Shoutbox

Author Topic: Bugfix & Feature Tracker Thread - Legacy ModPack  (Read 35322 times)

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
Bugfix & Feature Tracker Thread - Legacy ModPack
« on: 10 March 2014, 18:17:02 »

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Features & Bugfixes In The Next Release:

- The prostitutes of the tavern are always flocking together, instead of staying where they have been assigned to [Finished] <---They stay put now and still bring in good income if placed intelligently
- Remove Office frequency option in MP (Causes crashes because host selection of this option does not apply to other players for some reason) [Finished]
- Disable Quicksave (Overwrites existing file which causes corruption) [Finished]
- Balance Training Experience Based On Years Per Turn [Finished]
- Fixed Bug in Trial.lua file [Finished]
- Fix AI Host & Guests not showing up to feasts [Finished] <---This will need to be tested by Community. Watch for AI holding feasts regardless if you are invited or not and check functionality
- Possible hospital bug where workers are going to hospital when not sick [Not Finished] <---Needs testing. Mostly Vanilla code should be fixed.
- [Bug] Player does not pay for building protection when AI extorts them. The get service for free [Not Finished]
- [Possible Bug] If officeholder does not show up must be taken out of consideration (If only one person shows up that person gets elected, however if multiple people show up the officeholder who is not present still can be voted for) [Not Finished]
- Fishermen boats stuck in attack mode (possibly caused by watchtowers) [Not Finished]
- [Bug] Cannot repair ships [Not Finished]
- Add XP for scholars as they work [Not Finished]
- $3000 for a club (Check turnery prices) [Not Finished]
- The Pirate's Nest in building requirements it shows some string. Also some names are displayed wrongly when placed on the map (building rank 2 and 3) [Not Finished]
- Pirate ships that are not hidden love to stop moving every two meters [Not Finished]
- Remove extra mill worker [Not Finished]
- Remove "Talk" measure from officesessions and trials [Not Finished]
- Balance Kidnapping Measure (Stealth, Title Comparison, Difficulty) [Not Finished]
- Additional text required for imperial, royal and papal punish measures to keep players in the loop (check other added measures as well) [Not Finished]
- Fix arsenal error where button does not show up to purchase troops for war (need this to gain imperial fame and advance in nobility) [Not Finished]
- Main Character does not have to wait 48hrs to kidnap again. He leaves building and action refreshes [Not Finished] <---Not fixed
- Find & fix "City" Alias not found error that keeps popping up in logfiles [Not Finished] <---Isolated to Script/AI folder
- Find wrong parameter error [Not Finished] <---Worldtrader.lua, DynastyIdle.lua, Repopulate are possible locations based on logfile...Isolate files until location found

Future Considerations:
- Dark Magic To Counter Assassination {Not Started}
- Pope issue Saint/Heretic Edicts (makes burning at the stake harder/easier) {Not Started}
- The dices in the Pub some profit to owner {Not Started}
- Update Auto-equip with Epic Items so AI are balanced {Not Started} <----Difficulty settings would be ideal
- Fix Frozen Trial Bug {Not Started} <---Can only be fixed if logfile is provided
- Fix Judges so that the correct one attends the cutscene so they no longer need a limit {Not Started} <----Queries.lua might be a good start :)
- Fix Auto Business Management {Not Started} Idea-Link
- Rework Top End Political Tree (Emperor on the on the top tier. Pope and Imperial Advisor on the next tier. Then "Head of the Council of Cardinals" on the left, then change the Sovereign office to King and add the Lord General of the Royal Army on the right) {Not Started}  <----remember to remove message for church owners and change council of cardinal donor...
- Implement steath formula for illegal detection & Evidence {Not Started} <---- Formula must take Empathy factor into consideration
- Re-work and Add Measures to lower offices
- Give Emperor and/or King ability to award higher titles
- Addition to become the law mod which allows you to keep the guards happy in order to prevent them from turning on you (currently when they turn on you the result is loss of office, title, workers executed, and main characters involved in illegal actions thrown in the dungeon. This is only applicable when you hold the sheriff office) {Not Started}
- New add/remove family member to group attached to residence (family tree panel pops up and allows you to select your target. Be sure to use filters to avoid ability to select workers or different dynasty) {Not Started}
- Fix for ShadowDynasties dying out during long games (shadowdyn population check of every city on map) {Bug Not Verified, Need More Testing}
- Remove Action bar while character is purchasing title and camera is not focused on him {Not Started} <---Time consuming and annoying to fix because it occurs on almost every cutscene not just when purchasing title. Placed on the back-burner while more important bugs are dealt with

