Shoutbox

Author Topic: Patch progress (beta patches included)  (Read 148369 times)

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
Patch progress (beta patches included)
« on: 26 March 2011, 12:33:27 »
In this thread I will write all fixed bugs and their stability status for patch 4.2. On our way to 4.2 we will release some beta patches where we can test if a added or changed feature works as intended or has side-effects or is still broken.

Warning: All patches released in this thread are beta. They are not savegame compatible and not multiplayer compatible to other versions of the game.

The latest version of the patch is 4.17b:
http://downloads.runeforge-games.net/TG2_Patch_415_to_417b_ML.exe

Please extract the content of the archive right into your game directory, overwriting all content. It will disable all installed mods, please don't use any mods if you want to test this patch. The patch works with the Steam-version of the game, but it will disable the Steam support (which means the game will run completely independend of Steam after the patch has been applied).
Base of this version is a clean installation of version 4.15
You can download patch 4.15 (DE/EN version) here.
Please read here if you want to install the italian, french or spanish version of the patch.

We also implemented a newsletter to keep you informed about patches. You can subscribe here, if you want to.

Patch 4.17b - released on 16.01.2011
- Changed AI-money saving behaviour. This has a massive influence on gaming and difficulty! tested + working
- Fixed a bug that caused the AI to not buy any title higher than Citizen tested + partly working
- Fixed the OoS occuring in different situations like taking a bath tested + working
- AI aggression level slightly increased tested + working, could be a bit better
- Chances for plague increased slightly on higher difficulty level tested + working, could bee a bit better
- Languages French, Italian and Spanish added tested + working
Important: Please read here, how to use the new languages

Changelog and download links of older versions:

Patch 4.165b - released on 22.11.2010
- Slightly changed moneylending system tested + working
- Changed AI behaviour: AI should try to save money for specific goals tested, almost finished
- Fixed a bug with the new YPR-modes in startmenu untested
- Changed the market behaviour tested + working
- Bugfix for political actions in MP tested + working
- Bugfix for changing building names in MP tested + working
- Raw material deliveries fixed untested

Patch 4.164b - released on 26.10.2010
- Changing building names is now possible works, but names may not be changed in MP for the other player
- It's now possible to choose 1, 2, 3 or 4 years per round. The setting will also be saved when you restart the game. Works, but there's a problem after restarting a game
- Fixed the bug with the additional stock slots at the crypt and the bankhouse tested + working

Patch 4.163b - released on 15.10.2010
- AI now buys windmills and orchards on all maps untested
- Fixed the missing icon when demanding ransoms untested
- Added the one-year-per-round-option for MP also tested + working

Patch 4.162b - released on 25.09.2010
- Sick people don't visit hospitals that can't cure their illness because the building level is too low anymore tested + working
- AI patients leave the hospital after not being treated for 3 hours tested, but some of them come back too early
- AI patients sit down if a place on a bank gets free tested + working
- Reworked the medicus script a bit more tested, needs a bit more work
- Cutscenes for trials and office-sessions now start automatically if the camera is in the room tested + working
- AI Characters are no longer beamed into the townhall if they don't manage to attend a trial in time tested + working
- New measure for listing all buildings for sale added to the townhall tested + working

Patch 4.161b - released on 12.09.2010
 - Medicus AI reacts on amount of sick people and produces the needed medicine tested + working
 - Chances for plague decreased again in early game tested + working
 - Fixed the fame exploit when buying a nobility title tested + working
 - Allied worker don't join fights anymore tested + working
 - Sermons bring XP now tested + working

Patch 4.16b - released on 06.09.2010
 - Combs/Wooden pins/Fittings problem solved tested + working
 - Combs can be produced in the high-level joinery tested + working
 - Mill doesn't stop production when resources are low tested + working
 - Mushrooms are also available in Vienna now tested + working
 - Stonelilies are also available in Transylvania now tested + working
« Last Edit: 13 May 2011, 12:25:18 by FH »

Offline coinlord

• Betatester
  • Reputation Power:
Re: Patch progress (beta patches included)
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2011, 01:27:23 »
Oh great Runeforge,

Having finally found this site, I reviewed the previous post.

I truly regret to tell you, but having played the latest beta for quite a while now, I've noticed that war happened only once, plague not at all (40+turns) and on have been attacked twice.  All of this on the hardest setting.  i've suffered more from random fire breakouts that from the other 'players'.  Also there seems to be no political ambition among the other'players'.  once they fill the lowest office, they stay still, even when post above them is open and unchallenged.  It could be that they are still having savings issues.

Just a few obserevations that hopefully will help you.

Jack

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2011, 11:06:56 »
I am able to (partly) reproduce the problems with war and plague and we'll check that for the next patch. We've read from other people too, that AI isn't aggressive enough, but some other people say that they get attacked all the time  :-\
I'll have a look at it, maybe I can tweak the behaviour a bit.

