Shoutbox

Author Topic: Patch progress (beta patches included)  (Read 147235 times)

Offline Sainty

• Reputation Power:
  • The Guild Geek
Re: Patch progress (beta patches included)
« Reply #30 on: 15 July 2011, 12:40:11 »
So nobody knows? Seriously its a major game breaking bug.  >:(

Played 4 different games and it happens every time.

Never happend to me and I've played like 40 hours per month since the patch came out. Maybe your game got corrupt. Try maybe reintalling, and then maybe the political mod for more fun at the office.

Yeah I've reinstalled it and reapplied the patches. It still happens every time.

I cant help you except pointing out that there is also a title called "citizen without full rights". Maybe that one is what you have and the one requiered is with the full rights? Have you tried gaining higher titels (like really high) and then running for office?
I'll poison your well!

Offline blablabla

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #31 on: 19 July 2011, 06:03:21 »
First of all thank you for keeping the guild alive        is there any eta on the next update?

Offline H.-P.

• Community Manager
  • Reputation Power:
    • blackshuck.de
« Reply #32 on: 19 July 2011, 06:18:03 »
No, there is no estimated time of arrival. All we can say its that it is done when itīs done  ;)

Offline Sir Rogers

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #33 on: 19 July 2011, 17:57:46 »
I have never ever had that bug either.

Offline rwjabour

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #34 on: 05 August 2011, 21:19:33 »
Great news about the beta patches !
I play The Guild 2 - Renaissance a LOT ! I am using 4.1 version and I am pleased to know now there are a quite new beta patches releases.
This game is one of my favorites, it has a lot of criativity !
Best Regards,
Rodrigo Jabour

Offline Napi96

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power:
  • Before asking: www.google.com
« Reply #35 on: 05 August 2011, 21:29:20 »
Great news about the beta patches !
I play The Guild 2 - Renaissance a LOT ! I am using 4.1 version and I am pleased to know now there are a quite new beta patches releases.
This game is one of my favorites, it has a lot of criativity !
Best Regards,
Rodrigo Jabour

Hi
Why you don't use the beta patch 4.17b?
It works fine, you only need patch 4.15 and then Patch 4.17b... ;)
only a little tip by me :)

Offline SirC

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #36 on: 14 August 2011, 04:42:34 »
Hello I'm about to buy the all 3 games on steam any advice and after I do purchase how and where do i start patching. is everything included in 4.17 thank you

Offline reaper200

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #37 on: 14 August 2011, 13:26:54 »
Well steam updates The Guild - Renaissance to patch 4.15 all by itself so all you need to do is just download patch 4.17b from the link below and install it in to your guild renaissance folder.

http://downloads.runeforge-games.net/TG2_Patch_415_to_417b_ML.exe

Oh and unless your want to play some particular mod or something its not really worth buying the old games as The Guild 2 -Renaissance has everything the other 2 games have PLUS more. So just buy Renaissance unless you got money to spare. ^^

Offline SirC

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #38 on: 15 August 2011, 23:20:14 »
Thanks! I really don't so you just saved me 20 dollars

Offline Nhatorama

• Betatester
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #39 on: 19 August 2011, 08:12:03 »
I would also like to chime in and thank all the people still polishing Renaissance.
I'm about to join the bandwagon and finally install 4.17b.

Should I post bugs I find on this thread or at the bugtracker/bugzilla (once it's back up)?

Ciao

Giovanni

Offline erendor

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #40 on: 25 August 2011, 07:21:08 »
Since the bugtracker appears to be down, I'll throw in some things I've noticed in here:
I'm running the 4.17 beta patch, by the way.

-The Oak Ring provides two actions to perform - Oak Ring and Mussel Necklace.  The Mussel Necklace one obviously doesn't work.
-The Mussel Necklace has no associated action to wear it.
-Despite the presence of a Magician's Shop in Danzig, Perfume and other alchemical things sold out early on and have never been restocked.
-A rogueish individual got the 'Loss' punishment at a trial - the prosecuter said they would lose their title (and they went from Citizen without full civil rights -> Yeoman succesfully), and the judge said they would lose their office.  They lost their title, but retained their office (it seems like without the title to actually hold that office, they should have lost it).
-When you 'Ask to Dance'/'Bathe Together' or 'Sweet-Talk', you pay the money in advance and aren't refunded if they deny you(or completely ignore you as happens a lot).  This seems like a bug, since if you don't actually get to dance with them, what are you paying 300 gold for?
« Last Edit: 25 August 2011, 09:57:06 by erendor »

Offline mcozzy

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #41 on: 13 September 2011, 19:01:22 »
Hiya

Not sure if this is what caused a problem in my game,

- Fixed a bug that caused the AI to not buy any title higher than Citizen tested + partly working

I played through about 30 years and the council seats were always empty. I managed to take soverign in Hamburg after killing the bishop  :-[ and of course banished the guild master, after there were loads of empty seats all through the council unless one of my children took up that seat.

Offline Hohenstaufen

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #42 on: 28 September 2011, 17:17:16 »
Greetings good people. I joined to thank you for the work you're doing for Guild 2. On to a problem now. I have a clean install of The Guild 2 Renaissance applied 4.15 patch and then the 4.17 beta patch. Though after some hours of playing it seems that my savegame got corrupt. When I click load the bar progresses to about 30% and then CTD without an error message.

Offline heerrink

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #43 on: 02 October 2011, 13:18:03 »
Guess.. maybe u should set this game back in the spot light when u are done with 4.2

I mean.. just like minecraft nobody didnt know that it even exists..
and now there came some obivious changes and people where start talking about the game.

If u could do the same? like... 4.2 is your alpha version.
which means 5 EURO for game.
the Beta costs 10 EURO
the game is totally finished u pay 15 EURO for it.

I mean there are always changes in a game right? - add new features like from the mods will help alot too.. [Totally finished means without OoS XD]

Or isnt this possible? (maybe try it with Kontor?)

BTW u must admit that this picture is the best picture.
« Last Edit: 03 October 2011, 12:32:42 by heerrink »

Offline lisa

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #44 on: 03 October 2011, 11:29:35 »
hello

I have a big problem with my guild 2 renaissance game, which is seriously spoiling my enjoyment of playing.
My boyfriend and me have had "the out of sync" message while playing in the multiplayer mode very often. So we installed the 4.15 patch which helped the problem a bit (out of sync message is still appearing once in a while). But since this patch has been installed, almost all our icons (the one for the resources, products, etc.) which appear when looking at the market goods or the goods you can produce in your workshop are messed up completely. The icons of the goods are either replaced by another icon which has nothing to do with it, or instead of the picture there is just a white square or some indefinable object.
Now it is very hard or sometimes not even possible to see what goods are needed in the workshop or what there is to buy at the market...

We have installed the 4.17 b Patch, hoping it would fix the problem, but the icons remained mixed up the same way.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks,
Lisa
« Last Edit: 03 October 2011, 12:00:01 by lisa »

quarterly