Bugs Located Within Source Code and/or Do Not Exist or Fix: <---Find in files search of the Measure Name, Measure ID number and Filename (for potential scriptcalls)
- Fix AI dance and bathe together measures {No reference within the files that the AI perform these measures}
- Spinning Carts - A fix is possible but the work around loop is too resource consuming and not worth pursuing further. Spinning carts occur when buildings are built too close to roads. Once you have saved and reloaded the game carts will no longer get stuck in that spot
^^You can save your game, and load the saved game to fix the spinning carts. This is the best way to make them stop without access to the source code
« Last Edit: 06 February 2016, 02:23:55 by McCoy! »

Offline pgtest10

• Reputation Power:
Re: Future Features/Suggestion Thread - Legacy ModPack
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2014, 11:24:23 »
Suggestion/bugfix
Bug: When you escape the inquisition by a change of faith, you stay shackled forever since the script doesn't bother to free you after delivering the "You have escaped the inquisition" message.
Suggestion: apart from giving the target sim his/her freedom in such a case, I think a more expanded "escape the Inquisition" model would be nice. For example:
  • add double the henchmen for the inquisitor, but allow them (and the inquisitor himself) to be attacked after reaching the execution site or if the detainee tries to escape. If the inquisitor and his guys are killed then the execution obviously does not take place. Although the people involved are guilty of murder of course and any remaining relations with the religious authority get shot to hell... literally. :) This thought came to me when my catholic sovereign got executed by protestant inquisition in a city he mostly converted to catholicism and had his wife in charge of the city guard.
  • allow the inquisition to be heavily bribed
  • if the religious head meets his/her untimely end before the inquisition gets its victim, the whole hunt gets called off
  • possibility of petitioning the highest imperial authority for protection - if some tough prerequisites are met then the inquisition gets called off; if some even tougher prerequisites are met, then the religious head gets stripped of his/her religious title by an imperial edict and possibly arrested

Suggestion
Shorten the time required for burglary depending on character level. It is a bit ludicrous that my experienced, level 10 rogue needs half a night to steal a 100-odd-coins-worth charity box and a double score of holy hosts from a mostly empty cathedral...
For example:
Code: [Select]
local CharLevelImpact = SimGetLevel("")
CharLevelImpact = (CharLevelImpact - 1)/3

if CharLevelImpact > 1 then
Skill = Skill*CharLevelImpact
end

Suggestion
For player controlled dynasty thugs, do not attempt to automatically plunder enterprises which refuse to pay protection money. It is a silly way to get a lot of pointless criminal record fast, which is definitely NOT funny when you are the chief of city guard and try to keep that post (great balancing mechanism BTW, with the guard rebelling when you get too dirty :)) )... get the thug knocked on the head instead (like 1/3 of HP perhaps?) and add a timer for the dynasty, so the enterprise cannot be pressed again for protection money for another hour or so by the same guys.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2014, 13:47:28 »
I am not familiar with inquisitions. I've never used this feature and have never used it on anyone else. I will definitely look into this but besides the change of faith bug the rest of these will probably be in a later release.

