Shoutbox

Author Topic: Beginner questions  (Read 5135 times)

Offline haxe

• Reputation Power:
Beginner questions
« on: 12 July 2014, 13:10:10 »
Hello there,
I am new to guild 2 and ive got a few questions.

-Is it possible to have wares go directly into the sell storage or do i have to do it manually?
-When i turn on automatic management for a moment to change the selling price and switch back to manual control after that, does it have any use?
-How is the attractivity of a pubhouse/tavern/inn connected with the availability of food and drinks? I heard there is an automatic script wich pretends to sell these thing whether i have them or not. I had 3 employees
producing only the basic food and it was never enough. Wich meant less time for high value drinks.
-Do i have to build a tinktury close to herbs?

Thanks in advance.

Offline DarkLiz

• Reputation Power:
Re: Beginner questions
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2014, 16:11:28 »
Hi,

1. In general, with The Guild 2, you have to do everything manually... if you want it done properly anyway. I seem to remember having seen a button to set up a "trade route" or something in Renaissance, maybe attached to the carts, but I never investigated it. Someone else may have some more accurate information about it, if I didn't just dream it up (possible). Might be worth a look.

2. If I understand the question correctly, no, the selling price in the auto management panel only affects things when the auto management is on.

3. The amount of food and drinks you put in your "sales depot" (the lowest row of inventory slots) has nothing to do with the attractivity of your building (from what I can tell). And yes, there are scripts which pretend to sell things at the inn (you recieve money, the paying sim loses money, buy no actual item is bought). Any time someone sits down at the inn to drink such a script runs. Then there is the "Serve Guests" measure that you or your employeed can do. This gives you  money as "tips" I believe. And when you "stage a dance" people buy imaginary drinks too.

On top of that, a script makes it so imaginary sims, and possibly also actual sims, buy the drinks/food in your "sales depot" (you see a little number, the price of the item, float above the building when this happens).

4. No, you don't have to build a tinctuary close to herbs, but the distance your building is from the herbs affects how quickly your  employees gather them as they will need to walk there to get them and walk back to drop them off.

Remember to make a backup copy of your files before modifying them.

Offline haxe

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2014, 10:10:21 »
Thank you, all this should be written in a community manual imo.

Ive got another question regarding skills and dynastie members.
Ive read that the bargaining skill of one family member benefits selling
goods of other family members at the market. Is this confirmed?
Right now  my main character, a scholar, concentrates on business skills.
My wife is a scholar as well, but i train especially her communication skills
for a future in politics and court. At the same time i want to give her the
ownership of one of my businesses, so she can work there. Since her skills
in that one are much lower than those of my main char, i will loose money
with that business compared to before. Is this being offset by her being an
additional worker?

Offline DarkLiz

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2014, 11:12:02 »
A community manual would be really useful. This game is filled with stuff that isn't explained anywhere (unless you want to spend hours poring over the scripts). Making such a manual would be a huge amount of work though.

I'm not sure if bargaining affects the buildings owned by the entire dynasty. I don't think it does.
Remember to make a backup copy of your files before modifying them.

Offline Ethabrowne@gmail.com

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #4 on: 13 August 2014, 18:23:10 »
Ive been looking for stuff on it to but only get little bits of info.  I have come across a few "guides" but the links never work.  I have been doing mostly trial and error but its nice to have something to read up on during a poop break or something.  Playing from guild 2 ren i get no tutorial or manual.  I have come across a few links for the pdf download but i don't trust. 

I have to say it again i really don't understand how this game didn't make a bigger splash.  It had to of been horribly infested and broken.  Anyway i think its a blast and im hooked for now.  F*cking jobs and girlfriends really get in the way of people advancing their dynasty. :)
« Last Edit: 14 August 2014, 18:38:49 by Ethabrowne@gmail.com »

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
« Reply #5 on: 13 August 2014, 20:50:12 »
Strongly advise editing your post for language...this forum is pretty chill but a line has to be drawn somewhere :P

^^The game WAS terribly bugged. And if you play The Guild 2 with no add-on and play Europa 1400 Gold Edition (Guild 1) then you will notice it was lacking a TON of content when compared to its predecessor.
As far as finding info I'd recommend short keywords using advanced searches on this forum and the nordic Games forum ;)
« Last Edit: 13 August 2014, 20:53:20 by McCoy! »

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #6 on: 13 August 2014, 21:04:14 »
If someone wants to start a wiki I'd be happy to add to it where I can.  I've wanted to make a tutorial video for a while but I just never find the time and/or motivation.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #7 on: 14 August 2014, 03:00:20 »
If someone wants to start a wiki I'd be happy to add to it where I can.  I've wanted to make a tutorial video for a while but I just never find the time and/or motivation.
http://the-guild-2-renaissance.wikia.com/wiki/The_Guild_2_-_Renaissance_Wiki

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #8 on: 14 August 2014, 04:02:38 »
Nice.  I've started adding a few things here and there.  I want to focus on stuff that isn't obvious or is different from the base Guild 2. 

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #9 on: 14 August 2014, 04:24:27 »
Nice.  I've started adding a few things here and there.  I want to focus on stuff that isn't obvious or is different from the base Guild 2.
Holy Crap! Nice!!
Thats all I had to do? My part took 2 minutes hehehe
^^I will browse through and add/edit stuff from time to time if I notice anything is a bit off from what is written in the code :)
Also at some point I will add the mod description to Legacy in there so I can go into more detail about each new feature

^^But awesome start!!!
Now I need to put the link to that somewhere obvious hehehe

Edit: Wiki has a sticky lol
http://forum.runeforge-games.net/index.php/topic,6769.msg16943.html#msg16943
« Last Edit: 14 August 2014, 13:21:34 by McCoy! »

quarterly