Shoutbox

Author Topic: Solution very easy to solve out of sync  (Read 4043 times)

Offline Franckf57

• Reputation Power:
Solution very easy to solve out of sync
« on: 13 December 2011, 14:06:37 »
Hi,

You can and in the code in the code if a player is out of sync quick save and quick distribution of savegame to player and reload it?

Thx.

Offline Calid

• Reputation Power:
Re: Solution very easy to solve out of sync
« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2012, 14:43:28 »
Well, this is a thought

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #2 on: 11 July 2012, 16:13:34 »
I think the auto-reloading would be hard b/c of the way games are set up but adding a copy of the save to everyone's save folder would be nice and save a lot of time.

Offline RichardShru

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2012, 22:57:00 »
I actually found that playing with hamachi, especially the 256 player channels, completely eliminates the problems of OoS errors for us. It will occasionally lag, and take time to speed up. But you don't need to go through the effort of saving, reloading, etc. It just kinda makes it work.

Offline Schnuffi

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2013, 08:13:25 »
I noticed that u get only sync issues, when u have modified files. I play MP with a friend we got only patch 4.17b installed and had one time a sync issue because of modified config.ini.

Offline laser50

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #5 on: 25 October 2013, 11:24:29 »
I actually found that playing with hamachi, especially the 256 player channels, completely eliminates the problems of OoS errors for us. It will occasionally lag, and take time to speed up. But you don't need to go through the effort of saving, reloading, etc. It just kinda makes it work.

False. OoS errors are caused by pathfinding issues and other wonderful game issues, it doesn't really matter what you use.

quarterly