The burglary...here are some tips you may or may not know

1. Scout the building with three henchmen and the booty is increased and burglary time is decreased.

2. There is a level 7 ability called lightning burglary. It reduces the burglary time by 50%

3. Buildings have burglary protection. If a cathedral has full protection then this obviously affects burglary time.

The thief is my favorite profession I have never felt like it should be faster. But perhaps I can make the change based on difficulty settings :)

And I agree with your last request. AI only! This is an easy fix :)

Edit: I'm actually undecided on that last request. If people can get away with refusing with minimal consequences then they will all say no. Fear is what makes this racket profitable.

I might actually make this a button option for the player and use impact timers to control the amount of pay you get and also as a control to decide if the AI will accept or refuse your protection.

I am also undecided how I am going to rebalance the guards turning you in. I was thinking a bribe but that seems too easy...something will come to me lol
« Last Edit: 16 March 2014, 14:08:01 by McCoy! »

Offline pgtest10

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 16 March 2014, 14:50:21 »
Heh, a really quick response. :) I knew about the burglary "speedups", it is just that when I "sacrifice" my top level rogue's time it seems odd that she is so inept... Anyway, a few more pieces of my mind:

Bug
When the judge is imprisoned he/she can still get called up to preside over a trial and get there, and stay there after the trial. It is moronic and besides can sometimes lead to crashes on reload. If the judge rots in prison then he/she can't obviously just get out and go about the ordinary life; or perhaps the trial should get called off altogether without wasting the evidence?

Bug
When a trial is scheduled but the judge loses office in the meantime (for example by being expelled by the sovereign) then the former judge sim still gets called up to preside over the trial. It happened to me once, didn't have time to reproduce the behaviour.

Possible bug
Travelling Folks' artefacts work erratically - Spindle of the Sleeping Beauty, Voodoo Doll etc. They say something along the lines "it worked" (or not - had one theoretically successful use of a voodoo doll and one ending with no message altogether) but there is no discernible effect.

Possible bug
When I use sorcerer's document artefact to create fake evidence about someone, then it does not get an entry into my evidence book. There is an effect, though, since I can order the arrest of the implicated person afterwards.

Bug
With the aggressive "apply for office" strategy it seems that the social status requirements have been somehow omitted for the AI. I have been routinely astonished (well, actually when it became routine it also stopped being astonishing, but oh well... :P ) by upstart Citizens without full legal rights applying for high level offices. If I assidiously keep the low tier offices in my city in the hands of lowly proles then I do it for a reason - to keep anyone from going after MY offices. :)) As it is, I have to do a regular murder sweep, because no matter the official requirements - they will always apply to go up the ladder.

Suggestion
It would be nice to be able to easily gauge your "crime meter" with the guard you control. Something along the lines of the "faith meter", perhaps? :)

Suggestion
If I put a pirate's harbor under AI control, then no matter which controls I put on "manual" and which on "automatic", the ship gets always autoassigned to piracy. There is no way to automate the production while keeping the ship at bay. Perhaps the ship automation could be tied to one of the AI controls and made possible to be turned off?

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #4 on: 16 March 2014, 18:38:02 »
Heh, a really quick response. :) I knew about the burglary "speedups", it is just that when I "sacrifice" my top level rogue's time it seems odd that she is so inept... Anyway, a few more pieces of my mind:

Bug
When the judge is imprisoned he/she can still get called up to preside over a trial and get there, and stay there after the trial. It is moronic and besides can sometimes lead to crashes on reload. If the judge rots in prison then he/she can't obviously just get out and go about the ordinary life; or perhaps the trial should get called off altogether without wasting the evidence?
found and fixed

Bug
When a trial is scheduled but the judge loses office in the meantime (for example by being expelled by the sovereign) then the former judge sim still gets called up to preside over the trial. It happened to me once, didn't have time to reproduce the behaviour.
A good fix for this would require source code. This could happen if multiple court dates are set for the same town. So if a trial is booked a few turns in advance the judge is already set. The only way to prevent this without the source code is to check if the judge is the same. If not then the trial is cancelled OR only allow one trial to be booked at a time. The second fix would require a TINY window that you could present an accusation :P This is because if you accused someone a 2pm by the time time the trial occured a new person could have already taken office. This bug probably was not detected because when this game was first released you had to apply for disposition. This means even though the judge might not hold the office, it did not matter because another office meeting was required for someone else to fill it. This bug kind of sucks actually. Takes away from the game.

