Shoutbox

Author Topic: Next patch  (Read 31307 times)

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
Re: Next patch
« Reply #15 on: 16 July 2011, 14:19:21 »
It's well known that they're beta testing the patch so obviously they are working on it.  I have a feeling this next patch is going to be worth the wait.

Offline H.-P.

• Community Manager
  • Reputation Power:
    • blackshuck.de
« Reply #16 on: 16 July 2011, 14:34:14 »
Thank you for your patience and trust, mon Général  ;)

We are confident that the patch will meet your expectations  :)

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #17 on: 16 July 2011, 17:16:41 »
Ooh, just noticed your have a M&B icon H.-P.  Nice!  Second to The Guild that's my favorite game.

Offline H.-P.

• Community Manager
  • Reputation Power:
    • blackshuck.de
« Reply #18 on: 16 July 2011, 18:23:15 »
I love Mount&Blade. After several coworkers told me to try it, i finally get struck by Warband.
At the moment I play the 1257 AD mod, trying to fight off the heathens in the holy land  :D

But thats very off topic so I better stop it before getting caught by FH  ;)

Offline Deathstar

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #19 on: 16 July 2011, 21:39:16 »
Ooh, just noticed your have a M&B icon H.-P.  Nice!  Second to The Guild that's my favorite game.

:x

Offline Euly

• Betatester
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #20 on: 04 August 2011, 22:44:13 »
So no more support for this title?

How did you get this idea?

That's typically what happens when you start another project and say "we can't work as much on Renaissance as we would like to :/".

You got me wrong. We don't get paid for Renaissance anymore. We also don't get paid for Kontor. So we have to do some paid work.
In my case this means projects. I wanted to implement a lot of fixes for Renaissance last week and instead I was sitting in an office for 10-14 hours a day(!) trying to hold a deadline. :/

Is there anything the community can do to help you?

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
« Reply #21 on: 05 August 2011, 06:35:21 »
Yes, there are three things that come to my mind the community can do to help:
- Apply for our betatests (currently we have a lot of testers already, but we'll always need testers :))
- Of course: Donations ^^ The more money we get from our Runeforge projects the more time we can put into them
- Increase the community, spread the word so that there are more people helping us and motivating us :)

Offline Euly

• Betatester
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #22 on: 05 August 2011, 19:03:54 »
I can help beta test, so where do I need to sign up? I can probably donate some cash as well, but maybe you could make a blog post or info page telling the community more about the Runeforge team, such as how many people are on the staff, where you're from, and what projects you've contributed to. That would help so people like me know more about the team and what cause we're donating to, other than a beer fund. :)

I have a few friends who bought Ren when it was released, but quickly gave up on it because of the inability to play together. They are always willing to help get the word out and gain more people to play with, but their main complaint is the game shows little hope in improving. Everybody knows the game has bugs, but after 6+ months of going without even a hot-fix patch, it's an uphill battle trying to get them to invest any time in a game which they've long since uninstalled.
« Last Edit: 05 August 2011, 19:16:28 by Euly »

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
« Reply #23 on: 06 August 2011, 08:01:01 »
I can help beta test, so where do I need to sign up?

You just have signed up :D

I can probably donate some cash as well, but maybe you could make a blog post or info page telling the community more about the Runeforge team, such as how many people are on the staff, where you're from, and what projects you've contributed to. That would help so people like me know more about the team and what cause we're donating to, other than a beer fund. :)

As soon as I have the time I'll implement our new website where you'll find such a page ;)

Offline coinlord

• Betatester
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #24 on: 08 August 2011, 22:57:30 »
ello all;

I too would be interested in beta testing.  Feel free to contact me and explain how I may serve you.\

Jack Jr.
(guild addict)

Offline micmac13

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #25 on: 14 August 2011, 07:38:13 »
On the map The Archduke of Tirol they Pleasure palace that is there is inaccessible. Tis rilly suks after spending all that hared earned gold on it.

Offline Jabberdau

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #26 on: 27 August 2011, 19:14:12 »
The issue is not "fixable". The out of sync message appears as soon as anything goes wrong (or goes asynchronous). There are too many possible causes that can lead to OoS, we are trying to fix them, but it's impossible to find every single cause. :/

Would it be possible to solve this simply by having the game randomly choose one players game and copy it to the other player when this happens? Just a thought.

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
« Reply #27 on: 28 August 2011, 19:34:14 »
The issue is not "fixable". The out of sync message appears as soon as anything goes wrong (or goes asynchronous). There are too many possible causes that can lead to OoS, we are trying to fix them, but it's impossible to find every single cause. :/

Would it be possible to solve this simply by having the game randomly choose one players game and copy it to the other player when this happens? Just a thought.

That's the only possible way to completely solve the issue I can think of, but it's a bit more complicated.
First of all: only the host could be that chosen player, but that would be no big problem. Besides some minor issues like "how the f*** can I tell the game to serialize the whole game and transfer it to all the other players? How can the clients tell the host that everything arrived? How can I check if there were errors?" there would be the biggest problem "how can I delete the whole game on the clients so that it can be restored from the serialized game sent by the host without(!) killing the multiplayer session?"

Offline Jabberdau

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #28 on: 11 September 2011, 19:29:51 »
Ha ha I like your humor.  I have no technical knowledge, but perhaps you could do a work around. Let the host save the game, then let the game die. And then eventually, everyone would restart their games, the host would re-host the game from the save and wait for all the players to re-join and then it would start again. Or maybe the players could just send each other the save game themselves without any additional coding from your side. Like manually in the OS find the file and send it through email or the like.

Something, brutal and bonky, simple yet workable. Dson´t have to be perfect.

Offline fidelspikes

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #29 on: 22 September 2011, 16:28:41 »
hi!
i would like to be a beta tester too . . wont be much good but i want to do all i can to help the people who brought out such an awesome game ;D

quarterly