Shoutbox

Author Topic: Bugfix & Feature Tracker Thread - Legacy ModPack  (Read 32893 times)

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
Re: Future Features/Suggestion Thread - Legacy ModPack
« Reply #30 on: 20 April 2014, 14:39:02 »
I haven't honestly played enough to give you a current answer. I find SP boring and don't really plan on playing unless we can get MP to a playable state.

However in the earlier versions no I did not ever get a corrupt save. That is an interesting theory though but does not explain how some people made the issue disappear ;)

You played your game...modified the files and then played again. Try reinstalling...

^^you may be right though...when I disabled vanilla chat I played with someone online and used steam chat and we had issues until we started using xfire

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #31 on: 20 April 2014, 23:57:15 »
I have a new theory regarding CTDs and corrupt saves.  How many people having those were using auto-trade routes?  I used to never use these and never had CTD issues but since using them I've had quite a few.  My theory gets more specific based on some observations but I'm curious to know if the CTD-prone folks are using them before I go down that rabbit hole.  Anyone care to share their experiences?

Anyway, a few more bugs:

Take a look at this screenshot:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/432652928565347280/D3F2C8EBF0F2EDB63B06BC475F589F3B3F18E894/

That guy is still working for me even though I fired him.  He's also bugged because even when he was employed he had to be re-assigned every new day (on the farm, which workers don't have to be).

Interestingly, the same guy is featured in this screenshot:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/432652928561797907/2463865D4F1E715A7391ECF6772B85B5865D907D/

I have NEVER seen this state indicator before.  It's called "celebrate" and is apparently applied to performers at a feast in a house's salon.  The crazy thing is that this is an AI house and there were no guests there.  I believe this guy was unemployed and performing there and I hired him mid-performance.  Probably the strangest thing I've seen but maybe this could explain some bugged workers?

Finally, long-standing bug that I might as well mention: vote indicators in an office session are very often not correct.  It'll show someone voting for one person then they actually vote for another.  I assume this is because of some changes that have been made to office sessions, or has it always been this way?  It would be really nice if it worked correctly.

Phew - ok - there we go.  Sorry I'm throwing so much at you.  Seriously this release is really good and I've been playing nonstop.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #32 on: 21 April 2014, 05:55:31 »
We'll postpone the features for a bit and work on the bugs...I'd like to get the feast working and the officesession fully working in the next version
^^I have never seen that measure either that you posted...so many hidden gems in this game :)

Offline PhenomTaker

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #33 on: 21 April 2014, 19:10:25 »
So here are my "bugs" "maybebugs" and "suggestions" from our MP games.

First: Thanks for the mod and all the hard work :)

Gameinfo:
MP Game, The Hansa, about 6-8 hours in 2 games, one without and one with 2 AI. (yeah I know, bad bad AI but..) no OoS yet. ^^ The shadow AI isn't really agressive that's a bit sad, hopefully your difficulties will improve that. :)
Okay the first time trying this mod (about 5-10 minutes in the game), my friend hat 3 bandits in front of his church trying to kidnap him. Was fun to watch :D

Bug:
If you assassinate someone, he will stand in front of his house lurching (?) and it takes about one round until he disappears. I see no need for that to wait so long.

Bug/Suggestion:
As Napi96 said in the chat, coins and documents (bankier) as well as spindles from Vagabund Camp have no demand, so after a few sells you have nothing to make money with anymore. It's not really a bug, but it is missing. Also why "workers" from Vagabund Camp have to sleep? Makes it less profitable as it already is.

Suggestion/Bug?:
More Wars? Don't know how it will affect the population but... more than that one war at the beginning would be nice. Or is it a bug that it won't happen again in the next 50 years? :D

Suggestion:
Mineworkers 24/7 is a bit overpowered. Yes everyone can get a craftsman but just our opinion. So maybe change that again. But not have to. Isn't so bad at all.

Suggestion:
The limit for an Imperial City is to high. We were in the year 1456 (4 per round) and no Imperial City in sight. Then the big widespread deaths (?) started, so the city couldn't grow any further. So maybe lower the numbers a bit so everyone can try the two new offices :)

Suggestion:
Like I said above, hopefully you can make the shadow AI more aggressive, because otherwise it's still no challange.

Question/Suggestion:
Did you change the electors? It's quite confusing who elects whom. Why is consul elected by sovereign and bishop by sovereign and consul? Now the sovereign has full control from level 3 upwards. Which are also the only one who elect sovereign.
We like the old system more.

