✔ Supported
0 (0%)
✔ Additional Files
0 (0%)
✖ Savegame incompatible
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: 23 June 2014, 03:34:42

Author Topic: [REL] Forged Epic Items v3.3  (Read 32811 times)

Offline Nekuratu

• Reputation Power:
  • I'll be back!
[REL] Forged Epic Items v3.3
« on: 16 June 2014, 03:34:42 »

Short description
Forged Epic Items Mod is a mod based on items in a great measure. With this mod you have the possibility to craft the Epic Items at one of your workshops but not only that. Many other new items awaits to be manufactured or weared by you or your men, you can train your workers, improve your buildings for a period of time, or extract ore from mines and then process it into ingots at any time.

Features - v3.3

Lordly Fog
For full features list click HERE

Ultimate Mine

Elixir Of Power

Ancient Amulet

16 Storage Slots

Balanced Bonus Payment

Old Statue
Equip a building with this statue and you can choose one of these three bonuses: productivity, protection against burglary and protection against fire. The effect will last 24 game hours and can be reused in 48 game hours. You will get your chosen bonus depending on the difficulty level of your game: 80% on Very Easy, Easy 60% on Medium 40% on Hard, Very Hard.
The Old Statue is manufactured in Stonemason Hut (Level 3 building).

No Bailiffs
I removed the bailiffs because I added more guards.

Guards with nice stats & equipment (Idea & Coding: McCoy! & Nekuratu)
The City Guards are equipped depending on the difficulty level of your game and they have the stats depending on the difficulty level of your game.

Train Character
Instead of 75 XP per training session, now you will get XP depending on the difficulty level of your game: 350 XP on Very Easy, Easy 250 XP on Medium 150 XP on Hard, Very Hard.

Train Workers
Now you can train your workers inside your house, one character at a time, no matter if he/her is dynasty player or one of your workers. The training session will last 24 hours and you will get XP depending on the difficulty level of your game: 9000 XP on Very Easy, Easy 3000 XP on Medium 1500 XP on Hard, Very Hard.

3 Weapons ported from v3.0 to v3.1
You can forge/purchase the following weapons: Battleaxe, Battle Sword and Warhammer. Battle Sword is forged inside of Armour Forge (Level 3 building) and the Warhammer & Battleaxe inside of Joinery (Level 3 building).

2 weapons for City Guards only
GuardsAxe and GuardsSword are only for the City Guards, normally they will equip those weapons automatically when your difficulty level of your game will be on Medium or Hard, Very Hard. You cannot acquire those weapons no matter what.

Epic Items
War Cuirass, War Helmet, War Bracers, Heavy Axe, Heavy Sword: are the most wanted items it seems. You can forge them one by one, you can wear them, equip your thugs with them or sell them for a good price at market. However, these items are slightly weaker than the original epic items.

Perfect Leader
A new ability, available only for King. Difficulty settings added, if the difficulty level is smaller or equal with two(2) you will receive 5 points of All Skills and your fellows in your range will receive 3 points of All Skills. If the difficulty level is bigger than two(2) you will receive 4 points of All Skills and your fellows in your range will receive 2 points of All Skills. The effect will last 24 game hours and can be reused in 48 game hours.

Wisdom
A new ability, available only for the office of Supreme Judge. Difficulty settings added, if the difficulty level is smaller or equal with two(2) you will receive 5 points of Rhetoric and your fellows in your range will receive 3 points of Rhetoric and if the difficulty level is bigger than two(2) you will receive 4 points of Rhetoric and your fellows in your range will receive 2 points of Rhetoric skill. The effect will last 24 game hours and can be reused in 48 game hours.

AI buy the new items
Added War Cuirass to ms_AIBuyArmor.lua so the AI will buy and equip the armor if is available.
Added 5 weapons to ms_AIBuyWeapon.lua so the AI will buy and equip the weapons if are available.

