Shoutbox

Author Topic: Massive shifts in relations?  (Read 4179 times)

Offline Kagus

• Reputation Power:
Re: Massive shifts in relations?
« Reply #15 on: 14 October 2014, 00:40:54 »
I've made a post regarding the embezzlement-caused "angry retaliation against you for not doing anything" (something that's particularly disturbing thanks to instakills like witch burnings, assassinations and other dickery) situation elsewhere, but figured I'd pop in and make a noise regarding church wars.

Yeah, it is actually oddly fun (I was doing it almost entirely for the cash though), but weighted hysterically in favor of the Protestants, since you can read a Thesis Paper inside the catholic church during mass...  This will convert pretty much everyone in attendance instantly, potentially even some of the priests.

I only ever needed to do that once in my own game.  Nowadays the only person who attends the Catholic sermons is the one preacher giving them, and I just send my regular mooks out once in a while to boost local piety (also to collect people for the pickpockets and quacksalvers and such, you know how it goes).

Offline McCoy!

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
  • Master Thief
    • The Guild 2 - Reniassance Wiki
Re: Massive shifts in relations?
« Reply #16 on: 14 October 2014, 02:05:19 »
I've made a post regarding the embezzlement-caused "angry retaliation against you for not doing anything" (something that's particularly disturbing thanks to instakills like witch burnings, assassinations and other dickery) situation elsewhere, but figured I'd pop in and make a noise regarding church wars.

Yeah, it is actually oddly fun (I was doing it almost entirely for the cash though), but weighted hysterically in favor of the Protestants, since you can read a Thesis Paper inside the catholic church during mass...  This will convert pretty much everyone in attendance instantly, potentially even some of the priests.

I only ever needed to do that once in my own game.  Nowadays the only person who attends the Catholic sermons is the one preacher giving them, and I just send my regular mooks out once in a while to boost local piety (also to collect people for the pickpockets and quacksalvers and such, you know how it goes).
The shifting of relations needs to be tweaked for sure if not just to implement difficulty settings. Also the witch burning and assassinations should be tweaked as well. %'s need to be reduced and better target assessment needs to be implemented. Also probably more turns before it is initiated...

^^But nothing for awhile. Even after the patch has been released and tested it will be a chore to pick through 900+files and remove the unneeded fluff which of course will need to be done before anything :P