Question:
Why are so many people fighting each other in the city every now and then? Happens so fast, with so many guards involved that I couldn't find a trigger for that :D

I think that are those things for now. Will absolutely spend more hours in this mod and testing :) a 4 player Free For All is already planned.
Hope these things doesn't sound too bad, it's a really nice mod, all the new stuff, bug fixing, burning people, etc. we like it alot! :)

I will write more things, as I see them.
If you need a little help with testing stuff for balancing or functionally, we would like to help you! :)

EDIT: Oh yes, forgot suggesting the mods we were using before.
Accuser Reward System Just an idea, and no need. Easy to add for everyone.
DD mod v0.1 Not sure if it's needed, seems that your mod already improved the shadow AI

Another suggestion:
Is it possible for the shadow AI to accuse the player? Would need a lot balancing for sure, but without any real AI there isn't really a threat from beeing accused.
« Last Edit: 21 April 2014, 19:26:36 by PhenomTaker »

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #34 on: 21 April 2014, 19:56:00 »
So here are my "bugs" "maybebugs" and "suggestions" from our MP games.

First: Thanks for the mod and all the hard work :)

Gameinfo:
MP Game, The Hansa, about 6-8 hours in 2 games, one without and one with 2 AI. (yeah I know, bad bad AI but..) no OoS yet. ^^ The shadow AI isn't really agressive that's a bit sad, hopefully your difficulties will improve that. :)
Okay the first time trying this mod (about 5-10 minutes in the game), my friend hat 3 bandits in front of his church trying to kidnap him. Was fun to watch :D

Bug:
If you assassinate someone, he will stand in front of his house lurching (?) and it takes about one round until he disappears. I see no need for that to wait so long.
This is new to this version. And it will stay like this unless an official patch is released by the devs. I am curious how many times you tested this though...In my tests they continued about their business for one turn and then went home and died. <----which will save many OoS's late game when AI start dying during officesessions and trials
Bug/Suggestion:
As Napi96 said in the chat, coins and documents (bankier) as well as spindles from Vagabund Camp have no demand, so after a few sells you have nothing to make money with anymore. It's not really a bug, but it is missing. Also why "workers" from Vagabund Camp have to sleep? Makes it less profitable as it already is.
back burner...I have no idea how to affect supply and demand and it would take more time to test then I'm willing to commit at the moment :P
Suggestion/Bug?:
More Wars? Don't know how it will affect the population but... more than that one war at the beginning would be nice. Or is it a bug that it won't happen again in the next 50 years? :D
This is way in the back burner...a lot more critical issues to deal with
Suggestion:
Mineworkers 24/7 is a bit overpowered. Yes everyone can get a craftsman but just our opinion. So maybe change that again. But not have to. Isn't so bad at all.
Not really...You just may not be aware of the powers the other classes possess. Keep playing ;D
Suggestion:
The limit for an Imperial City is to high. We were in the year 1456 (4 per round) and no Imperial City in sight. Then the big widespread deaths (?) started, so the city couldn't grow any further. So maybe lower the numbers a bit so everyone can try the two new offices :)
This is map/game dependent...I can lower it a little bit but on certain maps, multiple imperial cities appear. This is gamebreaking ;)
Suggestion:
Like I said above, hopefully you can make the shadow AI more aggressive, because otherwise it's still no challange.
^^This is based on difficulty. And as I add new features, I add the ability for AI to use them...however AI will always be limited. There is no challenge like playing against real opponents
Question/Suggestion:
Did you change the electors? It's quite confusing who elects whom. Why is consul elected by sovereign and bishop by sovereign and consul? Now the sovereign has full control from level 3 upwards. Which are also the only one who elect sovereign.
We like the old system more.
Was it a democracy back then? I think not...and you simply hover your mouse over office and it tells you who the electors are ;) <---this will NOT be changed. Office meetings were taking waaay too long and overlapping other important coding such as feasts and other AI intelligence coding...this was a good, more challenging and realistic way to solve the problem
Question:
Why are so many people fighting each other in the city every now and then? Happens so fast, with so many guards involved that I couldn't find a trigger for that :D
If a dynasty member is in a fight the workers nearby will help them...there is a bug associated my code that GeneralChaos has identified but the large fights are fine...