Reworked items
The following items who gives you 2 skill points in vanilla are reworked - difficulty settings added, if the difficulty level is smaller or equal with two(2) you receive 2 points and if the difficulty level is bigger than two(2) you will receive 1 point.
Belt Of MetaPhysic, Camouflage Cloak, Dr Faustus Elixir, Dartagnans Fragrance, Mead, Walking Stick, 215_UseArgusEyeglasses ???, Money Bag, Cart Booster, Poisoned Cake, Argus Eyeglasses(item twice?), Oriental Carpet, Oriental Statues, Oriental Tobacco, Robe (The impacts will depend on the game difficulty level).

Forged Epic Items 3.3 DOWNLOAD
Mediafire link HERE

Installation
After download, copy & paste the folder in your \The Guild 2 - Renaissance\mods\ and install it via ModLauncher.
Before installing any mods via ModLauncher, always make a backup of your files (DB and Scripts folders I recommend).

If you find any bugs please let me know.
If you have any questions please ask. I will respond in the shortest time possible.
Thanks go to dukthepope, DarkLiz, McCoy!(credits also for coding), General Chaos, Latinsnake, sublogic and MoK for their ideas.

« Last Edit: 08 August 2016, 13:52:34 by Nekuratu »
EN: I robbed landowners wholesale, until I reached the top ten. | RO: Am jefuit boieri cu toptanul pana am ajuns in top ten.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
Re: [WIP]Forged Epic Items
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2014, 04:08:35 »
Okay...that is just awesome!!! :)
Once you think you know everything this game has to offer someone finds something else lol

Offline dukthepope

• Betatester
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2014, 13:20:51 »
This is quite interesting, but may make crusade less worthy. In contrast, smithy does indeed should have similar ability to make playing it funnier. I usually find craftsmen class have less 'features' than other class.

Offline Nekuratu

• Reputation Power:
  • I'll be back!
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2014, 13:37:39 »
First of all thank you both  McCoy! and dukthepope.

This is quite interesting, but may make crusade less worthy. In contrast, smithy does indeed should have similar ability to make playing it funnier. I usually find craftsmen class have less 'features' than other class.

Somehow you're right, but the items will not be charity will require both time and materials and will not be so easy to manufacture conveyor of a player that plays fair.
So the best option is to have them by calling a crusade.
Incidentally I tried to fabric an epic armor and 5 people plus my character lv10, 13 points handicrafts lasted nineteen hours :)) how about that;)). Anyway if you have any suggestions I'm all ears.

Sorry for my bad English, see you soon with new pictures !!!
EN: I robbed landowners wholesale, until I reached the top ten. | RO: Am jefuit boieri cu toptanul pana am ajuns in top ten.

Offline Nekuratu

• Reputation Power:
  • I'll be back!
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2014, 14:30:50 »
Here we are again:

1. Epic armour, epic helmet and epic sword to the Armour Forge.
Shots
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

2. Epic axe to the Joinery.
Shots
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

3. Epic bracers to the Goldsmithery
Shots
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

There's a lot of work on them if I want to be nice and balanced. Oriental Carpet, Oriental Statues and Oriental Tobacco I still think that would fit where... any suggestions ?

« Last Edit: 16 June 2014, 14:36:07 by AND0R »

Offline DarkLiz

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2014, 14:45:25 »
I think this is a good idea too, so long as its expensive/uses rare items and is time consuming to make... which is how it sounds like you have it planned.

This would make yet another cool but virtually inaccessible feature (epic items) more accessible. Very cool!

Incidentally, the other stuff that's available from the crusades, the oriental tobacco, statue, and carpet, can be obtained through the "summoning" action using the Magic and Alchemy mod (which is included in McCoy's Legacy Modpack),  though they're not reliably producable... they can show up randomly (along with a few other less rare items) when your magic goes wrong in a good way (magic is unpredictable), and that only happens rarely (less rarely the higher your Arcane Knowledge skill is), and the tobacco is the most common result of the three crusade-specific items.

