Shoutbox

Author Topic: Wish list  (Read 9674 times)

Offline SleepnDreamn

• Reputation Power:
Wish list
« on: 22 May 2011, 23:18:23 »
I want more realistic game play. Graphics can be crap in first version of the game as long as its bug less and really playable. So far in Guild 2 we start as pretty well set person with some gold able to start our own business. For a 19 years old person starting own business is pretty much not real.

I was thinking that maybe character we start with would work for other NPC's for some time and earn his money that way. Later would be able to rent his own working space for a shop or some factory (weak idea hard to avoid boring stuff like in the sims maybe - could be skipped). The more wealthy our family would become the more option would come. Buying land for our own factory, becoming independent. That would be basic starting scenario. Other way of starting would be getting our first ran down, poor health business from our father/relative. This would be birth of long term dynasty.

City's should be developed or developing giving more space to player. Renting / buying land to start our shop or factory first. Like in Assassins Creed opening blacksmith shops. Make giant maps like Morrowind with many City's / trade center. Even starting in small village would make player able to sell his good to a distant wealthy city. Nation borders and ongoing wars would have impact on business we open. Maybe player would be able to open. Sending prospectors out of towns to seek new mineral deposits and establishing mining business.

It's probably not possible for me to put all my ideas in the post, even less possible to make a working and attractive game out of it xD

It sounds more like The Sims, Guild 2, Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Capitalism+, Spore games all mixed up.

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
Re: Wish list
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2011, 08:09:26 »
It would be a bit too much to implement all your ideas (e.g. the many cities on one map), but I think your ideas go in a similar direction as our ideas ;)

Offline Kinabalu

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2011, 21:54:22 »
Of course, the ultimate achievement for any game developer is to pack as many aspects of gaming into 1 game.
All games limit themselves, thats the big "problem". This is why we have such a huge amount of different game genres.
Gilde 2 Renaissance Patch 4.15
Gilde 2 Renaissance Patch 4.17 BETA

DG2 Ren Hamachi Channel
Name: RuneForge DG2 Renaissance
Passwort: passwort

Offline SleepnDreamn

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2011, 10:32:32 »
I was thinking that maybe like in Guilds 2 we have plenty of different maps in Kontor all of them would be linked into one giant world.

Lets say we have Hansa and London as two separate maps. With that playing in London we would be able to sell and buy good to Hansa using trading company, counting house. I liked the idea in Spore where player could find his other created race and interact with it. Our advanced dynasty in London would be able to give support (starting conditions) to its branch in Hansa. Player would even be able to delegate one of his children to another city/map with that. And having even 5 different maps/cities would still create many different scenarios to play with. Just imagine starting as a single merchant in city A and spreading all over 5 maps as trading company.

Offline Kinabalu

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2011, 12:30:37 »
I also agree that incorporating the TW series idea for campaign and real time map into Kontor could be very interesting.

DG2 Ren Hamachi Channel

Offline SleepnDreamn

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2011, 14:04:39 »
I also agree that incorporating the TW series idea for campaign and real time map into Kontor could be very interesting.

Would be cool to have War Veteran Grand Father.
Also realistic surname change (females taking husband surname after marriage) and 2 surnames (not sure how to call it in English). One thing I miss in Guild 2 is random name generator XD

Offline Kinabalu

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2011, 14:58:44 »
Also realistic surname change (females taking husband surname after marriage) and 2 surnames (not sure how to call it in English). One thing I miss in Guild 2 is random name generator XD

There is a random name generator, and woman do take their husbands name after marriage.

DG2 Ren Hamachi Channel

Offline SleepnDreamn

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2011, 14:09:58 »
I wonder if females of old times could keep their surname? To keep prominent family surname.

Offline H.-P.