I think that are those things for now. Will absolutely spend more hours in this mod and testing :) a 4 player Free For All is already planned.
Hope these things doesn't sound too bad, it's a really nice mod, all the new stuff, bug fixing, burning people, etc. we like it alot! :)

I will write more things, as I see them.
If you need a little help with testing stuff for balancing or functionally, we would like to help you! :)

EDIT: Oh yes, forgot suggesting the mods we were using before.
Accuser Reward System Just an idea, and no need. Easy to add for everyone.
DD mod v0.1 Not sure if it's needed, seems that your mod already improved the shadow AI

Another suggestion:
Is it possible for the shadow AI to accuse the player? Would need a lot balancing for sure, but without any real AI there isn't really a threat from beeing accused.
^^Trials are limited now due to a bug in the source code that does not change the old judge if a new one is elected...however I will see about creating a trial every year in every city (if one is not book by the allotted time by the AI dynasty that has the most evidence....it may or may not work and I am not sure when I would look at doing this
« Last Edit: 21 April 2014, 20:00:29 by McCoy! »

Offline PhenomTaker

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #35 on: 21 April 2014, 21:28:13 »
I am curious how many times you tested this though...In my tests they continued about their business for one turn and then went home and died.
2 times, with 2 assassinated people. We payed the guy (about 3:00, because it's only available between 0:00-4:00)), he went for the people, after that we couldn't control our unit anymore. He went home, going inside, then out again, stand in the front door (death is near) symbol, he disappeard from the group panel and then stand there for the rest of the round until he disappears.
I will try this again and see if it happens again.
Not really...You just may not be aware of the powers the other classes possess. Keep playing
I do, played a lot Pirates of The European Seas a few years ago ^^ We had our own group of players (10-20) with tournaments, points, etc. Enough to say that craftsman, beside the mine, is quite bad for making money. First places were usually Rouge and Scholar. Sure its good for craftsman, but not enough to start with one (because you aren't able to buy it at start). Better start with other classes and choose a craftsman as your woman/man. As I said, no need to change that, just an opinon^^
but on certain maps, multiple imperial cities appear.
Yeah it might be. Which maps do you usually play? We played a lot The Hansa and since Renaissance its pretty rare to get to an Imperial City, in my games at least.
Was it a democracy back then?
No. Then why have elections at all? :P It's just not really reasonable and makes offices from same level harder to get. Like I said, why consul vote for bishop but bishop not for consul? Since the AI does tax changes with hidden taxes, your favour is usally around 0% regardless what you did before, so not likely to be elected as consul. I'm not saying its impossible, but more challenging than bishop^^ If you want to improve the time management from meetings, you should take a look at ... politics mod :P They skipped the part where the electors are listed. Maybe a good idea for shorting meetings in an imperial city.
unless an official patch is released by the devs.
Are there even any devs left? Last patch was 2010 I think :D

One more question:
Will your difficulties affect the start money again? Otherwise I would suggest it, but I think it will^^ We had to modify the config file so we won't start with 10k :D

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #36 on: 21 April 2014, 22:40:24 »
I am curious how many times you tested this though...In my tests they continued about their business for one turn and then went home and died.
2 times, with 2 assassinated people. We payed the guy (about 3:00, because it's only available between 0:00-4:00)), he went for the people, after that we couldn't control our unit anymore. He went home, going inside, then out again, stand in the front door (death is near) symbol, he disappeard from the group panel and then stand there for the rest of the round until he disappears.
I will try this again and see if it happens again.
The unit should perform AI measures until it dies...maybe I made a last minute change...
Not really...You just may not be aware of the powers the other classes possess. Keep playing
I do, played a lot Pirates of The European Seas a few years ago ^^ We had our own group of players (10-20) with tournaments, points, etc. Enough to say that craftsman, beside the mine, is quite bad for making money. First places were usually Rouge and Scholar. Sure its good for craftsman, but not enough to start with one (because you aren't able to buy it at start). Better start with other classes and choose a craftsman as your woman/man. As I said, no need to change that, just an opinon^^
it is not possible to make everyone happy...I did this for the woodcutter hut also so they could help defend if were being attacked, burgled, building being captured...ect (more a human helper then an AI helper)
but on certain maps, multiple imperial cities appear.
Yeah it might be. Which maps do you usually play? We played a lot The Hansa and since Renaissance its pretty rare to get to an Imperial City, in my games at least.
I don't play on any maps except the ones added in Ren (All the maps ABOVE hansa...WAAAAY less buggy ;)
Was it a democracy back then?
No. Then why have elections at all? :P It's just not really reasonable and makes offices from same level harder to get. Like I said, why consul vote for bishop but bishop not for consul? Since the AI does tax changes with hidden taxes, your favour is usally around 0% regardless what you did before, so not likely to be elected as consul. I'm not saying its impossible, but more challenging than bishop^^ If you want to improve the time management from meetings, you should take a look at ... politics mod :P They skipped the part where the electors are listed. Maybe a good idea for shorting meetings in an imperial city.
Getting rid of the officesession is actually an excellent idea I had not considered. It would free up a ton of space throughout the day for trials. But to answer your question, the ruler could not perform his tasks so he designated a select few and the select few then designated below them as well. This representation through the current officesession is much more accurate then having a full out democracy. However if in the future I do decide to keep the officesessions I will have a look at the political mod officesession file and shorten them even more if I can.
unless an official patch is released by the devs.
Are there even any devs left? Last patch was 2010 I think :D
Yes they frequently post in the shout box. They have bills to pay and will not ever release another full patch for this game. However I did find something I could not work around because it was locked in the source code so I requested them to have a look and release a micro-patch if it was something that could be altered very easily...take into account that the request may prove to fix the OoS issues in MP games & also fix the frozen trials and officesessions that sometimes occur and I have isolated the location and exact coding of the issue....
One more question:
Will your difficulties affect the start money again? Otherwise I would suggest it, but I think it will^^ We had to modify the config file so we won't start with 10k :D
Again this is something that everyone will have a different opinion on. I may increase the funds for easier settings but I don't think I will reduce them.

