Shoutbox

Author Topic: Next patch  (Read 32846 times)

Offline fidelspikes

• Reputation Power:
Re: Next patch
« Reply #30 on: 22 September 2011, 16:32:02 »
Ooh, just noticed your have a M&B icon H.-P.  Nice!  Second to The Guild that's my favorite game.

ditto!! . . birds of a feather eh??

Offline AtomicBomb

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #31 on: 25 September 2011, 22:03:15 »
I would like to be eligible for beta testing if possible!

I have been captivated since the first Europa 1400: the Guild where I kept raging with my friends when our games went Out of Synch! Yet, we kept playing again and again as the possibilities within this game were just amazing.

In addition, I have lot of time on my hands atm between web developing and waiting on swtor. :o

Offline heerrink

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #32 on: 02 October 2011, 14:30:41 »
The issue is not "fixable". The out of sync message appears as soon as anything goes wrong (or goes asynchronous). There are too many possible causes that can lead to OoS, we are trying to fix them, but it's impossible to find every single cause. :/

Would it be possible to solve this simply by having the game randomly choose one players game and copy it to the other player when this happens? Just a thought.

That's the only possible way to completely solve the issue I can think of, but it's a bit more complicated.
First of all: only the host could be that chosen player, but that would be no big problem. Besides some minor issues like "how the f*** can I tell the game to serialize the whole game and transfer it to all the other players? How can the clients tell the host that everything arrived? How can I check if there were errors?" there would be the biggest problem "how can I delete the whole game on the clients so that it can be restored from the serialized game sent by the host without(!) killing the multiplayer session?"

Well, if u would make more error messages its easier to check faults made by game.

Tell TG2:R that u want to check all the files using by host, and when it is all-right u give it to the other players.
And then let us see the loader. Then the game runs faster and there will be no OoS. [Which is great :D]
And make a special folder for MODS so he would check for this as well!

U know what i mean? is the same like a repair tool.. Checking --> Download good files --> Play.
But now its more like this --> Host? --> Host Found!--> Checking Files --> Checking Mod --> Give Players Files/Mod --> Load the game --> ~Play~
[~Without OoS~]

Come on man, This game has not yet been finished and still can BE! [I'm not a scripter or whatever]
Just a guy, that likes the game and want to see this game to be more populair.

Which can only be granted when u achieve a NO-BUG game.

P.S.
Where can i see the proceeding of 4.2 I thought there was a website for that ?
« Last Edit: 02 October 2011, 14:36:51 by heerrink »

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
« Reply #33 on: 03 October 2011, 07:58:42 »
Well, if u would make more error messages its easier to check faults made by game.

Error messages don't make things easier when the cause for the error itself is no error.

Tell TG2:R that u want to check all the files using by host, and when it is all-right u give it to the other players.
And then let us see the loader. Then the game runs faster and there will be no OoS. [Which is great :D]

I don't understand the first thing, but a mods-folder would be fine.. I thought about that a lot of times, but it would be too time consuming to implement this.

There is no such thing as "no-bug games" or even "no-bug software".

Yes, but we kind of abandoned the website because it was much less work to just keep this thread up-to-date.

Offline heerrink

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #34 on: 03 October 2011, 13:06:37 »

Error messages don't make things easier when the cause for the error itself is no error.

Well, the fault/error is that OoS coming by a file missing for other players.
Which means it is a Fault/Error for the game and the other players.

Fixing this, is like making a error message for every single file in the game loading folder. [Where the game runs]

I don't understand the first thing, but a mods-folder would be fine.. I thought about that a lot of times, but it would be too time consuming to implement this.

U know what i mean? is the same like a repair tool..
Checking --> Download good files --> Play.
But now its more like this --> Host? --> Host Found!--> Checking Files --> Checking Mod --> Give Players Files/Mod --> Load the game --> ~Play~
[~Without OoS~]

There is no such thing as "no-bug games" or even "no-bug software".

You're right there are no-bug software nor games.
But there are software which works without stopping the entire game from playing.

Because OoS said so.  :P

Yes, but we kind of abandoned the website because it was much less work to just keep this thread up-to-date.

Too be honest, I dont see many details about what u guys fixing and what already have been done since u work on it, same as the date when it comes out, is there no estimated time?

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
« Reply #35 on: 03 October 2011, 13:13:44 »

Fixing this, is like making a error message for every single file in the game loading folder. [Where the game runs]

A missing file leads to an OoS, that's true, but that's not the cause in 99.9% of all cases.

Too be honest, I dont see many details about what u guys fixing and what already have been done since u work on it, same as the date when it comes out, is there no estimated time?

