter the main lobby during trials and elections now. http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577869232827145972/0A6459CF57EE5C90E49377D44D809F7AE873CF62/

Last thing I've observed that seems bug-ish: I'm playing the map with the four cities (one of which is Cologne).  I'm playing in Cologne and it's still the lowest level city but all of the others have progressed.  Not sure why this would be the case - Cologne's population is at least as high as some of the other cities.

Not a bug, but just an observation: XP gain from training might be a little fast.  I would say cut it in half.  I'm gaining more than a level per year easily with just training.

Otherwise nothing major yet apart from what other people have reported about the German text. 
« Last Edit: 22 July 2013, 05:10:44 by General Chaos »

Offline GeorgiaBoy

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #10 on: 22 July 2013, 07:16:05 »
Found this during election (Fajeth/Legacy Combo)--see attachment

Several buttons are in German--what is 'Laufen' (AI helper)? Suspect this is a Fajeth bug. Also, during lelctions, there are so many folks in the room, that some are not displayed...

Also, in 1412, most important people on the list have the Marquis title already (I has Count, but cheated with 1000000 gold for player only).

GB
« Last Edit: 22 July 2013, 07:23:40 by GeorgiaBoy »

Offline SauronSLO

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #11 on: 22 July 2013, 12:11:12 »
Last thing I've observed that seems bug-ish: I'm playing the map with the four cities (one of which is Cologne).  I'm playing in Cologne and it's still the lowest level city but all of the others have progressed.  Not sure why this would be the case - Cologne's population is at least as high as some of the other cities.
I notice similar problem on the same map. I'm playing in Leverkusen. In may case the Novaesium town was upgraded to level 2 at 1400 at 22:00 O'clock. And just 2 hours later at midnight it was already upgraded to level 3. Other towns was still at level 1. It looks like population in some towns rising too fast.

Several buttons are in German--what is 'Laufen' (AI helper)? Suspect this is a Fajeth bug. Also, during lelctions, there are so many folks in the room, that some are not displayed...
'Laufen' was 'Run' in Fajeth Mod. You could order family member which was not under your control to run somewhere. It was translated in Fajeth Mod, at least in 0.31 HotFix, but I think it was ok in v0.3 too.
« Last Edit: 22 July 2013, 12:13:03 by SauronSLO »

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #12 on: 23 July 2013, 00:11:04 »
After further observation, Cologne did upgrade, but much later than the other cities, so perhaps it is as Sauron has suggested: some towns are upgrading TOO quickly. 

I can also confirm (in my current game at least) what YORI and GeorgiaBoy have observed; very few people are applying for offices, particularly after about 10-15 in game years (on 1 year/turn).  My guess is that this either has something to do with the restructured political offices or for some reason once an AI reaches a certain title they are extremely unlikely to apply for a low office (it's the lower offices that need to be filled to get things going).  I think the politics mod fixed this but McCoy, I believe you said it is really buggy.  In any case, that seems to be the big issue I'm seeing currently.  Fix that and everything else will be small by comparison.

Here's a screenshot of the political landscape about 20 years in.  All other cities look similar.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577869710520887924/046C0BC90794472C22BE3379D3D3F99128E5D37B/

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #13 on: 23 July 2013, 01:16:15 »
Someone play a legacy mod pack only game...and see if the results are the same....i left a game running for like 50yrs and the political offices were fine...

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #14 on: 23 July 2013, 01:43:19 »
Sure; I'll give it a try - same map, same everything. 

quarterly