Shoutbox

Author Topic: Bugfix & Feature Tracker Thread - Legacy ModPack  (Read 33938 times)

Offline Vilo512

• Reputation Power:
Re: Future Features/Suggestion Thread - Legacy ModPack
« Reply #165 on: 09 September 2014, 18:28:55 »
Sorry if this is not the place for posting here, but I've been playing this for the last 3-4 years and I absolutely love it. Thanks a lot to the modders.

I wanted to point out a "balance issue", which I can't make it to work out well for me and my friend who plays this as well. He always plays as Rogue (although he also plays with other classes as well, but his main class is rogue), I play as Scholar. The game usually flows nicely, but the amount of money he can make compared to the amount I can make is ridiculous. I mean, I know he's using "bad arts" to gain his wealth, but then the balance issue comes.

Well, he DOES make a lot of money which allows him to hire assassins in his pub to downright kill me whenever he can. We use a "non-written rule" on which we can't assassinate each other at the start of the game, but when it becomes stale and he can't kill me but I can't kill him (or press charges against him either, or accuse him of heresy, whatever) he just adopts a ton of children, then he waits until noon and bam! assassinates every member of my family that isn't the pope or the emperor. He doesn't have more than 1 million, yet he can hire enough assassins to kill 5 of my family members a day. I try to upgrade my titles, but it's impossible to escape the assassin.

My question is if it's possible to tweak the assassin costs or simply be able to stop him if the character is guarded (like he has to fight the henchmen first or the guards if he gets killed). The only limiting factor for this measure is the money, while for heresy/witchcraft is faith, and when you get 300% you needn't be afraid of being accused. While the cost of hiring an assassin can get quite high to kill an emperor, or a pope, it is possible to amass that amount of money. However, you can't lower the faith of your opponents to accuse them.

This issue also becomes dramatically overpowered when you start with an enemy Baron shadow dynasty. They usually kill your husband the day after you are married, and you can't even play. Is it possible to balance this thing?
Hmm...with titles it's VERY expensive to assassinate. I will look at the discount. When I made this mod (before renaissance) there was no rogue pub. Maybe I will remove the feature for the rogues altogether and only make it accessible through the tavern.

As far as assassin blocking goes...I dunno. If something creative comes to mind I will do this. But the whole idea of an assassin is that they are virtually undetectable. Guards prevent your henchmen (brutal thugs) from attacking. There is a reason you spend $100 000 to hire an assassin...

If you have any more ideas on how to realistically balance this better please feel free to share :)

Thanks for the fast reply! I played yesterday with a friend. I played as Scholar, and the only "bad things" I did was to bribe two politicians to get on the chair. My friend played as Rogue, and well, he ended being Walking Nightmare. The thing is... I ended being walking nightmare too! The cost for killing him (we were playing on Hard settings) was of 17000 gold pieces. He says he spent 17k too, hiring the assassin from his pub. Maybe he didn't get the discount properly? Did he got the 20% cut from the assassination AFTER hiring him?

I've got 3 possible solutions to counter the assassination which can be pretty balancing:

• Having a new measure in the Hospital that enables your surgeons to "cure" the dying member at the same cost of the assassination, so it becomes equally difficult to stop the assassination. The Hospital would also benefit from the 20% of the payment, the same as the rogue/patron with the assassination costs.
  • Having the possibility of building an artifact (magic artifact, like the skull candles or whatever) that brings you back from the dead or just stops you from dying. It should need more than 3 units of the artifact so it compensates the cost of assassination.
  • Make the assassin something like a Vampire, so when the sun rises (at 6am), he suddenly stops his measure because "on sunlight he might be detected" and then he proceeds to return you the 90% of the costs of the assassination (the 10% is his to keep because the transport costs, haha)

The last one makes me feel a bit uneasy, just because if you simply go by horse all night all along the city he can't catch you up, but he has to watch where he's ordering the assassination, since he might not catch you up just because you are so far away and gets caught up by the sun.

A second suggestion would be for the Burn a Witch measure, since it's cheaper than the assassination, but can be completely blocked if you have 75% faith. I've got two suggestions so it balances along with the assassination measure.

