Shoutbox

Author Topic: Things the AI does (or doesn't) do  (Read 2590 times)

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
Things the AI does (or doesn't) do
« on: 24 June 2012, 15:06:34 »
So, lately I've been paying more attention to what the AI dynasty members do and I haven't observed them doing quite a few things:

* Equiping weapons/armor (although they do buy them, strangely)
* Using the bath room at the pub and dancing at the pub
* Using special abilities provided by their offices
* This one I'm not entirely sure about, but I don't think I've seen them buy horse/ox carts
* This one is already known, but they don't build anywhere outside the town walls
* I have seen them use poems, give cakes, etc. but don't know if they use other items (e.g. the top, the dueling gloves)

Can anyone confirm if they've seen them do any of these things?  I would love to see this stuff added in the next patch or just modded in if it's possible.  The game world is already pretty alive but this would make it even more so.

Offline RichardShru

• Reputation Power:
Re: Things the AI does (or doesn't) do
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2012, 20:31:08 »
I think I've seen them use some of the powers of their offices, but not others. For example, if I recall the town inspector will occasionally inspect buildings with people he's feuding with, but its rare. Meanwhile I've never seen the Captain or other guard-leader use the arrest ability.

There is also some kind of bug when it comes to collecting evidence in general. I had several henchmen of mine and my main character watch in a multiplayer match as a rival player robbed my farm. No evidence was collected, but I was able to kill them. It was odd, and seems to be something shared by many other NPC's (I'll have guys sitting there shouting at me when I play a rogue, but no one ever accuses me

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2012, 23:39:47 »
Ah, the evidence thing seems familiar to me.  It's not always entirely clear how and why evidence is collected on certain sims/actions.  However, I suspect it has something to do with stealth skill, since I believe it makes it less likely you'll be "caught."  Maybe this applies to evidence as well.

Also, I did just see someone use the business inspector in my game, and I have been tortured, bribed, charged, and I also saw some npcs dancing at the pub.  This was all actually after installing the megamod, so I think some stuff was tweaked there.

What I REALLY want to see the AI doing things like using toad slime.  This would make for a good (and chaotic) time.

Offline RichardShru

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2012, 18:05:45 »
I feel like having them sabotage would be an even more interesting first step B). I never see them try it, ever :S. Maybe assigning NPC "Personalities" to different AI dynasty's to determine their level of violence and/or economic focus? Could possibly help with some of the shortages experianced in game.

And I only recently downloaded the mega mod so I'll have to try it out as well, see how it is.

quarterly