Shoutbox

Author Topic: Will the game use the same multiplayer systems as all Guild games?  (Read 7366 times)

Offline Mrbloodworth

• Reputation Power:
Re: Will the game use the same multiplayer systems as all Guild games?
« Reply #15 on: 27 February 2012, 22:19:46 »
The Current system used in Renaissance is fine imo.

If it worked, sure.

This issue ( Networking ) Has plagued this series of games from the first title. That's almost a decade of issues and complaints.

They know it, we all know it. Its broken at worst, and unreliable at best.

Dedicated servers are a big craze with non shooters because companies can use it to push for legit copies, and in olden days when dial-up was still the norm to help out those poor SOBs who wanted to host a game. Note that with a Shooter a dedicated server is a must these days to lesson exploits, and to keep things smooth, most RPGs, and Strategy games can handle syncs fine, and even counter out of sync issues; its Guild 2's buggy code as mentioned in the forums that causes all the problems.

No one said you needed a hosted server for the suggestion, nor was the suggestion that the company provide them. A Client that can run in dedicated mode ( No Graphics), or a separate server .EXE ( Ala: Minecraft ) is all that is asked.

Then you can do whatever you want, even buy a host if that's what you want.

P.S. I might be showing my age here, but I do loath the fazing out of LAN, I miss the old days where me and some pals set up computers on folding tables, and milk crates. Ordered some pizza, and gamed the night away...

This is exactly why I made the suggestion.
« Last Edit: 27 February 2012, 22:21:50 by Mrbloodworth »

quarterly