Shoutbox

Author Topic: Next patch  (Read 32859 times)

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
Next patch
« on: 25 April 2011, 00:20:06 »
As you already know, our new patch is coming, so even more bugs won't bother your gaming in the future. Unfortunately there is no release date yet because we want to take our time, so everything works out right and to your pleasure. At least we want to share a changelog of the new patch with you.
You can find a list of planned bugfixes and improvements attached. We'll keep this list up to date and we'll extend it if other bugfixes are included.
This patch will be the first patch since 4.15, that's not a beta release and it won't be the last. If everything goes as planned the patch will be also available on Steam.
Because of the update's size and amount of the planned changes, it won't be released in the next weeks. Unfortunately we can't name an exact release date, although we are hiring new programmers, to get the work faster done.

•   [Bugfix] Random event scripts broken
•   [Bugfix] Random event scripts don't start in MP
•   [Bugfix] Player can't repais ships
•   [Bugfix] Wrong buildings placed on Hansa map
•   [Bugfix] World Property "messages" isn't set when the game is being restarted which causes random events being disabled
•   [Ballancing] Dynasties don't sell wares at bad selling price although the inventory is full
•   [Ballancing] Necromant's AI improved
•   [Δnderung] New buildings aren't anymore assigned to the main char
•   [Bugfix] Tax auditors couldn't close markets
•   [Bugfix] Fixed a bug in ms_assigntothiefoflove.lua
•   [Bugfix] Fixed a bug in the script for the world trader
•   [Bugfix] Filter problem: Courtesans can't start some actions inside buildings
•   [Bugfix] Courtesans don't start "Labor of love" at next morning
•   [Bugfix] Office sessions: Action bar was visible sometimes
•   [Bugfix] Office sessions started without chairman
•   [Bugfix] Patients without money/illness came back all the time to the hospital
•   [Bugfix] Thugs were uncontrollable after a fight
•   [Bugfix] Cutscenes were not closed after being cancelled
•   [Bugfix] Colechar hut in london, but no lumberjack's place
•   [Bugfix] Missing locators for thief's guilds on Hansa map
•   [Bugfix] Negative amounts of money being transfered on positive random events
•   [Bugfix] AI can't quack when some item blocks the inventory
•   [Bugfix] Pickpocketing may break alliances/non aggression agreements

« Last Edit: 05 June 2011, 16:57:51 by FH »

Offline kinver

• Reputation Power:
Re: lol
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2011, 08:52:23 »
well well... i need to fix a MOD for next patch  ::)

BTW
how about fix AI
for Bank (AI didn't work for loan)
for Hospital (Gray Dynasty CHR dosen't stop DOCTOR Role) <- i can help that, simple fix

Offline shadowofdoubts

• Reputation Power:
Re: Next patch
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2011, 00:12:12 »
I'm new on this forum and haven't had the chance to say thanks for the work you do to make this epic game playable.
I must say it's one of my favourite games just because of it's individuality and structure and your work may lead to a sequel even though I hear that Jowood are bankrupt; I'm not sure of this though.
....Anyway, many thanks
Carl

Offline Mrbloodworth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2011, 20:43:32 »
Hello!

I say this with all due respect. Please fix the multiplayer Desync issues. PLEASE. I am begging. FIX IT. My group of friend bought this game and have never been able to go past 3-4 hours of multiplayer. I am not alone, and this is a huge deal that has persisted for a very very long time.

Thank you.

We love the game, We hate this issue.

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2011, 20:47:55 »
The issue is not "fixable". The out of sync message appears as soon as anything goes wrong (or goes asynchronous). There are too many possible causes that can lead to OoS, we are trying to fix them, but it's impossible to find every single cause. :/

Offline Mrbloodworth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2011, 20:57:11 »
The issue is not "fixable". The out of sync message appears as soon as anything goes wrong (or goes asynchronous). There are too many possible causes that can lead to OoS, we are trying to fix them, but it's impossible to find every single cause. :/

I understand.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but this issue has been a problem for way to long. I appreciate the effort you have given it, but it is still way to common, to the point of being expected to happen.