Offline PhenomTaker

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #37 on: 22 April 2014, 02:57:43 »
Again this is something that everyone will have a different opinion on.
yep sure, but this was in the original game settings, therefore I thought it would be "replaced" but okay, it's easily changeable :)
(All the maps ABOVE hansa...WAAAAY less buggy ;)
Yeah... first time i played one of those maps with two friends, the offices shutdown because "the town was growing" but never did, so we weren't able to apply for offices anymore ;) but about 4-5 months ago, maybe I will give them another try :P

Nice to hear that about the devs! Keep up that good work :)

EDIT: Hold on :O I thought that those fixes from 1.10 will be the next update... but the .exe is already 1.10 therefore I have a bug.
- Only those living in Imperial Cities can become Emperor, King or Pope
See:
http://s7.directupload.net/images/140422/8h8ku74t.png
http://s1.directupload.net/images/140422/5jhot5mj.png
http://s14.directupload.net/images/140422/ggovs5fb.png

Also my game crashes after 1-5 minutes in the game, on map Archduke of Tirol (same on Kurstein Area). It also seems that there are spawning carts every few seconds? And that pathfinding though :D Think I'm not using this map^^
http://s1.directupload.net/images/140422/457j7gs5.png
http://s14.directupload.net/images/140422/b2uj7vx6.png
http://s7.directupload.net/images/140422/r58cfpo9.png

Bug:
Attacked carts per waylay will teleport to the destination market, so after the fight they will run all the way to the market to take the stuff from it. Seems to happen on every map. Makes waylay pretty uneffective.^^
http://s1.directupload.net/images/140422/d3ya6fli.png
http://s14.directupload.net/images/140422/tt6l4hyg.png
« Last Edit: 22 April 2014, 04:44:48 by PhenomTaker »

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #38 on: 22 April 2014, 16:36:46 »
Thanks for all the help :)
Keep playing and reporting bugs!
The more bugs you find now the better the next version will be :)

And awesome job to identify the waylay cart issue! I know exactly where to look now :)

Does the spinning cart issue still exist? And are characters still getting stuck? <--- I am just wondering if the pathfinding code is achieving its goal...if these occurrences produce a movement error then it should be fixed :P

Offline PhenomTaker

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #39 on: 22 April 2014, 20:22:40 »
Does the spinning cart issue still exist?
Actually yes, I think, but I've seen it only once since I use your mod. It also fixed it by itself. But here is the location, if it helps:
EDIT: I'm not quite sure, if this happend with your mod... maybe I'm wrong and it wasn't, not sure.
http://s7.directupload.net/images/140422/5tbxw9oc.png
(The Hansa of course ;) )
I will watch out for spinning carts, in my next rounds.
And are characters still getting stuck?
What do you mean? The assassination stuck thing? I will have a look at it now.
EDIT: Here is a video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VssAE9cXcDo
« Last Edit: 22 April 2014, 21:59:18 by PhenomTaker »

Offline Lammiwinks

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #40 on: 23 April 2014, 00:41:18 »
Just my 2c- I'm playing the Hansa in my current playthrough and we had an Imperial City not too far into the game. I'd suggest maybe a re-install? If anything I think they come along slightly too soon (hence McCoy saying he can't please everyone!) ha ha.

I do admit the AI doesn't book trials in during the window very much - but it's probably something McCoy can tweak. What we used to see was multiple people being charged and some electing to imprison. Perhaps the trials are so few as the AI may in fact be charging people but they're opting to imprison instead.

