Shoutbox

Author Topic: hello, and thanks, and what not  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Davis

• Reputation Power:
hello, and thanks, and what not
« on: 17 January 2012, 15:02:24 »
hi,
this is my first time posting here
I love the guild games and have got them all,
the guild universe pack with both the original euro 1400 games and the guild 2 +pirates, i also bought venice cause i loved the guild 2 so much (was very upset and disappointed by how little was added, buggy, and so not like the description it was) then decided that i might as well get renaissance cause hey it was the guild and i fell in love again,
 it was like the pirates but had more and was such a step in the right direction, and it has replaced pirates ever since (which was one of my favourite games).
Since me and my bro love playing this amazing game (also a amazingly glitchy game) when i heard that RuneForge was still patching it even though JoWood went bust i was so happy, thank you so much it is such a great (under appreciated) game which has so much potential.

also if any of the RuneForge people could tell me any books, videos, sites, etc (in english) that could teach me how to code i would appreciate it, any hints tips or suggestions would be appreciated i have always wanted to learn coding and to be able to mod and make games and things but never new were to start (so asking here where everyone seams so nice looks as good a place as any).

I'm very excited for the new patch and the new game Rune Forge are coming out with and hopefully some one takes the time to read all my rambling here and i would like to apologise for the rambling.

thanks for everything RuneForge, when big companies like EA make games like sims and forget about the games roots and fans and just go for money and a cheap buck it is nice to know that there are developers out there working on an amazing game even if they don't see the money,

Offline KaiserDark

• Reputation Power:
  • GYM ?! Was ist ein GYM ?
Re: hello, and thanks, and what not
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2012, 16:07:02 »
"Programming in Lua" - by Roberto Ierusalimschy

Offline Davis

• Reputation Power:
Re: hello, and thanks, and what not
« Reply #2 on: 18 January 2012, 00:26:28 »
"Programming in Lua" - by Roberto Ierusalimschy

K cool thanks KaiserDark ill check it out, i wasn't expecting a reply so quick, this forum is the best (of the few) I've been on,

quarterly