Possible bug
Travelling Folks' artefacts work erratically - Spindle of the Sleeping Beauty, Voodoo Doll etc. They say something along the lines "it worked" (or not - had one theoretically successful use of a voodoo doll and one ending with no message altogether) but there is no discernible effect.
In both files if unsuccessful then there is no message. Success always occurs if your stealth is greater then your targets empathy. That said the Voodoo works. There are 4 possible outcomes. The first is that they become extremely intoxicated. The second is that they contract an illness. In the third the code searches for a suitable Sim to attack (essentially the effect makes them aggressive). The fourth is if the code could not find a suitable attack partner, if this happens that person will attack YOU! lol.

The Spindle of the sleeping beauty does not work from what I can tell.
SetState("Destination",STATE_TRAUMLAND,true) <--- This is the only piece of code that refers to a success in that file. The problem is that state does NOT exist in the states folder OR in the guildII.exe (hardcode). So I would say this is broken and needs to be fixed :P

Possible bug
When I use sorcerer's document artefact to create fake evidence about someone, then it does not get an entry into my evidence book. There is an effect, though, since I can order the arrest of the implicated person afterwards.
The effect makes no sense since there is no reference in EITHER of the two files regarding ordering an arrest. In one file I can look at it and know it works. The other I am not sure and probably is where your issue is coming from. I will test to make sure though

Bug
With the aggressive "apply for office" strategy it seems that the social status requirements have been somehow omitted for the AI. I have been routinely astonished (well, actually when it became routine it also stopped being astonishing, but oh well... :P ) by upstart Citizens without full legal rights applying for high level offices. If I assidiously keep the low tier offices in my city in the hands of lowly proles then I do it for a reason - to keep anyone from going after MY offices. :)) As it is, I have to do a regular murder sweep, because no matter the official requirements - they will always apply to go up the ladder.
This was because the AI were killing each other so often that the political tree was always empty. It was added by GeneralChaos and/or DarkLiz in the Misc Tweaks and fixes minimod pack. It may be something I tweak in the future. I have already created a mod that Auto applied the AI to higher office positions if they are available and with the new relations bonus coming the AI as a whole might be less aggressive and die less. Meaning that the office positions will stay filled. This is minor. I'd rather the office positions stay full then worry about title...but perhaps later on I can tweak that also so that higher titled people apply. There are certainly enough of them

Suggestion
It would be nice to be able to easily gauge your "crime meter" with the guard you control. Something along the lines of the "faith meter", perhaps? :)
Maybe on easy setting...but that seems a bit too easy to me. If that existed then the consequences would NEVER happen. Perhaps a guesstimate that gets more accurate the higher your empathy...that might suffice. But this would be something I would again tackle later on

Suggestion
If I put a pirate's harbor under AI control, then no matter which controls I put on "manual" and which on "automatic", the ship gets always autoassigned to piracy. There is no way to automate the production while keeping the ship at bay. Perhaps the ship automation could be tied to one of the AI controls and made possible to be turned off?
Cannot do this without the source code. I cannot alter any AI management. I'm kind of glad too! I'm not a big fan of AI management :D

I will look into some of these things more on my days off :P
« Last Edit: 16 March 2014, 18:49:12 by McCoy! »

Offline Lammiwinks

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2014, 12:19:55 »
Okay some suggestions:

