Shoutbox

Author Topic: [REL][Ported-4.211] Legacy ModPack Install Thread  (Read 421499 times)

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
Re: [REL][Beta] Legacy ModPack (Three Versions)
« Reply #30 on: 23 July 2013, 19:46:34 »
@Chaos...kill me. I have no idea what could have caused that :P

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #31 on: 23 July 2013, 19:57:33 »
Fixing the city leveling is easy...also it's dependent on how rich the AI are. Some towns may get multiple rich Sims and they will hire a crap ton of employees...I will try to balance this the quickness but some may not develop until a player starts taking over the city...

Also I know where I might fix this office issue and not loading save game issue.

Fajeth's files are all messed up. Apparently I loaded an old version by accident. No point reporting any bugs until I attempt to fix it...

Just play legacy for now and report me some bugs in that version...and post logfiles

And GeneralChaos everytime you start a new game the log file resets

Offline GeorgiaBoy

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #32 on: 24 July 2013, 03:35:59 »
Logfile...was in my virtualstore directory...

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #33 on: 24 July 2013, 04:46:03 »
Who knew?  :o I own a disc copy  ;D

Offline Plenty

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #34 on: 24 July 2013, 16:51:00 »
Hey McCoy, nice mod, but I found one bug, save games dont work but auto save works fine, I think someone earlier reported this. Cheers and keep up the good work! ;)

EDIT: Ok I lied, autosave didnt work too, btw its 100% Legacy mod. Added the log file.
« Last Edit: 24 July 2013, 16:56:18 by Plenty »

Offline SauronSLO

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #35 on: 24 July 2013, 18:08:15 »
I was continue playing with Legacy ModPack only and some weird bug happened today for the first time ever.

I didn't  pay attention on what buildings are built in the town and then I saw that 7+ Smuggler's Holes were built in Leverkusen and more are building. I looked to other towns and saw that 7+ Weaving Mills were built in Cologne and 10+ Public Houses in Dusseldorf. Novaesium looks ok. All of those buildings are available to buy. Novaesium is ok because the town was not upgraded. Other 3 towns were upgraded from 22:00 o'clock to 1:00 o'clock and it looks like this bug happened in all 3 upgraded towns.
When I loaded saved game, which was saved before towns were upgraded and go fast forward, this bug didn't happened again, everything looks ok.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this log file was started about 20:00 o'clock in 1412, before the bug, and ends when I notice that multiple buildings are builded in towns at 6:30 o'clock in 1416. I quit the game and made the copy of log file before I loaded older saved game. But again, I'm almost sure, but not 100% sure that it was started before the bug happened.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #36 on: 24 July 2013, 22:00:11 »
@Sauron...upload your dxdiag.txt

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #37 on: 24 July 2013, 22:37:37 »
Are the AI doing anything guys?
Are you noticing them being smarter in any way?
There are no errors in any of my scripts, which is good but I could have made other errors :P

Could someone kinda play see what happens...you should be able to watch the king, emperor and pope. They should be using their measures every turn (ones I added)
If someone would do this I would be grateful :)
« Last Edit: 24 July 2013, 22:43:38 by McCoy! »

Offline SauronSLO

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #38 on: 24 July 2013, 22:52:05 »
Here is my DxDiag.txt.

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #39 on: 24 July 2013, 23:14:17 »
McCoy,

I have seen crusades called for sure, and have also seen people banished.  I think those are emperor/pope measures.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #40 on: 24 July 2013, 23:39:55 »
Those were always called

Emperor punish and emperor guard and force marriage and the whole list on the features page...all the new ones and the ones I said I fixed

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #41 on: 25 July 2013, 04:42:59 »
Someone mentioned (Maybe in the shoutbox) that they received TWO hidden taxes in a year. The amount of hidden taxes depends on how many family members you have living in that city. Each family member can work so each is taxed

^^The amount taxed can be reduced significantly. You can have millions of dollars and get taxed almost nothing EVEN with 30+ dynasty members

You can hide your money in a steel box when you purchase one of the higher level residences...this keeps the bulk of your assets sheltered from the majority of the taxes ;)
I added new features and now there are very good reasons to start using the features already in the game....

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #42 on: 25 July 2013, 06:31:34 »
@Sauron...not sure what that buffer issue is...I couldn't find anything in your dxdiag that would suggest problems.
The only thing I would check is that you have your memory installed in an optimal pattern for your specific motherboard
for example my motherboard prefers memory to be installed in groups of three in specific slots (every other slot) therefore my memory total would NEVER equal 4gb (mine would be 3gb, 6gb, 9gb, 12gb...ect). I am not saying that yours is incorrect, I'd just double check your motherboard manual and make sure :)

I created logmessages to see if the AI were using my new measures and the only one they were using was Council of Cardinals :P
^^I have made adjustments and hope they will now work. I am actually a little confused as to why they werent working before...especially because there were no script errors...oh well

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #43 on: 25 July 2013, 07:04:44 »
figured it out...but am having a WTF moment...
Apparently if the AI doesn't like an animal they're gonna burn it

[Script] Executing Measure Measures/Mods/AccuseWitch.lua on Dog
[Script] Log Message: AccuseWitch496561
[Script] Executing Measure Measures/Mods/AccuseWitch.lua on Cat

^Bahahahahaha

I wish I was paying attention as I would have loved to see the priest yelling at the animal accusing it of being a witch, then arresting it and finally burning it :D
Too funny...

^^No worries I have found the fix for this already...

Offline SauronSLO

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #44 on: 25 July 2013, 10:41:34 »
@Sauron...not sure what that buffer issue is...I couldn't find anything in your dxdiag that would suggest problems.
The only thing I would check is that you have your memory installed in an optimal pattern for your specific motherboard
for example my motherboard prefers memory to be installed in groups of three in specific slots (every other slot) therefore my memory total would NEVER equal 4gb (mine would be 3gb, 6gb, 9gb, 12gb...ect). I am not saying that yours is incorrect, I'd just double check your motherboard manual and make sure :)
I'm a little confused. I have 2x2GB of memory and I put them in slots with the same colors,  so everything should be ok and I never had problems with memory. But what confuses me is, how is bug that I reported with multiple buildings related to memory? Or you mixed my post with someone else?
Otherwise, this bug only happened once. When I loaded older saved games before bug happened I was trying to do the same things as I did before and the bug didn't happen again.

quarterly