Shoutbox

Author Topic: Hope you keep co-op in  (Read 3301 times)

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
Hope you keep co-op in
« on: 11 June 2011, 00:17:59 »
It just occured to me that I should ask whether or not Kontor will include an option in multiplayer for two persons to play on the same team against AI.  Though not perfect, this option is still a lot of fun in TG2.

As always, thanks in advance for considering it.

Offline casca

• Reputation Power:
Re: Hope you keep co-op in
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2011, 22:09:48 »
i think its more important to concentrate on the singelplayer then on the possibilites on multiplayer in the begining then if it sell alot then maby add it on a patch.

but that just my side of things =)

Offline Raz

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2011, 18:06:50 »
Hi,

First time poster, long time Guild fan. I very much liked the Renaissance add-on, so now I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys in the Runeforge team can do on your own.

And to go back to the topic, I agree with the OP. I very much hope that Kontor will feature a multiplayer mode (and if I may go so far as to say hopefully a little more stable than the TG2 MP mode :P ) I agree the singleplayer mode should be prioritized, but with this type of game I always enjoyed playing with or against someone much more than against just the AI. My hope is the game will ship with full MP capabilities, similar to that of the Guild franchise.

Offline LordProtektor

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2011, 20:25:19 »
Cooperative gaming is the reason i found the guild series in the first place.

Offline Zalzany

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #4 on: 06 January 2012, 16:58:34 »
Starting off I see the Necro warning at the top, but since this is still in page one of the forum, I am not starting a new thread..

No multiplayer = no purchase from me, so holding out on a patch for it is not that great of an idea, because a lot will probably see it the same way. I only play Guild 2 single player to get a feel for certain classes or business, not to mention how each map works out. You need a heck of a lot more to offer from the NPCs before I would consider multiplayer as a "future patch." NPCs families are hardly a threat as is in dynasty mode, and I haven't even taken enough note of them to have a clue what there AI has them do all day, only ones I deal with are ones in power, and typically there not from a family in my town. My idea of "deal" with them is kidnap, bribe, ransack, and run against them in office; so unless I am ransacking there business or taking there spouse hostage, I don't see there day to day lives.

Offline fisker

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #5 on: 08 January 2012, 19:13:51 »
Multiplayer is a must! Please have local network option in this game! :)

Offline Mrbloodworth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #6 on: 27 February 2012, 22:26:01 »
i think its more important to concentrate on the singelplayer then on the possibilites on multiplayer in the begining then if it sell alot then maby add it on a patch.

but that just my side of things =)

This Thinking is what got them in the OOS arena in the first place. Like designing a car, with out thinking of how people will get in it.

Multi-player needs to be core to the development.

Offline Wakko

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #7 on: 04 March 2012, 20:20:22 »
There really should be multiplayer, will be very disappointed otherwise

quarterly