Shoutbox

Author Topic: [REL][Ported-4.211] Legacy ModPack Install Thread  (Read 440630 times)

Offline GeorgiaBoy

• Reputation Power:
Re: [REL][Beta] Legacy ModPack (Three Versions)
« Reply #15 on: 23 July 2013, 02:01:48 »
Someone play a legacy mod pack only game...and see if the results are the same....i left a game running for like 50yrs and the political offices were fine...

Scraped up a DVD-ROM drive for my Ultrabook...reinstalling (the only discs I brought with me)...

Edit: Is this a bug? The action bar with the various buttons popped up during the election (which I lost). Update: It is a 0.7 Politik mod bug.

Edit2: My male 'toon' was away at war, but was elected at Bailiff anyway, even though he did not attend the council meeting. Bug?

Edit3: Can there be a limit as to the amount of money a dynasty can invest in a war? It is a pushover if you have unlimited funds...
« Last Edit: 23 July 2013, 07:05:46 by GeorgiaBoy »

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #16 on: 23 July 2013, 05:02:27 »
Just ran the same map and city up to 1418 with just the legacy mod and here are the results:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577869710527260523/ABCC32699D6D7B9BB399FC531B69FA90A3E6197F/

Up to that point people were fairly consistently applying, so I think it's definitely running better.  A couple of other things I noticed when running legacy without fajeth's and map pack were that the options screen wasn't bugged (originally I had to reload to get drop down menus on graphics options) and some market items are in different categories (e.g. honey in food instead of resources).  Generally speaking, as you said McCoy!, far fewer bugs.

Offline GeorgiaBoy

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #17 on: 23 July 2013, 05:18:23 »
Just ran the same map and city up to 1418 with just the legacy mod and here are the results:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577869710527260523/ABCC32699D6D7B9BB399FC531B69FA90A3E6197F/

Up to that point people were fairly consistently applying, so I think it's definitely running better.  A couple of other things I noticed when running legacy without fajeth's and map pack were that the options screen wasn't bugged (originally I had to reload to get drop down menus on graphics options) and some market items are in different categories (e.g. honey in food instead of resources).  Generally speaking, as you said McCoy!, far fewer bugs.

Concur. Much smoother, McCoy! I thought about adding the Politik Mod, but we'll see...

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
« Reply #18 on: 23 July 2013, 07:20:45 »
^^the bugs are fairly simple to fix...I think :P
I just used outdated files somehow :P

I haven't been back to my laptop in two days. Am staying with some different family and visiting a cousin I hadn't seen in two years. Good times :)

^^probably in a couple days I'll head back to where my laptop is and see if the newer files help.
Sorry for the delay...this all unexpected :P

Offline Devilize

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #19 on: 23 July 2013, 07:30:15 »
Tested third version tonight couple bugs I found on Hansa Map

1. 9999 Lavender fills up the market to the point where I'm unable to sell my own items as the market is capped out.

2. After enabling the AI helper I married a Dynasty person, my house was then occupied by a child of whom I think was from the woman I married's dynasty. Though it was just in appearance as the child was not on my family tree and did not seem to ask for schooling and the such.

3. From what was previously said, I too, received a weird bar when using the chat icon and too during voting and trials.

All that stood out for now.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #20 on: 23 July 2013, 13:55:04 »
^^Apparently I put all outdated fajeth files in my mod pack :P
Won't really get a good gauge of that one until I update all those files

However those 9999 item bugs are from fajeth's mod pack and not mine. I haven't got a clue what they are or why they happen. So I doubt they'll get fixed.

Has anyone noticed the AI doing things yet? I did not get a chance to test this out...its all theory :D

I messed up fajeth's mod pack so let's not worry about it until I fix it
What I do need is the log files from the Legacy mod pack so I can browse for errors associated with my files :)

Thanks guys!!!

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #21 on: 23 July 2013, 15:36:25 »
Hey McCoy!,

I've attached a log file from my last play session (legacy only, about 20 years in).  Does it just save the log file from the last session?  This is the only one I could find.

Anyway, would it just screw things up to install the politik mod on top of the legacy mod?  That's the main thing in Fajeths that I think is important. 

