Shoutbox

Author Topic: Looking for people to play MP with  (Read 5663 times)

Offline Kylar Stark

• Reputation Power:
Looking for people to play MP with
« on: 25 May 2012, 10:04:34 »
Hit me up, I don't really care if it's a mod or the original. I just want to try out MP.

Offline bad karma

• Reputation Power:
Re: Looking for people to play MP with
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2012, 17:26:38 »
I'd love to, but all the times I have tried we did not solve the OOC problem so I concldued that its inevitable, unless you're God. So basically, I lost hope.

Offline Kylar Stark

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2012, 09:16:39 »
I heard a few people have had sucess with the Tunngle networks, but I haven't met anyone to try it yet  :-\

Offline RichardShru

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2012, 00:33:48 »
Personally, I've always loved and been a longtime player of The Guild 2. I started with the original copy (TG2, not the earlier games). So speaking from experience. The most stable multiplayer I've seen is fully patched Original TG2 games. Coming in second, with more content, is the Pirates expansion. It seems pretty intuitive to me that, with every new installment of the series, the more content that was added the more bugs and OoS errors that occurred.

Don't get me wrong, I love the ideas and content that have been pushed forward in the Renaissance expansion, but it is not and has not been multiplayer-ready for years. I've waited in hopes that it would be, I remember hearing about the reduction of multiplayer OoS causing bugs, and plans for a 'resyncher', but to be honest I have no idea when or if it will ever be ready.

To that end, if anyone wants to play multiplayer, feel free to contact me on here or PM. I have the original game and Renaissance installed, and can get Pirates. The more the merrier.

Offline Zbombe

• Reputation Power:
  • MP Spieler
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2012, 12:02:58 »
Hello,

I'm starting a MP game on Monday.

So far,
Zbombe
Mein Großvater sagte mir einst, dass es zwei Sorten von Menschen gäbe. Die, die arbeiten und die, die sich die Lorbeeren für diese Arbeit einheimsen. Er sagte mir, ich solle versuchen in der ersten Gruppe zu sein; es gäbe dort viel weniger Konkurrenz.

Indira Gandhi

Offline RichardShru

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2012, 04:37:50 »
Awsome. What time? And using what MP connection system (hamachi, Garena, Tungle, etc.)

Offline Zbombe

• Reputation Power:
  • MP Spieler
« Reply #6 on: 09 July 2012, 09:14:34 »
Hello.

Today 09/07/2012
20:00 CET
Hamatchi
Client: Gilde 2 - Ren - Patch 4.17b, no mods

So far,
Zbombe
Mein Großvater sagte mir einst, dass es zwei Sorten von Menschen gäbe. Die, die arbeiten und die, die sich die Lorbeeren für diese Arbeit einheimsen. Er sagte mir, ich solle versuchen in der ersten Gruppe zu sein; es gäbe dort viel weniger Konkurrenz.

Indira Gandhi

Offline bad karma

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2012, 11:15:01 »
Awesome,

I would like to join and I have the install files for TG2 Ren, but Im too sceptical abut the OOS error. Please report if u guys suceed cuz I dont want to install it until the Through the Centuries will come out cuz I have little space left on my PC and gotta remove quite a bit. So I dont want to install and end up wih OOS again.

Offline Zbombe

• Reputation Power:
  • MP Spieler
« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2012, 12:59:03 »
Awesome,

I would like to join and I have the install files for TG2 Ren, but Im too sceptical abut the OOS error. Please report if u guys suceed cuz I dont want to install it until the Through the Centuries will come out cuz I have little space left on my PC and gotta remove quite a bit. So I dont want to install and end up wih OOS again.

What problem you see in the OOS?
The 4.17b is such stable, that even if a OOS occurs you can send the savegame to the other player and continue playing.

So far,
Zbombe

Indira Gandhi

Offline bad karma

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #9 on: 09 July 2012, 14:12:41 »
Im pretty sure I tried v417b but we couldnt even start the game..it was OOS from the start..we did not even manage to play.

Offline Zbombe

• Reputation Power:
  • MP Spieler
« Reply #10 on: 09 July 2012, 14:17:28 »
Im pretty sure I tried v417b but we couldnt even start the game..it was OOS from the start..we did not even manage to play.

Hello.

Well my last game runs stable. We ended the game in round 29.

So far,
Zbombe

Indira Gandhi

Offline bad karma

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #11 on: 09 July 2012, 15:00:19 »
All right Im in. I sent you a PM.

Offline Zbombe

• Reputation Power:
  • MP Spieler
« Reply #12 on: 09 July 2012, 17:42:55 »
Hello.

Well I'm online now, so we can start to group up.

So far,
Zbombe

Indira Gandhi

Offline bad karma

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #13 on: 09 July 2012, 19:31:16 »
added you in Skype

Offline Zbombe

• Reputation Power:
  • MP Spieler
« Reply #14 on: 09 July 2012, 20:05:58 »
Hello.

15 minutes to start... anyone ones to join?

So far,
Zbombe

Indira Gandhi

quarterly
quarterly