• When being Pope the limit rises up to 200% (since you can get up to 300% faith), so it's easier to burn people because of being a Pope.
  • Change the faith system for a "difference between your faith and the objective faith", so if the difference is higher than, say 75% you can always burn people (and viceversa)

Finally, two last misc suggestions:

• The beggars should get more money from begging if they have high charisma. Also, the rogue should get some exp (+1 for each sucessful alimony) from begging, not too much, so he gets interested in politics.
  • The dices in the Pub should report some benefit to the pub owner, like a fixed price (750 for the highest stake, 500 for the middle one and 250 for the small one), so he gets some profit for people playing his game

I know it's all Scholar/Rogue centered, but I didn't feel there were any other imbalancing issues with Patron or Craftsman.

Thanks a lot for the replies and keep up the good work! :D
« Last Edit: 09 September 2014, 18:32:11 by Vilo512 »

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
« Reply #166 on: 10 September 2014, 06:10:12 »
I like the second idea...some sort of magic

You're disposition (halo wearer-walking nightmare) is altered by quite a bit more then you think. It does not drop on its own. So you must have been up to some mischief lol.

I have to check out the faith thing...I did a lot of testing when I created that mod and I had no idea that faith went higher then 100% lol. I kind of like that...its a faith stockpile lol. Having said that there is easy ways to accomplish what you are wanting without even looking at the faith. I just need to add a property :). What I'm thinking is a new measure for the pope that accuses the target of being a pagan or heretic or witch and the target will be flagged by the code. And in the burn witch mod if they have that flag it is possible they can be burned at the stake. The idea will have to be fleshed out but I do like it :)

And lastly I really like your second idea about the dice game. More money for patrons = better balance for that class. I will definitely add all this stuff onto my list. Can't promise if any will be in the next version or not but it will be gotten to eventually :)

Offline Vilo512

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #167 on: 10 September 2014, 11:12:31 »

You're disposition (halo wearer-walking nightmare) is altered by quite a bit more then you think. It does not drop on its own. So you must have been up to some mischief lol.

I have to check out the faith thing...I did a lot of testing when I created that mod and I had no idea that faith went higher then 100% lol. I kind of like that...its a faith stockpile lol. Having said that there is easy ways to accomplish what you are wanting without even looking at the faith. I just need to add a property :). What I'm thinking is a new measure for the pope that accuses the target of being a pagan or heretic or witch and the target will be flagged by the code. And in the burn witch mod if they have that flag it is possible they can be burned at the stake. The idea will have to be fleshed out but I do like it :)

And lastly I really like your second idea about the dice game. More money for patrons = better balance for that class. I will definitely add all this stuff onto my list. Can't promise if any will be in the next version or not but it will be gotten to eventually :)

Yay! However, the dice game is only for the Rogue Pub. Any chance to implement it in the tavern?

Thanks a whole lot for your kindness, you're awesome :D
« Last Edit: 10 September 2014, 11:15:08 by Vilo512 »

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #168 on: 11 September 2014, 04:39:23 »

Yay! However, the dice game is only for the Rogue Pub. Any chance to implement it in the tavern?

Thanks a whole lot for your kindness, you're awesome :D
I knew that lol. Oops ;D
And your welcome?!? Lol :)

Offline Latteralus

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #169 on: 11 December 2014, 07:53:32 »
Trial Suggestions

Hey all,

I would like to see a few things done to the Trials:

1. Ability to Hire a Lawyer, this could help you during a case against you.

2. Judge and Jury get paid per case based on severity determined and crime (250 for Judge, 100 for Jury, 500 court fee

3. Accuser has to pay all court costs (including Judge/Jury Fees) when submitting a case, whomever wins the case gets a "reward for time spent"
this would allow for players to make a part-time job out of accusing thiefs and could end up turning badly if you start losing a lot of cases. The payout for the defendant is 500 which comes from the Accusers account, the payout for the accuser depends on severity of crime and what punishment was handed down, the accuser is paid this amount by the accused defendant, Example:

Case 1: John is accused of Murder by George, George pays 850 for Court Fees and Judge/Jury Costs, George Wins and John is sentenced to Death. Reward: 2000
Case 2: John is accused of Robbery by George, George pays 850 for Court Fees and Judge/Jury Costs, George Wins and John is Sentenced to Jail time. Reward: 1450

If you're the Defendant you get 500 if you lose so it makes it worth your time, the accuser has to pay
If you accused the person not only do you get them put away but they have to pay you for it.

