Shoutbox

Author Topic: Resources (or lack thereof) in market.  (Read 2464 times)

Offline lito

• Reputation Power:
Resources (or lack thereof) in market.
« on: 30 July 2012, 00:35:01 »
So me and my brother tried to play this today, having played quite alot of guild 2 previously. We were hoping that the out of sync issues would have been fixed so we decided to try renaissance out.

I dont know if the OoS issues are any better since we cant even get a game going.
There simply is no available resources in the market, making it impossible to make any money with many of the bussinesses available..

Am i missing something here? Is the iron, charcoal, wood etc supposed to run out after 2min and then not restock?? Considering that were playing on hard difficulty and dont start with much money, i cant just build a mine and get it myself.

Right now i just feel like i want to understand whats going on, since i havent been able to find any info on this anywhere i looked.

Thanks to anyone willing to educate me a little...

« Last Edit: 30 July 2012, 18:47:02 by lito »

Offline Fajeth

• Reputation Power:
Re: Resources (or lack thereof) in market.
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2012, 20:30:20 »
Which patch/ mod do you play?

Of course, iron etc just get restocked if there are mines ... and no robbers! Sometimes they just sit between mine and market. It also needs some time : they start making gems because it brings them more money than iron ...

a tip: If you become guildmaster you can get a resource-package in the guildhall. Its not that big, but helps to fill some gaps until the market has fresh raw materials

Hope that helps

Offline lito

• Reputation Power:
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2012, 23:23:35 »
I'm playing 4.17b, no mods. The resource package is a good tip, usually takes a while to become guildmaster though doesn't it? Also what bothers me about the whole thing is that it seems the only businesses you make a profit from, early on atleast, are the bussinesses that supply its own raw materials. The only such bussines i can think of is the brickery...

Offline General Chaos

• Supporter
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2012, 00:38:31 »
Or places that provide only raw resources like the croft or orchard.  It balances out later on though b/c these resources drop in value fast while the more complex manufactured items from other businesses are usually still rare for a while.  Early game though it's definitely easier to produce raw goods.