• Community Manager
  • Reputation Power:
    • blackshuck.de
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2011, 14:41:05 »
I will repeat again and again what I wrote on several ocassions in the years I work in the industry (about the Guild and now Kontor):
Its just a game and not a mirror of historical correct facts. In reality, women had (nearly) no rights in these times. No one, especially our female gamers want to play this way. So please have some understanding for this historical incorrectness  ;)
We wanted to have equal entertainment and chances with both genders.

With kindest regards
H.-P.  :)
« Last Edit: 26 May 2011, 14:48:50 by H.-P. »

Offline Kinabalu

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2011, 14:43:00 »
the Gulid

Is that another project :P

DG2 Ren Hamachi Channel

Offline H.-P.

• Community Manager
  • Reputation Power:
    • blackshuck.de
« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2011, 14:53:45 »
Is that another project :P

That is off topic, Kinabalu.
But Im glad that I helped you to do something useful with your spare time  ;)

Offline bad karma

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #11 on: 28 May 2011, 08:30:16 »
I want more realistic game play. Graphics can be crap in first version of the game as long as its bug less and really playable. So far in Guild 2 we start as pretty well set person with some gold able to start our own business. For a 19 years old person starting own business is pretty much not real.

Heh in Renaissance Europe they married in the age of 16, even earlier. Plus a lot of citizens had no education but still managed to make a lot of money. Starting business in the age of 19 is ok, but the process should be more wide.

I was thinking that maybe character we start with would work for other NPC's for some time and earn his money that way. Later would be able to rent his own working space for a shop or some factory (weak idea hard to avoid boring stuff like in the sims maybe - could be skipped). The more wealthy our family would become the more option would come. Buying land for our own factory, becoming independent. That would be basic starting scenario. Other way of starting would be getting our first ran down, poor health business from our father/relative. This would be birth of long term dynasty.

Yea, I was thinking about that too. I did not like that in TG2 you start with money/can buy a title at the first minute of playing. IMO you should start titeless and broke and slowly dig your way up to the top. Criminal way of making money should be accepted too. 

Offline bad karma

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #12 on: 28 May 2011, 09:08:04 »
I will repeat again and again what I wrote on several ocassions in the years I work in the industry (about the Guild and now Kontor):
Its just a game and not a mirror of historical correct facts. In reality, women had (nearly) no rights in these times. No one, especially our female gamers want to play this way. So please have some understanding for this historical incorrectness  ;)
We wanted to have equal entertainment and chances with both genders.

With kindest regards
H.-P.  :)

Depends. Try reading Dorothy Dunnett's 'House of Niccolo'. It's a semi-fictional historical novel cycle about Renaissance Europe. Rich widows had rights. At least they could live 'on their own'. But yes, women with husbands were under their custody. It is all about your place in society. Serfs and noblemen are different things.

P.S. I said it before and I say it again. Why not to create a completely fictional medieval world. Like Sosaria/Britannia in Ultima series or Middle Earth in LotR or any other fictional fantasy world. It would release you guys from loads of problems: historical accuracy, economy, mode of life, size of the world map...everything as it would be completely your own world.

Offline H.-P.

• Community Manager
  • Reputation Power:
    • blackshuck.de
« Reply #13 on: 28 May 2011, 09:26:52 »
Why not to create a completely fictional medieval world. Like Sosaria/Britannia in Ultima series or Middle Earth in LotR or any other fictional fantasy world. It would release you guys from loads of problems: historical accuracy, economy, mode of life, size of the world map...everything as it would be completely your own world.

Well that is exactly the reason why Kontor uses an alternate history. We now have the freedom to develop our own history and are not bound slavish to the chain of real historical events.
Fugger 2, the predecessor of the Guild was using an alternate world inspired by the medieval Europe.
We discussed the point to completly create a different world fo Kontor but because many players like the "real world" we chose a compromise ands create a "enhanced" europe in Kontor  ;)

Offline bad karma

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #14 on: 28 May 2011, 10:58:19 »
Hm...Fugger II looks sweet. But is it avaiable in English???? I really like medieval DOS games. These graphics are so much better than all this 3D bullshit.

quarterly
quarterly