Shoutbox

Author Topic: Bugfix & Feature Tracker Thread - Legacy ModPack  (Read 35231 times)

Offline Cider

• Reputation Power:
Re: Future Features/Suggestion Thread - Legacy ModPack
« Reply #15 on: 09 April 2014, 07:50:50 »
I have a suggestion.

Can you rename the German Empire to the Holy Roman Empire? It's kinda bugging me that it's called the "German Empire."

Offline BlazingTimon

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #16 on: 09 April 2014, 17:25:53 »
First off : great mod pack!
it seems to be the most stable as I was able to play MP for multiple hours without any de-sync problems!

I have a question/suggestion.

I clearly remember there being a queuing system for the pawn broker so people arriving for loans would wait for a bit when it is busy.. instead of just storming off immediately when someone else is currently taking out a loan.

It vexes me to no end to see barons and patricians arriving at my pawn broker to take out a big loan and then just walk away.. only because of some Jobless slob currently taking out a measly 30g loan..

Would it be possible to add this function to the pawn broker scripts?

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: 09 April 2014, 19:53:52 by BlazingTimon »

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
« Reply #17 on: 14 April 2014, 20:03:17 »
Getting closer :)

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #18 on: 14 April 2014, 20:07:32 »
I have a suggestion.

Can you rename the German Empire to the Holy Roman Empire? It's kinda bugging me that it's called the "German Empire."
Using notepad++ Open your text.dbt file
use the find and replace feature
Find All in current document "German Empire"
Replace All in current document "Holy Roman Empire"
^^Done!
Furthermore...Any text you see in-game can be searched in that file and changed to whatever you like (only a few things are hardcoded)

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #19 on: 14 April 2014, 20:09:03 »
I clearly remember there being a queuing system for the pawn broker so people arriving for loans would wait for a bit when it is busy.. instead of just storming off immediately when someone else is currently taking out a loan.

It vexes me to no end to see barons and patricians arriving at my pawn broker to take out a big loan and then just walk away.. only because of some Jobless slob currently taking out a measly 30g loan..

Would it be possible to add this function to the pawn broker scripts?

Thank you in advance!
I made a small alteration. If it works great! if not I have no idea how to achieve this

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #20 on: 16 April 2014, 05:16:48 »
I made such a HUGE amount of progress yesterday I decided to tackle some other items on the list...
Unfortunately it took me the entire day to figure out how to correctly allow a draw to go to the current office holder
^^Someone please tell me it was worth the effort ;D

I am also going to beef up the bonus for Nobility titles when the AI are considering casting their votes during elections

Took me sooo long to figure out how to make the draw go to the winner I forget I accomplished a few more things this morning...
In order to be elected for imperial office I have set the code to only search for residents in the Imperial City (hopefully this eliminates some weird bugs people have been seeing)
I also placed in some code to cancel any office applications your characters had if they are selected pope, king, or emperor (prevents you from losing your imperial office)

My attempts to bring a broken trial or officesession out of frozen cutscene mode failed. The only option I can see is to fix ALL the bugs associated with freezing (I broke the officesession code numerous times trying to get the "draw goes to current officeholder" mod to work and could not get it unfrozen. However for any remaining issues try to establish a pattern so the error can be duplicated and fixed)

And lastly I added Shadow Dynasties to my AI Apply for office helper. I apparently removed the shadow dynasties in an earlier version because people complained they could not hold onto office for very long...lol (I read back in my install thread :P)
^^Should not have listened ;D
You will see a lot more AI applying for office in the next version :)

« Last Edit: 16 April 2014, 05:19:45 by McCoy! »

Offline Lammiwinks

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #21 on: 16 April 2014, 05:31:27 »
I made such a HUGE amount of progress yesterday I decided to tackle some other items on the list...
Unfortunately it took me the entire day to figure out how to correctly allow a draw to go to the current office holder
^^Someone please tell me it was worth the effort ;D

It was totally worth the effort! I'm going to love this feature :)

I am also going to beef up the bonus for Nobility titles when the AI are considering casting their votes during elections

Awesome! This makes sense too :) Nobility would prefer nobility, and plus what's the point of running around as a Baron with no power :)

In order to be elected for imperial office I have set the code to only search for residents in the Imperial City (hopefully this eliminates some weird bugs people have been seeing)

This will be little bit frustrating, as we'll see players drawn to only the biggest citys. Although maybe it does make sense as if you were given an Imperial Title you would be expected to move to the capital, this just put the requirements at living their first. I can deal with it... who knows I may even love it. No more Pope's from the small towns however.

I also placed in some code to cancel any office applications your characters had if they are selected pope, king, or emperor (prevents you from losing your imperial office)

Woohoo! Thanks :)

My attempts to bring a broken trial or officesession out of frozen cutscene mode failed. The only option I can see is to fix ALL the bugs associated with freezing (I broke the officesession code numerous times trying to get the "draw goes to current officeholder" mod to work and could not get it unfrozen. However for any remaining issues try to establish a pattern so the error can be duplicated and fixed)

Will keep an eye out for these.

And lastly I added Shadow Dynasties to my AI Apply for office helper. I apparently removed the shadow dynasties in an earlier version because people complained they could not hold onto office for very long...lol (I read back in my install thread :P)
^^Should not have listened ;D
You will see a lot more AI applying for office in the next version :)

Awesome! I can't believe the amount of work you do for this game, and the life you continue to breathe into it. Thankyou, thankyou McCoy!