- When the Pope performs miracles he should gain reputation with those in range. E.g. I was wandering out spamming AOE cures on plague infected hospitals. I should get some rep for it!
- My Pope was completely unknown/not famous with either the imperial or the guild when I was elected. I think being made Pope is such a senior position that you should automatically gain Imperial fame when made Pope (or King or Emperor).
- The moneylender set to 'Provide Credits' doesn't automatically do this each day. Therefore when not running a bank with one of my toons I kept forgetting to assign him. Could we make him remember to do this each day?
- Scholars that own a church should get some favour when applying for the bishop position. Not sure if this is possible.
- Maybe have class based extra favour? e.g. A Rogue with a Rightous disposition should be favoured for Marshall?
- Update the judge in courtcases to always be the current Chief Magistrate
- In courtcases whereby the accused has gained immunity or died, cancel the courtcase ,rather than require everyone to show up to say it's off. (Might make the Kings repeal immunity harder to use - so maybe just the death thing).
- Make my own employees cart themselves off to the medicus if they can afford it. They seem to sit there dying unless I pay for it during working hours :)
- Give the King and Emperor the power to expel anyone from office in any of the towns on the map. I know they can excommunicate - but perhaps just expel. Maybe also the ability to strip a title.
- I would love a high court! So anyone with immunity - if their crimes were severe enough (e.g. killing hundreds of people) another noble could bring them before the king and emperor for judgement. Probably not possible though!
- When there is no clear winner of an office, rather than randomly select make it so the existing office holder retains that seat. In other words you need to be clearly voted out to lose it. I think this makes more sense as in the real world you wouldnt fire someone and toss a coin, you'd leave the position as is until they can be clearly dispatched. Will make elections tougher! You'll have to wait until people die to get some seats :)

Bugs:

- When made the Pope, I already had applied for an office (Lease Master lol). I then won the election for it (i tried not to), and it stripped my Pope title and made me Lease Master. I then later won the Pope back (when it re-elected). Maybe make it so being made Pope/King/Emperor automatically cancels you for election at other offices?
« Last Edit: 19 March 2014, 12:27:48 by Lammiwinks »

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
WatchTowers Fixed
« Reply #6 on: 25 March 2014, 01:43:57 »
Canon Towers will now ONLY protect your dynasty buildings and people.
Before they would attack anyone committing certain illegal measures regardless of who the target was. This was a HUGE inconvenience because it severely impacted relations with dynasties that did absolutely nothing to you. The results could be potentially disastrous, especially if one of the dynasty members was an office member...

^^Anyways its fixed and will be in the next release

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #7 on: 25 March 2014, 02:07:00 »
Very nice work.  This next update is going to be AMAZING.  I'm gonna have a Guild party the day you release it.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
Updated First Post
« Reply #8 on: 25 March 2014, 04:21:16 »
Updated the first post to accurately reflect what you can expect in the next release AND my current progress
I also created a list of features you may see sometime in the future (But NOT in the next release)
« Last Edit: 25 March 2014, 04:33:07 by McCoy! »

Offline Lammiwinks

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #9 on: 25 March 2014, 04:57:55 »
Wow Mccoy that looks fantastic! I'm super excited :) You put way more of my suggestions in than I thought you would!

Let me know if I can help with any testing :) I have limited play time but will make any attempt I can to help out! (have tuungle and a vent server and the ability to fresh install easily).

Edit: I keep having an error whereby I still get Cardinal/King/Supreme Commander as the titles in the mod not Pope/Emperor/King. Any idea how I can fix this up? I've fresh installed on 2 different PC's and I've had the error consistently on the Hansa and Vienna. Is it related to specific maps?
« Last Edit: 25 March 2014, 05:04:14 by Lammiwinks »

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #10 on: 25 March 2014, 14:17:36 »
Well this list is way bigger than I expected.  Gonna have to send you some beer/vodka money as a reward McCoy.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #11 on: 26 March 2014, 04:43:18 »
Well this list is way bigger than I expected.  Gonna have to send you some beer/vodka money as a reward McCoy.
Well thank you sir! :)

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #12 on: 26 March 2014, 05:04:21 »
Edit: I keep having an error whereby I still get Cardinal/King/Supreme Commander as the titles in the mod not Pope/Emperor/King. Any idea how I can fix this up? I've fresh installed on 2 different PC's and I've had the error consistently on the Hansa and Vienna. Is it related to specific maps?
I'm not gonna lie but I didn't believe you. This was done and is in most of the older versions. It must have gotten lost in the Misc tweaks and fixes or Teleths mod...
^^This kind of stuff is sooooo annoying