(((Also I don't mean for any of the numeral values to be static, as long as there's a better system in place for risk/reward during trials)))

4. Do either one of two things 1. Make more Judge Positions or 2. Make Judge able to attend more than one proceeding per day. I hate having to wait
15 years just to get into court and have them throw out your evidence because it's so outdated.

5. Make it so you can accuse/be accused of more than 3 crimes at one time. I hate having a list down to my ankles of crimes and have to wait for them to go through. (Though this might be better if you could accuse more than once per year)

Misc Suggestions

1. Make it so when you join a war you get a rank (1-10) 1 for first war, 2 for second, 3 for third with increasing rewards.
« Last Edit: 11 December 2014, 08:16:34 by Latteralus »

Offline Gordon Dry

• Reputation Power:
Re: Bugfix & Feature Tracker Thread - Legacy ModPack
« Reply #170 on: 05 February 2016, 20:25:16 »
I can't repair my ship, neither at the harbor nor at the warehouse.
One of my two ships I can't order to move anywhere, it goes a few meters and stops, the sword icon blinks for some miliseconds.
Now, after 1 hour of playing, my quick jump keys no more work. (F1 to F9 to all ports and contors).

So the game is too bugged for me.
« Last Edit: 05 February 2016, 20:35:52 by Gordon Dry »

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #171 on: 05 February 2016, 21:58:30 »
I can't repair my ship, neither at the harbor nor at the warehouse.
One of my two ships I can't order to move anywhere, it goes a few meters and stops, the sword icon blinks for some miliseconds.
Now, after 1 hour of playing, my quick jump keys no more work. (F1 to F9 to all ports and contors).

So the game is too bugged for me.
The ship repair is a new bug thanks for reporting
Will fix both in the next version :)

Offline Andrees92

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #172 on: 06 April 2016, 22:57:39 »
I reported this some time ago, but now after a gameplay of 50-60 years I can confirm that AI doesn't buy player owned buildings. I've had a church for sale for the last 30 years (cant f-ing get rid of it lol) and the AI hasn't bought it. Also buildings seem to get really really expensive for some reason, some mines get to be worth 200k just because they have 100 diamonds on store.

Cheers.

Offline Teleth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #173 on: 08 April 2016, 04:35:25 »
I reported this some time ago, but now after a gameplay of 50-60 years I can confirm that AI doesn't buy player owned buildings. I've had a church for sale for the last 30 years (cant f-ing get rid of it lol) and the AI hasn't bought it. Also buildings seem to get really really expensive for some reason, some mines get to be worth 200k just because they have 100 diamonds on store.

Cheers.
I fixed this issue a couple of days ago, McCoy just needs to release it (it won't repair existing games however). Keep in mind faction AI's won't buy your buildings most of the time - and I'm not even sure in round 50-60 vanilla you can sell buildings to shadow dynasties because there won't be any left. I think dynasty AI buying buildings needs to be looked at eventually also.

edit:
Building value changes unlike vanilla, good prices are not always offered and it's effected heavily by the difficulty setting. McCoy can change the variables there if he thinks it gets too out of hand.
The formula for price inflation is really simple:
Code: [Select]
Cost = BuildingGetBuyPrice()
Cost = Cost * (1 + (ScenarioGetDifficulty() * 0.5))
So a working mine is worth a considerable amount more if it's in use - especially if its stock is full, that's really something that should be revised instead of using BuildingGetPrice() to calculate the base value of a building.

Quote from: Teleth
On easier difficulties you may find them for sale more often than not, but on harder difficulties you could wait as many as five game rounds with a purchase price of triple market value.

I wanted to add more factors into building pricing but had other things to work on at the time. The feature was added so that you were able to actually acquire shadow dynasty buildings (which did not sell at all, unless the dynasty was bankrupt) - but not easily.
« Last Edit: 08 April 2016, 05:22:50 by Teleth »

Offline Andrees92

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #174 on: 08 April 2016, 17:03:27 »
The price makes sense, since I'm playing on hardest difficulty, and actually the price thing was just a comment, I think the prices most of the time are right, I pointed it out just in case it was a bug. Nice to hear that you could fix it and the buy shadow dynasties buildings thing too.
Also in my game there are plenty of shadow AI left lol.
Cheers!

quarterly