Shoutbox

Author Topic: Wish list  (Read 9135 times)

Offline H.-P.

• Community Manager
  • Reputation Power:
    • blackshuck.de
Re: Wish list
« Reply #15 on: 28 May 2011, 13:00:24 »
It is not available at all. After a lawsuit issued by the Fugger family not to use their familys name, the game got out of trade and the planned sequel Fugger III was renamed Europe 1400: The Guild.

Offline bad karma

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #16 on: 28 May 2011, 13:59:32 »
Ahh. Well, I am sure somebody's got a copy, but I still can't play it because I don't know German. This game looks very promising.

Offline Kinabalu

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #17 on: 30 May 2011, 12:36:23 »
Wait...the Fugger family still exists? And if so, they complained their name was being used for a game :O? Wow, thats interesting!
Gilde 2 Renaissance Patch 4.15
Gilde 2 Renaissance Patch 4.17 BETA

DG2 Ren Hamachi Channel
Name: RuneForge DG2 Renaissance
Passwort: passwort

Offline DaveMurray

• Reputation Power:
  • Muni-cipality Of Chaos
« Reply #18 on: 16 August 2011, 22:46:05 »
For the new game, you can also take some interesting ideas from features which have the online browser game of europa 1400...

Specially the new features on the test uk server....

http://test.uk.europe1400.com

http://board.europe1400.co.uk/index.php?page=Portal

this game, even online, includes, many good and super interesting features which not having the original game, so if we can include it in the new game, we will have many good experience.

Im playing a lot of years the original europe 1400, and all sequels, addons, etc (guild 2 etc), i have add many mods which provides new features (not cheats, its not realistic with that way) and still the game lacks features. Its very simple, with few privileges, features, etc. When you have doing all in this game, in short time, this is not good for the game itself.

The new game, must have plenty of features which will make the players, stay in the game more time. The player must feel from the first time, when launch the game for the first time, its completed, with many, many things to explore and to do.

So my Wish (except adding the some of the features in the browser game) is, the new game, will be more completed, with plenty, many features, old and new. I hope the developers, make the game, super completed.
And we live better, and you much better..

Offline bad karma

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #19 on: 17 August 2011, 01:21:43 »
Well, there are no 'complete' games. Every good games lacks something. That's why I suggest turning Kontor project into a 'never ending alpha' stage rather than release/small patch per year thing. Look at Dwarf Fortress. It has A LOT of features. A lot, very much, maybe too much features. And they are constantly updating it with new patches and making good money. The interesting thing is that DF is not even 3D, it does not even have graphics support, its text-based, but it has a very deep and wide gameplay. If Kontor would be a project like that it would be fun...constant bug fixes, patches, new features, fixes.

If Runeforge studio, however, wants to make it a one-time release project, then I simply hope that it will be a game we will all enjoy playing many times. I still play TG2 sometimes when have nostalgia about it. This is what makes a good game experience. Sandbox games like Gangsters, TG2, Europe 1400: The Guild are the games where you can learn all the features, but still play it again and again, not like in most other games where all you have to do is complete the scenario and forget it after the week of its release.
« Last Edit: 17 August 2011, 01:30:35 by bad karma »

Offline Robinhood1990

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #20 on: 17 August 2011, 10:32:18 »
I'd like to see Kontor go in the direction of how Sins of a Solar empire did it.
They released what they called "micro expansions". Content wise there were new stuff, but not to much (which was good), most of it was to improve gameplay (like much smarter AI, new and improved relationship system, etc). I found they were much better value than regular expansions (who only added new content, which often unbalanced the game more, rather than make it better).

I think you should release a version with limited amount of features, and something that works well and with little bugs. However, you should have plans (should be taken into account in game design), on how to expand the game. Giving rivals npc's the brains to fight you intelligently is definitely something that should be on that list. I believe Sins of a solar empire had expansions priced for half of what the original cost.

