Shoutbox

Author Topic: Need Help with my Hospital  (Read 4698 times)

Offline andybatee

• Reputation Power:
Need Help with my Hospital
« on: 28 June 2014, 06:20:09 »
Why there are too few patients coming to my Hospital?. how to make many of them coming to my hospital. :)

Offline DarkLiz

• Reputation Power:
Re: Need Help with my Hospital
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2014, 08:35:49 »
Well, if you have a tinctuary (or one of the upgraded buildings based on the tinctuary) there are a few unscrupulous things you can do to make the townspeople sick.

One is Toad Slime. Its and item you can produce in the Mage's workshop. You put it on a building and then anyone who enters or exits that building has a chance to get sick.

Another option is poisoning the well. I think the idea behind this is that it makes people feel rotten so they'll buy more herbal tea from your tinctuary. I can't remember which upgrade gives you that option.

But be careful, both those actions are illegal. Just don't let anyone see you.  ;)

Another thing you'll want to do is make sure your hospital has the upgrades that increase "attractiveness". That helps.

But I've found the income from sick people coming into the hospital to be somewhat unreliable. Sometimes there's nobody, and sometimes the hospital is full.

Better to make Miracle Cures and sell them on the street using the "Quacksalver" action. If your character has a high Rhetoric skill you'll make a lot of money.

Its all about being unscrupulous when you're a scholar. lol

Hope that helps.
Remember to make a backup copy of your files before modifying them.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2014, 14:16:00 »
There is an item called "Secret Mixture". If you can't find it in the marketplace I think it can be made either in Mage Guild or Inventors workshop. Put it on your characters inventory and when you click on him a button will show up. Click the button and select a target in your town. It will give that person the plague (blackdeath). It will soon spread and you should have half the town coming to you needing to be healed ;)

Offline DarkLiz

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2014, 16:53:52 »
I believe the Secret Mixture is made in the hospital.

I seem to remember giving someone the plague and being disappointed that it didn't spread though. Maybe it was a fluke. I'll have to try that again. <evil laughter>

« Last Edit: 28 June 2014, 23:18:57 by DarkLiz »
Remember to make a backup copy of your files before modifying them.

Offline andybatee

• Reputation Power:
Re: Need Help with my Hospital (The Question is Answered)
« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2014, 22:05:05 »
Allright. I think the topic is now close due to all perfect answers for me. Thank you very much. Now Let me continue playing.

Offline Begemot

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #5 on: 13 October 2014, 00:35:30 »
Why there are too few patients coming to my Hospital?. how to make many of them coming to my hospital. :)

A good position for a hospital is a very important thing. I had tried to place a hospital in different sides of a town and there were huge differences for the coming of patients.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #6 on: 13 October 2014, 08:37:55 »
Definitely more details and explanation needed  :o ;D

Offline Kagus

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #7 on: 13 October 2014, 14:39:19 »
I also found the actual treatment wages to be a bit meh, most of my hospital-related income is from selling soap and of course quacksalving (so much so that I bought up the other pesthouse in town and have dedicated it purely to creating and hawking more miracle cures).  I mainly find it useful in that I can cure any of my own dynasty for free, without having to worry about the NPC-controlled business having the right medications or having enough staff on hand.

Speaking of staff, I think the healers are in desperate need of some AI tweaks...  I've popped in a number of times to find 2-3 people waiting in line to get treatment while the two permanently on-duty doctors just sat in the corner and chatted.  I'd have to remove and then reapply the "treat patients" job in order to get them to wake up and actually do what they're supposed to; left unattended they'd just sit there and chat until the patients reached the 3-hour timer and left.

I've honestly never had much luck with Toad Slime, even after the supposed fix applied by the Legacy mod, and even then it can be quite difficult to find a good target for using it.  Never got the chance to use the Secret Mixture, because that requires a Ghostly Fog ingredient which can only be produced at a high-level inn, which in turn requires you to also be pretty smooth on the Patron front as well as the Scholar side of things.  As for poisoning wells, as far as I can tell the character who is set in charge of a tinctury automatically gets the ability as soon as they're set in control of the building, even if it's fresh out of the dirt.  Furthermore, although I've only tried it with the Legacy mod, it seems as though it's either not classified as an illegal act or is entirely impossible for anybody to detect, unlike the aforementioned Toad Slime and almost certainly the Secret Mixture, which will VERY quickly wind up with you getting a thrashing and most likely a court case.  And it really only seems to just directly change the buying/selling price of herbal teas for a short period, can't recall seeing any more illnesses.

But if we're going to get purely hypothetical, you could also use firebombs to sabotage a building.  People running close to the fire have a good chance to get the "burn" affliction, which requires medical treatment.  Even if it just wears off on its own, they'll be rather injured and will probably seek attention anyways.

...none of this is a guarantee that they actually will seek medical help, and even if they do there's again nothing saying that they'll be deemed to have enough money to pay for it.  I've had patients come in with assets of 300k+ get examined and then turned away because they apparently can't afford the treatment.