Anyways I checked and you are right...somehow this disappeared from the mod somewhere
BUT it is fixed and has been re-included in the next version :P

^^An FYI anything you see as text in game can be found in your text.dbt folder. If you cannot find it there then it is hardcoded
388   "_CHARACTERS_3_OFFICES_NAME_Feldherr_ATHMO_+0"   "Wer auch immer auf dem königlichen Thron sitzt, hat das Recht, über das Eigentum anderer zu entscheiden. Immunitäten, die einen Kriminellen schützen könnten, halten ihn nicht auf, recht zu sprechen. Mit feurigen Reden kann er sich Gehör verschaffen. Und jene, die es wagen, den König anzugreifen, werden von seiner Königlichen Garde hinweggefegt wie ein Blatt im Winde."    "Whoever sits the royal throne has the right to make decisions over the property of others, after due deliberation. He is also not bothered by any immunities which might protect a criminal from punishment. With fiery speeches, he can easily make himself heard. And those who dare to oppose the king are swept away by his guard like a leaf in the wind"   |
389   "_CHARACTERS_3_OFFICES_NAME_Feldherr_+2"   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Der Thron unseres Herrschers ..."   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]The throne of our ruler ..."   |
390   "_CHARACTERS_3_OFFICES_NAME_Feldherr_+1"   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Königin"   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Queen"   |
391   "_CHARACTERS_3_OFFICES_NAME_Feldherr_+0"   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]König"   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]King"   |
392   "_CHARACTERS_3_OFFICES_NAME_Kardinal_+0"   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Papst"   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Pope"   |
393   "_CHARACTERS_3_OFFICES_NAME_Kardinal_+1"   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Päpstin"   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Pope"   |
394   "_CHARACTERS_3_OFFICES_NAME_Kardinal_+2"   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Eure Heiligkeit, der Papst ..."   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Your Holiness, the Pope ..."   |
395   "_CHARACTERS_3_OFFICES_NAME_Kardinal_ATHMO_+0"   "Die prestigeträchtige Position des Papstes. Päpste sprechen nicht für die Kirche, sie SIND die Kirche."   "The Prestigious position of Pope. The Pope does not speak for the church, they ARE the church"   |

468   "_CHARACTERS_3_OFFICES_NAME_Koenig_+1"   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Kaiserin"   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Empress"   |
469   "_CHARACTERS_3_OFFICES_NAME_Koenig_+2"   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Krone und Zepter unseres Kaisers ..."   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]The crown and the scepter of our Emperor ..."   |
470   "_CHARACTERS_3_OFFICES_NAME_Koenig_ATHMO_+0"   "Diese Person besitzt solche Macht, dass Throne erbeben und die Kirche aufmerksam wird, wenn sie spricht!"   "This person possesses such power that when they speak thrones tremble and the church takes notice!"   |
471   "_CHARACTERS_3_OFFICES_NAME_Koenig_+0"   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Kaiser"   "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Emperor"   |

Since this bothering you and bothers me that it somehow disappeared these are the lines you need to find and delete in your text.dbt file and of course copy and paste these lines in their place
After that it is simply a matter of starting a new game and your office titles are fixed ;)
« Last Edit: 26 March 2014, 05:07:48 by McCoy! »

Offline Lammiwinks

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #13 on: 26 March 2014, 07:01:49 »
Thanks so much McCoy! And it's okay if you don't believe me sometimes... I've heard about the wild goose chases you've been sent on so I don't blame you :).

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #14 on: 26 March 2014, 12:24:33 »
Thanks so much McCoy! And it's okay if you don't believe me sometimes... I've heard about the wild goose chases you've been sent on so I don't blame you :).
That wasnt it..it was the fact that this was done and in previous versions...how the heck did it disappear? lol