Once you upload the working mod files I'll add the Forged Epic Items mod to the main mods list.

:)
Remember to make a backup copy of your files before modifying them.

Offline DarkLiz

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2014, 14:50:53 »
If you wanted to make the tobacco, statue and carpet producable in workshops that would be cool too, but they shouldn't be made in the forge.

Rather, the carpet might be produced in the tailor shop or even the vagabond camp, the statue might be produced in the stonemason shop (there is one of those, right?), and the tobacco might be produced at the magic shop/inventor's workshop, or even at the rogue pub (dive house). ...just some ideas where they might be produced that might make more sense.
Remember to make a backup copy of your files before modifying them.

Offline Nekuratu

• Reputation Power:
  • I'll be back!
« Reply #7 on: 16 June 2014, 15:04:54 »
Thank you for the quick reply and for suggestion,  I appreciate.

Offline Latinsnake

• Betatester
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #8 on: 16 June 2014, 15:49:15 »
I like your idea, but the epic items shouldn't all be golden/all the same style.

Each should look unique, there could be a fancy golden helmet and a black shining armor for example. Just to underline the indviduality of the goods and so that they don't look like a simple additional production-line.

Offline Nekuratu

• Reputation Power:
  • I'll be back!
« Reply #9 on: 16 June 2014, 16:09:25 »
Latinsnake thank you for the reply.
If it will be a future version then I will add items completely and totally new besides the items that are now. But it's too early to talk about them now.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
Re: [REL]Forged Epic Items
« Reply #10 on: 17 June 2014, 04:23:20 »
If? Why if? Stick around join the team :)
If you want to learn more, I'd be more then happy to work with you :)

Offline Nekuratu

• Reputation Power:
  • I'll be back!
« Reply #11 on: 17 June 2014, 14:12:51 »
Pleasure will be at my side, McCoy! !

Offline Nekuratu

• Reputation Power:
  • I'll be back!
« Reply #12 on: 21 June 2014, 14:48:08 »
Would you like that in Forged Epic Items v1.0, Epic items to be built in a separate building from the other ?
A building called Epic Forge maybe ?
Also would you like to have the items description different from those taken from the Crusade ?
And the last question: Would you like that epic items have a smaller/bigger, damage/protection ?

Please feel free to respond, I want to find as many opinions as possible.

Thanks !

Offline dukthepope

• Betatester
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #13 on: 21 June 2014, 15:30:18 »
Epic item should be built in normal building (like you showed in your first post)
Description should be different. For example: "Have you ever heard of .... Now, power of Saladin is in your hand", etc. Well, kind of that, I'm not good at it, though. The name may need some note, too, just to differentiate the two version.
The created item should be a little weaker than the origin, (like Teleth did with gunsmith) so the hard earn from crusade items still have something to proud in themselves.
That's my opinion, thanks for your effort.

Offline Nekuratu

• Reputation Power:
  • I'll be back!
« Reply #14 on: 22 June 2014, 04:45:25 »
Epic item should be built in normal building (like you showed in your first post)
Description should be different. For example: "Have you ever heard of .... Now, power of Saladin is in your hand", etc. Well, kind of that, I'm not good at it, though. The name may need some note, too, just to differentiate the two version.
The created item should be a little weaker than the origin, (like Teleth did with gunsmith) so the hard earn from crusade items still have something to proud in themselves.
That's my opinion, thanks for your effort.

First thank you for showing your interest, I appreciate.
I like what you say above but that means to clone the items and the "NameOfTheItem.tga" is unavailable in any files(Hard coded?). If I change the item name the game will not recognize it and will show me IN GAME at the building improvement screen instead of the item a picture with " ? ". After many hours of damn work, thinking and search in absolutely all files(I even tried to decode some files on the one hand worked more or less), I finally managed to clone the items. The only thing left to do is to test them one by one until they reach perfection(joking with perfection).

Have a good day!

quarterly
quarterly