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #22 on: 16 April 2014, 06:08:55 »

This will be little bit frustrating, as we'll see players drawn to only the biggest citys. Although maybe it does make sense as if you were given an Imperial Title you would be expected to move to the capital, this just put the requirements at living their first. I can deal with it... who knows I may even love it. No more Pope's from the small towns however.
^^Will see after its release if there are any noticeable improvements...it is just a fail safe test before I get too deep and bury myself in that officesession file (after all people said vanilla was fine so I should check my alterations first :P)

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #23 on: 18 April 2014, 21:24:44 »
So far the latest release is looking pretty good - haven't really seen any major problems except the following (I'll add to this as I test more):

AI thieves seem to be going to the proper locations to pickpocket but then they just stand there and don't perform the measure.  I didn't see this happening before but I'm not sure what if anything you changed.  Tried this on just about every map so I can definitely confirm.

Anyway, sorry to be blasting you with bug reports already.  You've done awesome work!

Edit: I did some further investigating and it turns out something wasn't working with AI thieves even prior to this release.  I think I isolated it to the pickpocket.lua file.  Compare the attached version of that file to the one in the legacy mod.  The attached version works, but I'm not sure why.  I just tweaked it until it worked through process of elimination. 
« Last Edit: 19 April 2014, 00:30:31 by General Chaos »

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #24 on: 19 April 2014, 06:44:36 »
Perfect! Thanks Mr.Chaos...it was code I was trying out a long time ago regarding the logfile spam and forgot to remove in that file :P <----That fix is in my files and will be updated when a hotfix or new version is released :)

@Everyone: Surely there is more bugs then just the pickpocket measure....
Test out the new features, play some long games and let me know :)

^^The pickpocket just affects the AI and they are getting money helpers anyways!....so its just superficial and not game breaking
Waiting for some substance for an excuse to release a hotfix or if really bad...a new version :)
« Last Edit: 19 April 2014, 07:00:50 by McCoy! »

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #25 on: 19 April 2014, 13:38:44 »
Oh I'll have more to report.  Here's one that I assume relates to your combat changes:

I've seen huge groups of AI (20+ including guards, workers, etc.) basically frozen in a sheath/unsheathe loop for almost 24 in-game hours.  It eventually stops but it takes a long time.  I saw this before 1.1 but never anything that took this long to resolve.  Will continue playing this weekend and have more to report, I'm sure. 

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #26 on: 19 April 2014, 14:14:36 »
Oh I'll have more to report.  Here's one that I assume relates to your combat changes:

I've seen huge groups of AI (20+ including guards, workers, etc.) basically frozen in a sheath/unsheathe loop for almost 24 in-game hours.  It eventually stops but it takes a long time.  I saw this before 1.1 but never anything that took this long to resolve.  Will continue playing this weekend and have more to report, I'm sure.
^^ might be able to remove those changes now that I know the attack one at a time issue is linked to selecting Multiple characters to attack

^^will test it out on my days off :)

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #27 on: 19 April 2014, 16:57:35 »
Cool, cool.  Don't work too hard on your days off - gotta enjoy them too (unless for some insane reason fixing bugs IS fun to you).

Another thing I've seen that is a longstanding issue not specific to this release (that I know of):

AI will often get stuck trying to do the dance (or it turns out the take a bath together) measure.  Usually I see this when the invitee is busy with something else (e.g., trying to get healed at the hospital).  The invite to dance script might have something in there about not asking if the invitee is busy, or that could be added to the AI script maybe?

Here's a REALLY longstanding issue that I was thinking about.  I saw a massive spinning cart pile up so I saved, reloaded (all in game - no restart required) and it fixed it.  I remember it was determined that spinning carts have to do with certain points on the map that are always the same.  Obviously saving/reloading "resets" something about either these points, the carts, or both.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the cart logic.  I'm wondering if whatever happens when you reload could just be triggered periodically for all carts or the world in general.  There was a mod to pick up a cart and move it, but this fix doesn't seem any better than saving/loading.

Anyway, just my theories/thoughts. 

Edit: just adding to this so I don't spam new posts - hopefully you see this.  It seems that the divehouse trollops/pirate wenches are having a similar issue as the thieves/pickpocketing.  I compared the legacy scripts in the divehouse AI folder to the vanilla ones and there's a lot added, so you must have been doing something there.  The problem is that the trollops basically just stand there after a while in the position where they should be getting customers (salacious services).  It works at the beginning of games but it's like the AI isn't reinitiating the measure or something.  Upon further investigation it looks like all divehouse employee actions are bugged.  The barmaids get stuck standing inside too.

« Last Edit: 20 April 2014, 02:49:17 by General Chaos »

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #28 on: 20 April 2014, 04:51:21 »
Will look at all that other stuff...however I believe I remember the spinning carts and ships as a speed setting issue...as in don't touch and there is no issue :P

^^will try to find and confirm that :P
Just spouting something that nudged my memory

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #29 on: 20 April 2014, 13:57:38 »
Thanks McCoy!

By the way, have you EVER had a corrupt save that crashed when you tried to load every time?  I had one last night but now I'm starting to suspect it could have something to do with the steam version/steam overlay.  You're not using the steam version right?

quarterly