Shoutbox

Author Topic: A Few Questions... and thank you.  (Read 2580 times)

Offline StarReaper

• Betatester
  • Reputation Power:
A Few Questions... and thank you.
« on: 12 July 2011, 03:43:15 »
Let me first say thank you for the team for getting this wonderful and unique game playable. Specifically in a multiplayer sense. I previously got banned from the other forum for mentioning in post (after Pirate came out and the game still barely functioned ;)    ) that before buying any future JoWood games that I would steal them off the net before I purchased them.

I will be honest, this weekend, 5 of us played for several hours with downloaded copies. Still had some issues, found some bugs, OOS errors still there, but low and behold at least for the most part we can restore a saved game, what a grand idea :)

Sunday afternoon we bought 4 copies. (5th person wasnt that into it, will get him) So for providing me a game that was worth the price and worked, I say thank you thank you.

Now my questions.

- Are there certain maps that work better? IE: We were playing on Belley, Macon, Lyon. The economy was really rough starting off no base resources to build off of. Basically had to each take a starting track and feed the economy. Once we got it going the AI seemed to be buying and selling no problem. OOs every now and again.

- Do the difficulty levels do anything besides alter your starting cash amount?

- Why was the court and town meeting options removed? Lessen out of sync or speed? If it was just speed any way to re enable it for Single or Multi Player? Lot harder to get someone you dont like the death penalty ;)

- Your hench men join the battle one at a time, which has been the case since the first game got its first patch, prior to the patch if you had 5 guys, they would all rush to attack an once, was always curious if that was change do to stability?

- When is the next patch roughly going to be released?

- Kontor going to be very similar to the guild?

Thank you! :)

S.R.

Offline FH

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power:
    • Runeforge Game Studio
Re: A Few Questions... and thank you.
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2011, 09:35:18 »
- Are there certain maps that work better? IE: We were playing on Belley, Macon, Lyon. The economy was really rough starting off no base resources to build off of. Basically had to each take a starting track and feed the economy. Once we got it going the AI seemed to be buying and selling no problem. OOs every now and again.

I think that a normal player can answer better to this question, but IMHO the new maps should work better. We changed the old ones so that they're still playable, but now there is even less room to build buildings and stuff.

- Do the difficulty levels do anything besides alter your starting cash amount?

Yes, there are many things that change with the difficulty level. With the next patch even more will depend on the difficulty level, like AI aggressiveness.

- Why was the court and town meeting options removed? Lessen out of sync or speed? If it was just speed any way to re enable it for Single or Multi Player? Lot harder to get someone you dont like the death penalty ;)

It was removed for two reasons:
- to make the game harder
- to shorten the sessions a bit.
Before Renaissance town sessions took too long. Sometimes the player character was only in townhall at meetings.
There's no way to change that besides modding it back in by comparing the files from PotES and Renaissance (Scripts/Cutscenes/Officesession.lua and Trial.lua should be the two files).

- Your hench men join the battle one at a time, which has been the case since the first game got its first patch, prior to the patch if you had 5 guys, they would all rush to attack an once, was always curious if that was change do to stability?

I'd have to look deeper into that, but we had to change fighting behaviour due to several stability issues. :/

- When is the next patch roughly going to be released?

tbh. I wanted to make a lot of changes and work last week, but I had to finish another annoying project first :/ So to say we want to finish the patch in the next month would be risky. The project we can make money with (for some of us it's their normal job, for me it's normal, paid projects) will always have more priority.

- Kontor going to be very similar to the guild?

Yes and no. It depends a lot on how you look at the game and what's the more important parts for you. Kontor will remember people at The Guild and I think you will want to compare the games, but it won't be like Guild 3 or similar.