As for the AI using different measures, I have seen them do quite a bit and have discovered a nice way of tracking this: just pull up the important persons screen, open everything and you can watch all of their icons as they trigger measures.  Is there anything specific you want me to look for?

Whoa, ok, I just ran into a major problem.  Three of the cities' town halls are stuck in a meeting with no one actually there, thus completely jamming up the political systems: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577869710539821132/D7FBEC4B51039C60D621BDF7122B7CD2D1E9D67B/

I've attached a second log file for when this happened (not sure if it will help at all).

Thanks for your continuing efforts!
« Last Edit: 23 July 2013, 16:06:26 by General Chaos »

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #22 on: 23 July 2013, 16:16:08 »
Is that mine? Or fajeth? I've never seen that bar in office sessions in my version :P

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #23 on: 23 July 2013, 16:23:36 »
That's just your legacy mod, nothing else installed except 4.17b.  It shows up in all political sessions...

Offline Devilize

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #24 on: 23 July 2013, 16:46:33 »
Quote from McCoy "if I can't fix it I could create a temporary solution.
There is a simple code that can remove all those items if that happens.

It's not a cheat because it would effectively just make the items disappear.
^^worst case scenario...but as I said a work around is feasible

Wheat does this too in fajeth mod. any other items?"

only read of another getting the wheat. Is fajeth active still?

Offline dukthepope

• Betatester
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #25 on: 23 July 2013, 16:50:52 »
I had that bar sometimes with native Renaissance (no mod)
though everythings went normally.
So perhaps there is somthings in the native code, I guess.

Offline Atrox

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #26 on: 23 July 2013, 17:10:44 »
I had a good 6 hour game this morning and it's brilliant. The only thing I did notice (I even tried to reinstall to fix to no avail) is that for some reason my games crash if I try and load a game when the AI helper has been enabled? If I cancel it and save, the game works fine.

Good job! I'm using the plain legacy with a clean install

Offline Devilize

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #27 on: 23 July 2013, 17:35:55 »
Are other people not getting the 9999 item bug in the market. if not does 'map' have a factor to play? what are you settings if you do not get this issue. I would think that this would be a major talking point as it cripples the game - no space in the market error means no good sell thus economy = busted.

If this isn't a big deal for people may I know why?

Offline SauronSLO

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #28 on: 23 July 2013, 17:56:25 »
Yesterday when I was playing with Legacy ModPack + MapPack + Fajeth MegaModPack I notice that prices are different then when I was playing with only Fajeth mod pack. I was playing as scholar and production price of the Hosts was higher then base, and 5 Hosts was produced. I didn't mention this yesterday because I thought this is a change for harder game. But today I tried with only Legacy ModPack and the production price of the Hosts is lower then base and 10 Hosts are produced.
So I presume there is something wrong with prices in Legacy ModPack + MapPack + Fajeth MegaModPack.

Otherwise some of the towns are still upgraded too fast. Today Leverkusen was upgraded to level 2 and level 3 just in 4 hours. But with the difference that this happen in third turn at 1412. I have only Legacy ModPack installed.

Are other people not getting the 9999 item bug in the market. if not does 'map' have a factor to play? what are you settings if you do not get this issue. I would think that this would be a major talking point as it cripples the game - no space in the market error means no good sell thus economy = busted.

If this isn't a big deal for people may I know why?
Occasionally this happened to me when I was playing with Fajeth MegaModPack. The most of the time this happened at game start, 2:00 o'clock or sometimes at 5:00 o'clock. So after those hours I check markets if everything is OK and then I save the game. If 9999 item appear I loaded saved game which was saved before those hours and usually it was ok then, but I was checking this every turn.
Now that I'm playing with only Legacy ModPack I didn't notice this bug, but I'm not playing long jet.
« Last Edit: 23 July 2013, 17:59:37 by SauronSLO »

Offline Atrox

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #29 on: 23 July 2013, 19:33:16 »
Loving the Punish Subject measure. It's greatness although I'm a bit of a cheat as I changed the recharge to 0 so I can abuse my power muahahahah

quarterly