Offline JFCM88

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2011, 13:46:21 »
Hmmm... I haven't played in a while - but I wonder if people that are 'getting attacked all the time' are starting lots of new games, rather than running the trend throughout the continuation of one game....  In other words one gamer can play one long game and report very little conflict whereas another can play 20 games within a week and cite that there is lots of hostility.  I dunno.... or maybe it could be because some poeple just *have* to be rogues.... and just *have* to rob and burgle people... ;)
This is my signature - there are many other signatures like it, but this one is mine.

Offline Extrien

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2011, 22:01:59 »
new forum looks great, looking forward to new builds

Offline HellKnightX

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #5 on: 27 April 2011, 00:57:29 »
I just got this game recently and I'm really glad that the dev team is so devoted to constantly improving this gem of a game. It's a shame about JoWooD going under, and I hope you guys can keep working on this game without their support. If it helps, I'll even buy a 2nd and possibly 3rd copy off Steam and gift it to some friends.
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Offline rocky_4r

• Runeforge Game Studio
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #6 on: 27 April 2011, 14:35:14 »
if you buy another copy of the game we will not see your money... it goes to JWD (or to that whats left from JWD).

so just buy the game if you feel like it.

Offline Void(null)

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #7 on: 06 May 2011, 17:11:59 »
So if JoWood goes down are you guys planning on releasing unofficial patches if/when time allows or is that it for the Guild 2?

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
« Reply #8 on: 06 May 2011, 17:13:49 »
So if JoWood goes down are you guys planning on releasing unofficial patches if/when time allows or is that it for the Guild 2?

As long as the owners of the trademark "The Guild" don't want us to stop, we will continue to work on Renaissance if/when time allows it ;)
Glad you found us :)

Offline Void(null)

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #9 on: 06 May 2011, 17:39:53 »
That's very welcome news to my heart.

I like the new site a heck of a lot more than the old one. While I appreciate what you guys tried to do with the bug finder the whole system just seemed needlessly complicated. I think overall you guys got a very raw deal with TG2:R. You had a horrifically broken foundation to work from so I am very much looking forward to seeing you guys take all the lessons you have learned from TG2:R and moving forward with your own IP. Hopefully Kontor will have a much better foundation for you to work from so that Runeforge can truly shine!

That being said I wanted you to know that as a longtime fan of The Guild Series, I truly appreciate everything you did, and everything you guys tried to do.

Edit: Just signed up for the new bug tracker. Very nice. :)
« Last Edit: 06 May 2011, 17:46:54 by Void(null) »

Offline JaythReap

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #10 on: 08 May 2011, 22:57:45 »
thanks for continue donig patches for this game ^^
i found this forum because I had a bug where i couldn't sell/buy some resources with the latest official patch, and the last unofficial patch fixed it ^^
and well.. it's good that it's on more languages and not only german and english :p

Offline Drakemoore

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #11 on: 09 May 2011, 06:42:12 »
First off.

Thank you for continuing to work on a game after it's been released, it's quite nice to see a developer team giving support to a after release project.

I was curious about this part of the beta series of patches, as well as the future 4.2 patch on the horizon:

- It's now possible to choose 1, 2, 3 or 4 years per round. The setting will also be saved when you restart the game. Works, but there's a problem after restarting a game

I really like it that you can now choose how fast you want time to progress now - Awesome!

Do you expect this 'problem' to be resolved for the 4.2 release or a upcoming beta patch? Really enjoying multiplaying with my friends but it'd be great to be able to resume multiplayer sessions as some can expect TG2 games can last quite a long time if let on.

Offline Kaelas

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #12 on: 10 May 2011, 16:48:53 »
Got a small/Major problem. Before we patched we had to keep faction up with each others families. Now even if were on different teams were auto allied and considered on same team? We are running the economy balance mod as well as an FYI.

Also, your main character giving out loans returns either 0 or negligible xp, shouldn't it give some xp like any other job?

Offline ever

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #13 on: 11 May 2011, 11:55:54 »
Thanks for your effort !!! Seriously, thank you very much!
Ive not installed yet the 4.17b betapatch, but Ill install it today to try it.

Ive got some questions related, when you write some comments in yellow in versions below 4.17 .. are those issues/fixes solved in 4.17b patch? or just not tested enough yet?

Again, I encourage you to go on working on this patch, and to release it soon, as it would be a stable version.
As you could know, I just bought the game, so a newbie here asking for your help and patching work could tell you that this game is good and your work is also good, couse there are people buying this game and liking and playing  it ;)

Offline Mrbloodworth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #14 on: 26 May 2011, 21:04:43 »
Not sure why, but this patch did make multilayer more stable. I appreciate this greatly!

HOWEVER, Multiplayer is still unstable, and you should expect it to go out of sync constantly.

My group, never gets more than 3 hours in before Desync.

EDIT: - Fixed the OoS occuring in different situations like taking a bath tested + working = <3

Please put more eyes to this cause. Stomp out the rest!