In another thread here, I proposed (if it will be similar to TG2), to have build slots, rather than buildable areas. It offers advantages as you can (if you want to), easily give restrictions to what types of buildings can be built where, and remove the problem with buildings being placed in non-smart ways. In an expansions you could expand on this, by giving build slots a price. By default the town owns unbuilt property at the start of the map, and a player/npc must buy it before he can build there. There could also be build restrictions, but a political office may have the power to lift this restriction to another character for a certain time period (or 1st building built). Another office may have the power to reclaim unbuilt property (back to the town, previous owner recieves nothing). A captain can command where the town's guards should patrol, and heavily guarded areas, are considered more safe, thereby driving up property prices, and inn and church incomes, while making it more difficult for shady characters to operate in that area.
My point is, you can make a basic version in the first version, and later release features that could bring in a whole new market evolving around this (buying and selling build slots/properties).
« Last Edit: 17 August 2011, 10:48:25 by Robinhood1990 »

Offline DaveMurray

• Reputation Power:
  • Muni-cipality Of Chaos
« Reply #21 on: 17 August 2011, 14:12:05 »
i cant agree with that.

Must be "One Time Payment"... Its very anoying if you want play, paying every time for features, for example, if you want make one more building, for simple features help you go forward in the game. Outside from our homes, if you dont know or realize yet, a bad economical crysis hits almost the whole planet, and will still continue to be there for few years..

Tell something like that, to the peoples which they can pay, but not in frequent times. Its a bad time, for such of this "payment models". Will not have any success, and the developers work will be lost...

Neither when you have pay a lot of moneys, the updates and expansions must be available when you only pay every time. This models its not the future. Its a completed disaster, and make the players and the "customers" angry, disappointed, and will make a.... bad reputation.... I see from other games, which follows this path....

Εarn the proper thing which they deserve, in my personal opinion, of course... ;) :)
« Last Edit: 17 August 2011, 17:55:38 by DaveMurray »

Offline Robinhood1990

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #22 on: 17 August 2011, 18:06:41 »
@DaveMurray
I'm not talking about some crappy DLC released every second month. If you look at Sins of a Solar empire, they released two so called "micro" expansions, priced at fairly. The first came a year after the original game, and the second a year after that.
micro is an understatement. They did not just add as much new content, that is normal in a full expansion. However, they also did significant upgrades to ai, better diplomatic system, etc. The content upgrade was primarily to benefit gameplay, and not just to add new stuff. I value that higher.
Since they're not funded, I think they should not overdo the amount of features, as it would most likely just end up in a bug infested, and badly balanced game. Make something that is well balanced and stable first. If you want to pay all in one, you could wait until all expansions have been released, and they release a "gold" version, most likely at the same price that the original cost at launch.

I repeat 2, or something in that manner. Not 10+ releases.

Offline DaveMurray

• Reputation Power:
  • Muni-cipality Of Chaos
« Reply #23 on: 17 August 2011, 18:28:17 »
Sorry my friend, but my primary statement is the same :)

Its a bad time, bad age, bad years now, with the global economical crisis, for this payment models. When you tell in your customer "you will pay after some release cycle, 2,4,6,8,10,12 month (example) for updates, patches, expansions. Every release cycle, you must pay." or "do you want a feature in the game? do you want make building in the place you want? do you want more buildings? Pay! Do you want take more wagons? PAY! do you want change your wagon type with other? PAY!"

Can you understand, your payment model, will make the customers get mad, and after some time, they will abandoned the new game....? Do you want this future to the new game? Crisis dont giving so much freedom in the movements of one company.... The company must be clever, following the feeling of the current age/time.... Sad but true (like metallica says :P), we living in bad times, difficult times :)
« Last Edit: 17 August 2011, 18:30:03 by DaveMurray »

Offline Robinhood1990

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #24 on: 17 August 2011, 21:01:01 »
@DaveMurray
I said like Sins of a Solar empire, which had 2 expansions, not 5 or 10 only feauturing content that feels tacked on, and with little to negative improvements in balance, and AI.
You still talk like I was speaking about a microtransactions model, which I'm not.
I doubt they will be able to make something that looks as good as top titles, so a 60USD pricing range is probably to steep. It's likely they'll lay quite a bit lower to get more sales, so with 2 expansions the total price may very well still be under a "fully" priced game.

Offline Jabberdau

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #25 on: 11 September 2011, 19:47:55 »
Here is something which is probably to late to add or rather implement in the game:

Money as a commodity itself.