Out of interest Phenom - have you installed those additional mods on top of McCoys? If so you're likely to have problems :)

Offline PhenomTaker

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #41 on: 23 April 2014, 01:37:41 »
I do admit the AI doesn't book trials in during the window very much
Shadow AI never does it, thats the point ;) (or was it changed in Renaissance?) because in his OoS Thread he suggest to play without "real" AI, because OoS can happen, when any of these AI dies. So if we have to play only with shadow AI it would be nice if they book trials too, like a replacement for it.

have you installed those additional mods on top of McCoys?
No no, those mod I posted were used before the legacy mod, I only added those reward in trials by myself, but that shouldn't cause much trouble ;)

we had an Imperial City not too far into the game
Yeah, in my singleplayer game Hamburg is current at 395 people... guess we weren't lucky enough in that game ^^
(EDIT: yeah... no... 395 only because there is a war and they were recruit, now they are dying and the population is now at 256:D)

EDIT: A re-install wouldn't change that, its veeeeeeeeeery unlikely that it is/was an install error^^
« Last Edit: 23 April 2014, 01:57:42 by PhenomTaker »

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #42 on: 23 April 2014, 02:30:16 »
Does the spinning cart issue still exist?
Actually yes, I think, but I've seen it only once since I use your mod. It also fixed it by itself. But here is the location, if it helps:
EDIT: I'm not quite sure, if this happend with your mod... maybe I'm wrong and it wasn't, not sure.
http://s7.directupload.net/images/140422/5tbxw9oc.png
(The Hansa of course ;) )
I will watch out for spinning carts, in my next rounds.
And are characters still getting stuck?
What do you mean? The assassination stuck thing? I will have a look at it now.
EDIT: Here is a video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VssAE9cXcDo
Spinning carts auto fix? So awesome! :)
If any of you know how to enable your logfiles please do so. When you encounter a spinning cart hover your mouse over it and find a name...post the name and the logfile and I will try and find the error it produces in the logfile. <--- this way I can keep the spinning cart fix but remove the issue with waylaying (if they are different errors). Basically just fine tuning...

And as I said the assassin bug wont be fixed without the devs help...I am talking about errors where Sims are getting stuck and can't move. they stay stuck there forever. Even human players can not use those characters...

^^Maybe I will beta a version without the current pathfinding fix and we can try isolating it the same way as the carts :)
That's what I'll do...it will make both easier to find :)

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #43 on: 23 April 2014, 02:37:01 »
Just my 2c- I'm playing the Hansa in my current playthrough and we had an Imperial City not too far into the game. I'd suggest maybe a re-install? If anything I think they come along slightly too soon (hence McCoy saying he can't please everyone!) ha ha.

I do admit the AI doesn't book trials in during the window very much - but it's probably something McCoy can tweak. What we used to see was multiple people being charged and some electing to imprison. Perhaps the trials are so few as the AI may in fact be charging people but they're opting to imprison instead.

Out of interest Phenom - have you installed those additional mods on top of McCoys? If so you're likely to have problems :)
There can only be one trial per city booked at any given time :P If AI always applied human players would not ever get to accuse anyone. I did see the AI charge in my tests so it does happen...just probably not often enough :P

^^and correct I am thinking about adding a tweak that books a trial for the AI with the most evidence in every city if one is not booked by the allotted time :)

Edit: As far as imperial cities go...try a new game. What you are describing is much more likely to happen on a small map with less cities. I think what you encountered is possible but very rare on a map like Hansa
« Last Edit: 23 April 2014, 02:41:51 by McCoy! »

Offline PhenomTaker

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #44 on: 23 April 2014, 02:48:53 »
As far as imperial cities go...try a new game. What you are describing is much more likely to happen on a small map with less cities.
I don't know, i've played a lot games in the last days... currently playing on Hansa with all 4 cities and I'm in year 1452 i got:
Hamburg: 279
Danzig: 264
London: 196
Bergen: 143
still no imperial city

EDIT:
Bug:
If the severity is on severe it will still decrease the "bar". So it has the same effect as humane.
Humane has still its originally effect. (tested)
Just will decrease too. (tested)
So everything will have the "humane" effect, can anyone confirm this?

"Bug":
If one of your worker is dying you can cancel that option and use him a bit more. After awhile he/she will still go to die.

Bug:
I can tell my worker to do other stuff (like gain believers) before they start to work.
Tested only with church worker.
« Last Edit: 23 April 2014, 05:40:16 by PhenomTaker »

quarterly
quarterly