Although, then again, I suppose I can't really blame them...  In the game I'm running right now I've got 24/7 miracle cure sales which also gather people together for my pickpockets to pilfer and then they all get called to purchase hosts during mass in my church because I've converted everybody in the city to the Protestant faith, and after all that they have to go and pay back their loans with interest to one or both of my banks!

Basically, everyone's screwed.  'Cept me, 'cause my wife's the Queen and I make almost all my real income off of randomly punishing rich subjects with excessively high fines because they look shifty.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #8 on: 13 October 2014, 15:01:57 »
I also found the actual treatment wages to be a bit meh, most of my hospital-related income is from selling soap and of course quacksalving (so much so that I bought up the other pesthouse in town and have dedicated it purely to creating and hawking more miracle cures).  I mainly find it useful in that I can cure any of my own dynasty for free, without having to worry about the NPC-controlled business having the right medications or having enough staff on hand.

Speaking of staff, I think the healers are in desperate need of some AI tweaks...  I've popped in a number of times to find 2-3 people waiting in line to get treatment while the two permanently on-duty doctors just sat in the corner and chatted.  I'd have to remove and then reapply the "treat patients" job in order to get them to wake up and actually do what they're supposed to; left unattended they'd just sit there and chat until the patients reached the 3-hour timer and left.

I've honestly never had much luck with Toad Slime, even after the supposed fix applied by the Legacy mod, and even then it can be quite difficult to find a good target for using it.  Never got the chance to use the Secret Mixture, because that requires a Ghostly Fog ingredient which can only be produced at a high-level inn, which in turn requires you to also be pretty smooth on the Patron front as well as the Scholar side of things.  As for poisoning wells, as far as I can tell the character who is set in charge of a tinctury automatically gets the ability as soon as they're set in control of the building, even if it's fresh out of the dirt.  Furthermore, although I've only tried it with the Legacy mod, it seems as though it's either not classified as an illegal act or is entirely impossible for anybody to detect, unlike the aforementioned Toad Slime and almost certainly the Secret Mixture, which will VERY quickly wind up with you getting a thrashing and most likely a court case.  And it really only seems to just directly change the buying/selling price of herbal teas for a short period, can't recall seeing any more illnesses.

But if we're going to get purely hypothetical, you could also use firebombs to sabotage a building.  People running close to the fire have a good chance to get the "burn" affliction, which requires medical treatment.  Even if it just wears off on its own, they'll be rather injured and will probably seek attention anyways.

...none of this is a guarantee that they actually will seek medical help, and even if they do there's again nothing saying that they'll be deemed to have enough money to pay for it.  I've had patients come in with assets of 300k+ get examined and then turned away because they apparently can't afford the treatment.

Although, then again, I suppose I can't really blame them...  In the game I'm running right now I've got 24/7 miracle cure sales which also gather people together for my pickpockets to pilfer and then they all get called to purchase hosts during mass in my church because I've converted everybody in the city to the Protestant faith, and after all that they have to go and pay back their loans with interest to one or both of my banks!

Basically, everyone's screwed.  'Cept me, 'cause my wife's the Queen and I make almost all my real income off of randomly punishing rich subjects with excessively high fines because they look shifty.
^^I like the way you think. We need to play a MP game sometime :)

As for the rest of it...have you played 1.16 much lately? I did put in another fix for the hospitals which should make it better. Also Zbombe contributed as well with a new button for treating patients. <---this allows you to heal enemies who would normally be turned away :)

Haven't tested the toadslime either...I believe that was darkliz's project
And 300K in assets can be deceiving, all you need is a high nobility title to have high assets which does not necessarily mean they have any spending cash.

And all this money jargon just made me think of a better idea!
Why turn away anyone at all? Perhaps its possible to tweak the cost based on relations. And since if you don't get treated you die then also remove the check to see if you have enough money. This would mean it is possible to go into debt, but in this case it seems alright because your life is hanging in the balance...

Offline Kagus

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #9 on: 13 October 2014, 21:36:58 »
I thought 1.16 was for the hitherto-unreleased patch 4.(whatever's bigger than 17b)...  So yeah, no, haven't worked with that a great deal.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #10 on: 14 October 2014, 02:07:56 »
I thought 1.16 was for the hitherto-unreleased patch 4.(whatever's bigger than 17b)...  So yeah, no, haven't worked with that a great deal.
1.16 + hotfix was the last release BEFORE the official patch. Should be quite a bit better ;)

Offline Kagus

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #11 on: 14 October 2014, 19:14:17 »
Has Anything Been Done About The Tooltips That Are Written Like This?  Because I Don't Want To Admit How Much That Irritates Me...

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #12 on: 14 October 2014, 19:19:12 »
thank god, i'm not the only one :D

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #13 on: 15 October 2014, 01:24:56 »
Has Anything Been Done About The Tooltips That Are Written Like This?  Because I Don't Want To Admit How Much That Irritates Me...
I don't think anyone besides you two would waste time on such a time consuming matter. DB/Text.dbt <---knock yourself out ;)

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #14 on: 15 October 2014, 09:10:48 »
Have you ever spend 5 hours trial and error testing numbers to make it so you could use more hats and hairs in character creation? Yea thats me :P

quarterly