No, there's no time and we won't name a date until about 2 weeks before release. Reason is that we can't hold the date we could name anyway.

Offline heerrink

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #36 on: 03 October 2011, 13:41:39 »

A missing file leads to an OoS, that's true, but that's not the cause in 99.9% of all cases.

Well, make a error message for all things that goes wrong would help  :D

like:

-Scripts/Files that have been wrong.
Fault/Error would be

Missing Script/File:
[C:\Program Files (x86)\The Guild 2 - Renaissance\Objects\Outdoor\Flare.nif]

Or just only:

[Fault/Error: Missing/Corrupt file\Corrupt script at: Flare.nif]

No, there's no time and we won't name a date until about 2 weeks before release. Reason is that we can't hold the date we could name anyway.

Baddy :P , But i like that u are honest ;-)

Still i cant find the details what u are fixing now and what the list of things u are fixing atm at this patch.

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
« Reply #37 on: 03 October 2011, 16:07:25 »
1. (again): An error message doesn't help anything if the cause for the real problem isn't an error itself!

2. we have error messages for nearly everything.

3. Missing files are logged already.

4. look at the first post in this thread.

5. please check your post before submitting it and fix broken quotes.

Offline Aggamemnon

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #38 on: 25 November 2011, 02:11:07 »
Pawn shop.

You don't gain any experience for working as a credit giver. (compared to say Lavender collection or waylaying, both give +1xp while actively working)

Never seems to give/get people loaning money, but I am guessing this is a city economy issue rather than a real game issue.
Also if you have workers crafting notary paper or coins, then get them to "give credit" they don't stop working on the item, and seem to do both together.

Lastly.
Thanks for the beta patches, being able to play a real multiplayer for a few hours is great.  :D

Offline Aggamemnon

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #39 on: 06 December 2011, 16:16:29 »
Hi again.

I'd like to make a suggestion for the Fishers shack.
Fried Herring sells for 77 base, the sale timer is nice and you can make a good profit with not much effort here.
Problem, the smoked Salmon sells for less base, and is more expensive to make requiring 2 wood per output. Could we have this adjusted up slightly because at the minute there is no reason to even branch off into this product due to the effort to get wood, and sell for less.

I'd also like to request that Mines and Maybe wood camps are given 2 NPC guards permanently. We often play this in multiplayer and it seems the easiest way for a rogue to make money is to simply get some thugs, and capture the nearest mine (after extorting it for a few days). At the minute there is minimum risk due to the location of mines and the lack of town patrols that far out.

Stonemasons. The lucky stones require 2 precious gems, the base cost on the gems is 400+ but you only get a base of 500 when selling the final product. Again this comes down to time versus profit, at the rate you can dig up clay and make grindstones, which sell at a fair rate it's generally not worth expanding into this product.

The Smugglers Hole.
Breaking into a shop is a LOT more hassle than extorting a business (robbers nest) but only gives around 30xp WHEN successful. Scouting a location should be giving around 10-20xp upon completion and burglary should be giving at least 40 when pulled off right. This would allow a rogue to go for the city route and still maintain experience gain. Given the risks a player takes even attempting to burgle I would say this is a fair amount.
Alternatively just give +1xp while performing the scouting and breaking in to bring them inline with other mundane jobs.

Offline Aggamemnon

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #40 on: 11 December 2011, 18:48:24 »
A few maps seem to be allowing buildings to overlap.

Lyon (2 city version) is allowing npc's to build under the new monastery.
Other maps are allowing buildings to go into the same place as the new windmills on the maps, it's as if the buildings are not occupying the space.

I'd like to request the option of disabling the "capture" command in multiplayer games. Simply because it's really unbalancing our games at the minute.

Offline MariusSy

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #41 on: 12 January 2012, 10:32:01 »
wanna help with beta-testing and suggestions and anything possible!the only thing i can't help yet is donating as i am still a student but i would really like to help with anything else as i really love this game and i wanna see it become the great game it actually is.

Offline Madkill

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #42 on: 27 January 2012, 20:24:43 »
Any news for this next patch at all?  ;D

Offline laxity

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #43 on: 07 February 2012, 01:56:03 »
Any news for this next patch at all?  ;D

I'd like to know too as not heard anything for ages. I really hope the next patch hasn't been abandoned as my friend and I love this game and it would be great to see some new improvements. Even just a quick note to say that things are still alive and kicking would be cool  8)

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
« Reply #44 on: 07 February 2012, 10:50:52 »
Things are still alive and kicking

quarterly
quarterly