Shoutbox

Author Topic: Massive shifts in relations?  (Read 4085 times)

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
Massive shifts in relations?
« on: 08 August 2014, 05:49:09 »
So, quite a few times I've encountered a situation where an AI dynasty quite literally goes from liking me to hating me in an instant.  The most recent case was the mayor, and I was running for a lower council seat.  It seems like it usually is someone in a high office. 

Any ideas?  I'm playing as a scholar and haven't had any interaction with them, apart from "praising" them during a sermon.  It's happened even when I don't do that, though, and if anything that should raise it. 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Offline Jaqulz

• Reputation Power:
Re: Massive shifts in relations?
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2014, 15:56:01 »
I have the same siutations.
The highest office person is liking me, but just when the voting starts, he almost hates me.
On the other hand; A lot of person start to like me, i dont have any enemys anymore, even though i didnt talk to them when they were - they just ask me to get on neutral or the other "rangs".

The part with going from liking to hating ; I think its because of someone is using the defamation on the market (which came with the legacy mod?), otherwise i have no idea why this is happening

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2014, 16:21:52 »

The part with going from liking to hating ; I think its because of someone is using the defamation on the market (which came with the legacy mod?), otherwise i have no idea why this is happening

That would make sense but can't be it.  The AI currently doesn't use the assassinate character measure (but will in the next release).  Anyone else have other guesses?  It's probably something specific that is triggering this, but I still can't fathom what.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2014, 16:35:51 »

That would make sense but can't be it.  The AI currently doesn't use the assassinate character measure (but will in the next release).  Anyone else have other guesses?  It's probably something specific that is triggering this, but I still can't fathom what.
Mayor sets taxes very high
Or get caughts embezzling
^^the mayor can become hated very quickly

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #4 on: 08 August 2014, 17:34:38 »
Oh, I mean the mayor is the AI person, not me.  I don't even hold an office. 

Offline Jaqulz

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #5 on: 08 August 2014, 18:09:07 »

I think he meant :
The AI Major sets the taxes very high, your character doesnt like it it start to hate that corrupt basta*d :P

For me ; I'll take a look for that, dont know right now if only the major is getting all the hate.

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #6 on: 08 August 2014, 19:03:09 »

I think he meant :
The AI Major sets the taxes very high, your character doesnt like it it start to hate that corrupt basta*d :P

For me ; I'll take a look for that, dont know right now if only the major is getting all the hate.

Well, I guess that's something I'm not entirely sure I understand about the favor mechanism in this game.  If you hate someone because they set the taxes higher, does that make them also hate you?  If so, then this makes sense, but I don't think it should work that way.  The mayor setting taxes high shouldn't make him/her hate you, even if it makes you hate them.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #7 on: 09 August 2014, 01:28:25 »

I think he meant :

Well, I guess that's something I'm not entirely sure I understand about the favor mechanism in this game.  If you hate someone because they set the taxes higher, does that make them also hate you?  If so, then this makes sense, but I don't think it should work that way.  The mayor setting taxes high shouldn't make him/her hate you, even if it makes you hate them.  Hopefully that makes sense.
^^that is a little complicated for a broken game don't you think? Lol

Favor is what it is and is the same for BOTH parties.
^^if it makes you feel better maybe you can think of it like it uses the average of his favor to you and your favor to him hahahaha

Also favor is hardcoded this way and there is no changing it...

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #8 on: 09 August 2014, 01:35:25 »
Yeah, the average thing makes sense to some extent.  Basically if you hate someone there's a good chance they're not necessarily going to like you much either.  Is it actually the average between the two?  At least I know what's happening; that's the most important thing.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #9 on: 09 August 2014, 01:43:19 »
Yeah, the average thing makes sense to some extent.  Basically if you hate someone there's a good chance they're not necessarily going to like you much either.  Is it actually the average between the two?  At least I know what's happening; that's the most important thing.
^^yes...definitely the average lol
Too funny...but no. there is a function that sets favor to another sim. it is what it is. I guess the scriptor could take this into account when they decide on the favor loss/gain factor ;)

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #10 on: 09 August 2014, 01:54:40 »
Too funny...but no. there is a function that sets favor to another sim. it is what it is. I guess the scriptor could take this into account when they decide on the favor loss/gain factor ;)

Well at least with global effects like setting the tax it applies to everyone equally.  The people you're running against will take an equal hit, if I'm understanding it correctly. 

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #11 on: 09 August 2014, 02:16:48 »

Well at least with global effects like setting the tax it applies to everyone equally.  The people you're running against will take an equal hit, if I'm understanding it correctly.
Yes that is the way it works. Also with offices favor is deceiving. There is the ability bonus "local club president" or some such thing you can get up to three bonus's for. There is also noble birth and also a title bonus...so your favor can be lower and you can still take office ;)

Offline darqen27

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #12 on: 09 August 2014, 19:12:41 »
Also you should look at if they are Prot. and you are Cath. and you both own churchs, then favor will go from instant like to super hate and wanna murder in an instant, also if you own similar businesses as someone in politics they will hate you instantly.

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
« Reply #13 on: 09 August 2014, 19:59:33 »
Also you should look at if they are Prot. and you are Cath. and you both own churchs, then favor will go from instant like to super hate and wanna murder in an instant, also if you own similar businesses as someone in politics they will hate you instantly.
^^look at this guy lol
Not a bad idea for games played on hard :)
Perhaps it can be worked in with the Charisma booster one day...but alas definitely not a priority :P

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #14 on: 10 August 2014, 00:55:30 »
Religion already plays some role in favor, doesn't it?  Perhaps only that higher religiosity conveys higher favor, or am I just imagining that?

When I play as a scholar and have a church, I like to refer to it as "church wars" when there's the opposite denomination in town and we've both got our priests out in the street trying to convert folks.  It's actually, oddly, pretty exciting. 

quarterly