The only game I know of that have done this was Childrens of The Nile

The principle here is quite large so I shall leave the details out of it but in all games money just appears out of nothing, when in fact in the old days, more gold or silver had to be mined in order to make money. Or something else that people could agree to use as money had to be used, such as tallysticks or modern day papermoney(which used to be a receipt for gold) This also meant that scarcity could mean a lot of things. For instance, if a payload to a garrison got robbed, those money where gone. No big difference there from other games UNLESS someone is hoarding gold. Then the availibility of money as a commidity becomes scarce and its value goes up. If everyone has 1 gold coin, prices will certainly be different than if everyone has 1 million coins.
Lot of potential in this one, its an interesting subject. Canīt say that I understand it 100% myself but in Childrens of the Nile food was used as money. That meant that if there was a bad harvest, not only could you not pay your workers, they themselfes would have less to spend on things and it didnt matter if those things where availible in abundance to buy. They couldnt produce their way out of it, because there simply wasnt enough money(commodity) to go around.
It would work different in Kontor, but the concept intrigues me. Lots of oppertunities.

Offline tvr1

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #26 on: 28 September 2011, 19:21:55 »
Dear developers. I express my gratitude for a very good project ... Guild 2. Forgive me for my bad English, I used a translator Google.

I would love for you to have carried out several suggestions in the game Kontor.

1 If there will be recruited workers, could you do in the game, and so the school? to be able to hire workers say with some level of skill that he could work better.
2 Could you do such a thing .. Manual worker wages. ie do not pay as it automatically 5-6 $ .. A display in the options of building their wages. It would be very good.
3-Can you help in paragraph 2 do so .. to Artificial Intelligence (AI) could choose for myself .... at which businesses it is better to go where they pay more .. .. and so mn.
4 Could you do so .. that people automatically have evolved .. ie that were not only Factions .. or a family or clan .. and yet so simple and people can raise money and build something .. its update their homes .
5 Could you add more advanced editing features of buildings and businesses? (Companies that factories and so on tp. Sorry for my English). Change the appearance of enlarged .. improve indoor .. Something .. remove something to add. Putting furniture .. buy it.
6 Could you add a game feature (Watch for their appearance) ...? The player can bathe in the lake .. say .. or rivers. that he could buy his clothes .. or delete it ... .. use soap to buy "shampoo" if they were in medieval times) You can also be added to the game of building - Laundry.
7 Could you make this level of complexity to live .. it was just unbearable hard? well as in reality. That the conditions were different .. .. plague epidemic ... hurricanes .. .. frost drought river ... cold?
8 Could you add the ability to rebuild the city (the walls, mix a bit of .. in order to increase the city) for the big game money? Provided that the player will be Merom town of course.
9 Could you please add multiplication in the game? I know that it was in the Guild 2. That simple AI breeding themselves .. but I would like to poor workers and also did .. so players are gradually becoming more and ultimately enable people to "ask to stay at home player" or build some better hotels to donate .. rooms to them.
10 Could you add this feature to the game .... Price for the land. that is an example. say if I want to build a plant in the city ... I'm paying $ 1000 .. but if I build a factory on the outskirts of the city .. .. podaleku then pay only $ 200. That is, to do so .. so only the wealthiest could build their houses in the city .. or close to it. and all the poor people living in the suburbs. So there is in reality .. maybe it would be interesting if you added this to the game.
11 And yet ... in addition to paragraph 10 .. Could you add this feature as "Celebrity-area district" .. .. Ie one area where the environment and other services are well developed ... will be more appreciated among the wealthy and other people .. and of course everyone will want it back.
12 Could you add a few more game features such as ... cleaner lakes or rivers ... .. in case they are contaminated and so on .. as well as people - environmentalists who will be able to watch .. the cleanliness of the city. .. work on sewers and so on. Indeed, in all the Middle Ages people used to shit myself at his feet. Do not miss it.

I hope you listen ... if you liked a few points .. and you decided to take their own ... please email me what items you are interest .. and I still write out the rest of idei.Spasibo you. Sorry for my English.

Offline tvr1

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #27 on: 28 September 2011, 21:19:16 »
Here are a couple of additions at the expense of protecting the game and its distribution.
13 - Do please protect against substitution of data in the game. That is to say .. That it was impossible to simply change something in which the value of money konfig.ini .. and to be a millionaire. in general .. do the normal protection against cheating .. so it was impossible to spoil yourself the joy of the game.There are people like that .. and want to play .. but I still use cheats.

Offline tvr1

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #28 on: 29 September 2011, 12:39:56 »
and no one said anything)

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
« Reply #29 on: 29 September 2011, 12:45:40 »
and no one said anything)

What do you expect us to say? We're very busy and while we do read through the recommendateions and ideas, we can't comment on every of them. Most of the things written in here require us to spend a lot of time to think about it if we really want to give a qualified comment, which is why we only answer when we have the time to do so.

quarterly
quarterly