We bought the game for multiplayer, it does not work, or at the least, wastes our time to even try. The work around do not work. Quite frankly it has tarnished this game. It has persisted in just about every version of the game.

Perhaps its time to add more fault tolerance, or go asynchronous. You and I both know this is a longstanding issue. Regardless of the details. It needs to be fixed. I can't say that we, and likely many others, will take the risk on any new iterations of the title line.... Would you?

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2011, 21:09:38 »
We bought the game for multiplayer, it does not work, or at the least, wastes our time to even try. The work around do not work. Quite frankly it has tarnished this game. It has persisted in just about every version of the game.

Why did the workaround not work?

Perhaps its time to add more fault tolerance, or go asynchronous. You and I both know this is a longstanding issue. Regardless of the details. It needs to be fixed. I can't say that we, and likely many others, will take the risk on any new iterations of the title line.... Would you?

There is zero fault tolerance and it would be absolute impossible to add fault tolerance to the sync-checks. Also I know that the issue is a pain in the ass and that it's the biggest issue the game ever had. But it's not possible to fix it for 100%, not for us nor for anyone else. We can only try to lower the possibility of it's occurence, but it will never reach 0%.

Offline Mrbloodworth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2011, 21:32:35 »

Why did the workaround not work?

Other players are unable to join reloaded save games. I believe I have submitted save files and logs to you before. Currently though, I can't get my group to try again. We recently used some of the beta patches, and that did seem to address some early sync issues, but it still happens like clockwork. Its hard to convince any of my group to try again at this point, as devoting 2-3 hours of playing just to have it happen again has broken us. Even when we really REALLY want to play again. Its a downright shame, we really enjoy the game, but have never gone past, what i guess you can call, the early game.

There is zero fault tolerance and it would be absolute impossible to add fault tolerance to the sync-checks. Also I know that the issue is a pain in the ass and that it's the biggest issue the game ever had. But it's not possible to fix it for 100%, not for us nor for anyone else. We can only try to lower the possibility of it's occurence, but it will never reach 0%.

I am sure you guys can come up with something, I'm not here to tell you what to do. I know you have heard it all before, so I dont need to go over it again. Just lodging my #1 issue with you, and asking that this issue be elevated in importance for this, and any future versions of the title.

Something I would like to see, that may minimize the issue, is free form joining of games. The ability to drop in and out at will.

Its a huge deal to me, and as we know, others.

Offline mrriddler

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #8 on: 06 July 2011, 20:15:17 »
When can we expect new (full, not beta) patch? Thanks in advance!

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
« Reply #9 on: 06 July 2011, 21:06:50 »
We can't give something more detailed than "when it's done", sorry. Currently there's a lot of work to do for all of us and we can't work as much on Renaissance as we would like to :/

Offline Mrbloodworth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #10 on: 07 July 2011, 20:24:56 »
So no more support for this title? Also, what about the "huge content update"?

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
« Reply #11 on: 07 July 2011, 20:50:04 »
So no more support for this title?

How did you get this idea?

Offline dhaos7

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #12 on: 10 July 2011, 06:24:05 »
I just would like to say I appreciate all the effort you guys have done to improve The Guild 2 Renaissance. While it would be awesome someday to have a game that wouldn't de-sync during multiplayer, I can see that would be very improbable based off other posts I've read, like about not having access to the source code. Any time you have a game with as much going on as The Guild 2 has, stuff is bound to break.

Offline Mrbloodworth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #13 on: 15 July 2011, 17:44:33 »

That's typically what happens when you start another project and say "we can't work as much on Renaissance as we would like to :/".

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
« Reply #14 on: 16 July 2011, 10:50:24 »

That's typically what happens when you start another project and say "we can't work as much on Renaissance as we would like to :/".

You got me wrong. We don't get paid for Renaissance anymore. We also don't get paid for Kontor. So we have to do some paid work.
In my case this means projects. I wanted to implement a lot of fixes for Renaissance last week and instead I was sitting in an office for 10-14 hours a day(!) trying to hold a deadline. :/

quarterly